How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-08-2005
windowshopping

I'm glad they've split up. She was bringing him and his performance down. Now I can go see him perform as normal.

07-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfx6
I love the way you all act like you know Kate Moss and talk about how lovely she is and about how bad Peter is for her. But you don't know her or Peter, and Peter is actually a very caring and loving person.

I think that before you hate Peter, maybe you should read what he has to say and see him perform and then have an opinion, otherwise you are only seeing Kates side of the story which is never fair. Kate loves him, and if you all love Kate, then you should stop talking about how useless and ugly he is, and actually TRY and see his good sides.
You just contradicted yourself! How do you know pete is a very loving caring person, and yet we can't judge him for ourselfs?

I base my opinions of pete on the fact he's a hard drug addict, has a criminal record, assults reporters, has a highly sketchy sexual past, and looks like he is close to dropping dead from heart failure. I sure as hell would never let someone like that even in my house. I just can't see someone who punches anyone in the face as a 'caring' 'loving' person, I can't imagine any of my friends doing that

I have no wish to try and see his good sides - if deep down he loves his kid or something... everyone has a good side, just most people's good side tends to out shine their bad side, so you don't have to 'look for it'.

It's no longer an issue anyway since Kate and Pete are no longer an item.

Each to their own, I'll never like him. I'm not biased by a love of kate, I think she's ok but I'm not big fan. *shrugs*

07-08-2005
fashion insider

he used to work as a male prostitute

didn't know that..I learn something new everyday here ...

07-08-2005
trendsetter

I can understand kate's attraction to the wild pete .. its sad they split..
i wish it would have worked.
and had a happily ever after ending ..

07-08-2005
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfx6
I'm glad they've split up. She was bringing him and his performance down. Now I can go see him perform as normal.
bringing HIM down? are you crazy, if anything it was the other way around...

and by 'perform as usual' do you mean off his face and tripping all over the place

07-08-2005
front row

[QUOTE=Alexx]You just contradicted yourself! How do you know pete is a very loving caring person, and yet we can't judge him for ourselfs?

I base my opinions of pete on the fact he's a hard drug addict, has a criminal record, assults reporters, has a highly sketchy sexual past, and looks like he is close to dropping dead from heart failure. I sure as hell would never let someone like that even in my house. I just can't see someone who punches anyone in the face as a 'caring' 'loving' person, I can't imagine any of my friends doing that

everyone has a good side, just most people's good side tends to out shine their bad side, so you don't have to 'look for it'.

QUOTE]

It is what it is... well said Alexx!

07-08-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

[QUOTE=kfx6]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx
You just contradicted yourself! How do you know pete is a very loving caring person, and yet we can't judge him for ourselfs?

Cos I no Pete. I doubt many of you no Kate. So I am not contricting myself.

Most artists get ****ed, and it's usually to do with the pressure they are put under. I'm not saying it's effing right...but all the beatles got ****ed up, as well Kurt Cobain and many more. Doesn't stop them from being absolutelty ****ing brilliant people and artists.
I don't give a toss about what he's like as a person, it's Pete Doherty's singular lack of any musical ability that irritates me...

07-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
bringing HIM down? are you crazy, if anything it was the other way around...

and by 'perform as usual' do you mean off his face and tripping all over the place

don't hold back Acid.... (please don't.... )

07-08-2005
windowshopping

Never going to give him a chance?? Then you can't judge. You have obviously only bothered to read the bad press on him, WHICH MEANS you have only heard one side of the story. The tabloids are picking at his faults which means that they don't let his 'good side' shine through...they aren't going to say "Pete Doherty punched a photographer etc etc...but he also loves his child, cares for his fans and when he's off the drugs cares for the people he loves" They don't give him the chance to show his good side becasue they know that people like you, won't be interested in it because you liek to think that he's this 'awful person'.....Listen to his music at least. You don't have to like him. He's bloody amazing and always be lovely to me.

07-08-2005
front row

First of all, i don't know Pete or Kate and so obviously can't like or dislike either of them.
But, love to all his fans and all the rest? It's called drugs mate

If you had a hard core drug habit wouldn't you love anyone you were getting money off? Also, he loves his fans that much but drops out of babyshambles as soon as Kate tells him to? Right.

07-08-2005
windowshopping

ahh your all boring me with your views. im just being a good fan. why do you all have a problem with that. i want him to get off the drugs as well but im not going to critisise his every bad move. i just dont think you can say that pete is bad for kate becasue kate is also an addict. its like saying courtney love brought kurt cobain down. THEY BOTH DID DRUGS. but unfortunately becasue pete is so very talented, people like to bring him down and go on and on AND ON about his drug use. But luckily for Kate Moss, she's in an industry where...well...she doesnt need to do much but look pretty and wear designer clothes, so no one really wants to go on and on about her addictions. blah. i love peter. you dont....i think we can stop trying to change each others views. i just think its sad that fans of his dont stick up for him any more. i still want him to get better and carry on making beautiful music, so im going to stick up for him until im blue in the face. or pink becasue it sounds more attractive. meh

07-08-2005
front row

I don't remember Kate doing sexual acts for money for drugs or beating people up? Did this happen? Or was that just Pete?

07-08-2005
front row

With kate's past troubles, now that she is a mom and might hope for a healthier lifestyle, a junkie like pete is the worst possible influence on kate and lila. there must be some romantic attraction to him for her, but you know that many of kate's long-term friends are appalled by pete, and we, looking at this from the outside, can understand their concern and also hope she shows him the door immediately. his current conduct is atrocious

08-08-2005
backstage pass

(QUOTE-ahh your all boring me with your views. im just being a good fan. why do you all have a problem with that. i want him to get off the drugs as well but im not going to critisise his every bad move. i just dont think you can say that pete is bad for kate becasue kate is also an addict. its like saying courtney love brought kurt cobain down. THEY BOTH DID DRUGS. but unfortunately becasue pete is so very talented, people like to bring him down and go on and on AND ON about his drug use. But luckily for Kate Moss, she's in an industry where...well...she doesnt need to do much but look pretty and wear designer clothes, so no one really wants to go on and on about her addictions. blah. i love peter. you dont....i think we can stop trying to change each others views. i just think its sad that fans of his dont stick up for him any more. i still want him to get better and carry on making beautiful music, so im going to stick up for him until im blue in the face. or pink becasue it sounds more attractive. meh)
I love him too, and I am also a great big fan of his I completely agree with what you are saying and thought you might like to know that there is a documentry about Pete on tv on 28th August and you might want to watch it!

08-08-2005
backstage pass

I think that he is a genius and he will get off the drugs. His music has inspired so many people and when you people take the time to hear it you will find that it is truley amazing. I have been to many of his shows and he really cares for the audience and conects with them in a way that I have seen no other artist do. I think he is great because he not some narrow minded fool, he opens himself to many things, the drugs were a bad thing to open up to though. I don't think his true fans will give up on him,I am one of them. I am currently reading a book about the Libertines, Kids In the Riot: Highs and Lows of the Libertines, it is fantastic and all the truth is witten inside of there not some of the crap you see in tabloids, they are all scum!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
doherty, kate, moss, pete