How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-07-2005
rising star

pfft, the sun.

21-07-2005
rising star

still MORE chaos & crisis for Pete....
BABYSHAMBLES CRISIS WEEK!

A shadow hung over the future of BABYSHAMBLES last week as their UK tour was postponed amid claims that PETE DOHERTY had sacked the rest of the band.

As of last Friday (July 15), the other three members, Drew McConnell, Adam Ficek and Pat Walden, hadn’t spoken to Doherty as sessions for their debut album fell even further behind schedule.

Things came to a head after Doherty returned from Paris, where he appeared with The Paddingtons to celebrate the birthday and new fashion collection of Dior’s designer Hedi Slimane.

Friends say that one of the reasons for the fall out is that Doherty is unhappy over a remix of ‘**** Forever’ was done after the single had already been released to radio.

NME.COM understands the radio reaction to ‘**** Forever’ was not as good as anticipated, so another producer was brought in to try out a remix. But Doherty wasn’t at the session and as a result, the version is likely to become lost forever.

Additionally on July 14 the band’s forthcoming UK tour was pulled at short notice. The official explanation was that Babyshambles needed more time to work on the album. However, while the dates have yet to be rescheduled, though tickets for some shows remain on sale. Promoters insist that a tour will go ahead, perhaps as soon as two weeks’ time.

http://www.nme.com/news/113071.htm

from NME News

22-07-2005
front row

DOHERTY IN VIOLENT FIGHT WITH MANAGER

PETE DOHERTY and his manager JAMES MULLORD were reportedly involved in a vicious fight after Mullord accused Doherty's lover KATE MOSS of destroying BABYSHAMBLES.

Drug-addled rocker Doherty angered his manager when he announced he was quitting the already struggling band to work with his supermodel girlfriend.

Mullord confronted the singer, slammed $26,000 (GBP15,000) in cash on the table in front of Doherty, and allegedly shouted, "You think I'm in this for the money? No, I'm not. Don't let Kate Moss ruin your career and band."

The situation was then said to have quickly descended into violence when an angry Doherty started throwing punches at Mullord.

A witness tells British newspaper the Daily Mirror, "We were about to call the police but it wouldn't have looked good for Pete after the trouble he's been in.

"We couldn't stop them punching, kicking and clawing each other."

22/07/2005 01:55

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...with%20manager

22-07-2005
V.I.P.

^ Is anyone really surprised that Babyshambles are close to splitting? I bet Gemma's pleased she left when she did!

22-07-2005
front row

I hope he crashes and burns... I can't STAND him... ugh.

22-07-2005
V.I.P.

^and i still don't get his appeal....

22-07-2005
V.I.P.

Neither do I! ick Looking at him just makes me feel like I need to take a shower.

22-07-2005
V.I.P.

He looks stoned and dead all the time, resembling a boy who has been stuffed into a man's body. He and Kate DO NOT match, AT ALL. Yeah so looks may not be the most important thing, but this guy doesn't have much of an appealing personality either. It's a lose-lose situation.

Last edited by Kimkhuu; 09-08-2005 at 07:43 PM. Reason: No disrespectful comments allowed

25-07-2005
front row

25 July 2005
EXCLUSIVE: KATE: IT'S OVER
She tells junkie Pete to pack his bags after singer's drunken fight in street
By Stephen Moyes

KATE Moss has dumped Pete Doherty after the crack addict got into a violent street brawl.

The supermodel is so fed up worrying about the wayward singer, she ordered him to move out of her country mansion.

Before leaving for a modelling job in America, she told him in a tearful call: "Make sure your bags are gone by the time I return."

Doherty, 29, had to flee from a gang of Somalis after he got into a fight with them. He hid in a shop but they smashed in the front door.

Mum-of-one Kate, 31, told friends: "I still love Pete but can't put up with his unpredictability any more. It's not like I'm 17 and don't mind not knowing where he is and who he is with.

"I love him so much and he has broken my heart. I feel like a devastated schoolgirl."

Violence flared on Friday after junkie Doherty went boozing with guitarist friend Alan Wass in North London. A group of youths shouted "crackhead" at him and a fight broke out.

A friend said: "Pete was badly shaken. They were cornered in a shop and all hell broke loose.

"He took a couple of blows to the head before he managed to get out. He was worried he could have been beaten to a pulp. Pete demonstrated just why Kate has grown so frustrated with him."

Farid Khan, 30, of Supersave store in Camden Town, said: "The singer ran in pursued by six men. There was a big fight. We got the Somalis out but they hurled a brick at the door."

Kate, who has a daughter, Lila Grace, two, still hopes to pursue a singing career with Doherty.

She was behind him ditching manager James Mullord. But Kate, who asked Doherty to move into her Oxfordshire mansion two months ago, told a friend: "I can't go on spending day and night worrying about Pete. He would disappear without a word and I would not hear from him for days.

"He never listens to me. He doesn't care about me. We have rowed so much, I'm exhausted. He has to change his lifestyle. Until that happens, we are finished."

A friend of Doherty said: "We're worried how Pete will react to being dumped. For all their ups and downs, and despite his wild ways, he really loves Kate."

Scotland Yard said of the street fight: "We were called to reports of an altercation. A man was arrested."

The Mirror told last week how Doherty exchanged blows with his friend James Mullord after telling him he was sacked.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

25-07-2005
yes

he was going to get drugs when he got in a fight, serves him right

25-07-2005
backstage pass

I really hope that this time, their split is final. I hate to wish them ill will as a couple, but I would really like to see Kate settle down with a man who will be good for her and for Lila Grace.

- Leo Buscaglia

25-07-2005
backstage pass

I just saw this on http://cheersclinky.blogspot.com/ and it was too funny not to pass on! I know the pic is photoshopped, but made me laugh nonetheless.

Breaking up is sooo last season!

Dumping Pete Doherty makes Kate Moss feel like a "devastated school girl". While she still loves him, she can't live with him, constantly being concerned of his whereabouts. Rice cakes aside, she tearfully demanded he leave her country mansion at once, and having all his belongings removed by the time she returns home from a modeling job in America.
Oh, honey, welcome to my world, but like they say, "deaths come in three"... Allow me to recap:
1. Jude & Sienna
2. Paris & Paris
3. Kate & Pete
Now back to our regular scheduled programming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kp.jpg (9.2 KB, 314 views)

- Leo Buscaglia

26-07-2005
trendsetter

^ that's funny. when my bf saw that he was rolling & wanted me to save the pic.

26-07-2005
fashion icon

oh man Pete is a mess...i think Hedi is not very ethical, draining him for 'inspiration' while his life continues to go down the toilet. Thanks to the drugs, he doesn't even look human these days.

26-07-2005
The mod squad

I wonder what she saw in him in the first place, he doesn't even seem to be
conscience most of the time.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
doherty, kate, moss, pete