How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
Pete looks like Sh**!! I hope she leaves him. FOR GOOD.
I hope so too but so that he can be MINE! Seriously though he is the coolest person on the planet. I spent all of yesterday listening to Babyshambles' "F*** Forever' single. It is awesome.

Last edited by Orchide; 17-09-2005 at 05:44 PM. Reason: please read tFS's policy on posting re. drugs.

17-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Pirate
O REALLY?
Holy Moly Mackeral thats funny! I thought I needed an ambulance
What a classy guy

Last edited by Hipkitten; 17-09-2005 at 07:52 PM.

17-09-2005
Been things & seen places

^ the above picture is actually a spoof which was photo-shopped on a blog somewhere and now is still making the rounds.

17-09-2005
backstage pass

Ah I see it, Orchide - but still, he's like that. And he's probably looked a lot worse

18-09-2005
front row

i L O V E Kate and Pete !! Both their styles match so well, very cool couple !

18-09-2005
V.I.P.

Asha are you around? I have been reading Pete Welsh' book "Kids in the Riot: High and Low with the Libertines". It is an amazing book which you should try and get hold of if you haven't already.

18-09-2005
trendsetter

I'd like to talk to her too.

Is this book good ? I mean is it serious or a just for the fans?

As for Kate and Pete I don't think they'll stay together now.

Last edited by Orchide; 18-09-2005 at 11:59 PM. Reason: off topic- take it to pm's please

18-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-White

the libertines- for lovers is a good song!
I think you'll find that 'For Lovers' is not a Libertines song.It's Wolfman Feat.Pete Doherty.

Wolfman wrote that song NOT Pete

18-09-2005
trendsetter

^ oh tx for that !

18-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AndoraStar*
If the "drug" conversations, I will have no other choice but to close this thread. I have already posted our policy as Orchid as stated. Please refer to that.

Thank you for your co-operation,
AndoraStar
sorry about the wrong references.

18-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadee
I'd like to talk to her too.

Is this book good ? I mean is it serious or a just for the fans?

As for Kate and Pete I don't think they'll stay together now.
The book is very good for anyone interested in the band and its rise and fall. I am a serious Libertines junkie but the book helped me become more knowledgable about their lives in their little Camden/bethnal green/wherever bedsit where 'Up The Bracket' came to life. It is in the form of an interview so you get Pete's response to an event and then Carl's and then the managers so you can see how things have become distorted to suit everyone's own opinions.

Plus there are the insider photos which are always cool. I was googling articles on Pete earlier and apparently there is very little of that soulful Rimbaud-esque poeticism left in him.

Last edited by Orchide; 19-09-2005 at 12:02 AM. Reason: see policy re. posting please.

18-09-2005
Been things & seen places

If discussing Kate and Pete keeps bringing up certain limited and specific lines of talking which are clearly against policy, this thread will be locked.
Final warning.
I am growing weary of editing posts and deleting and reminding and re-reminding you all
Regarding anything off-topic, please take it to pm as it doesn't relate to the thread.
Feel free to pm me with any questions if you have a question.
Thank you,
Orchide

Last edited by Orchide; 19-09-2005 at 12:01 AM.

19-09-2005
backstage pass

i think kate and pete suit each other, for
1)they both have four-letter first names
2)they are both very thin
3)they both have(had) substance problems, and
4)they seem to like each other quite a bit.

so why can't people just stop obsessing over two far-removed, albeit famous, individuals' lives?
i think us humans are just plain old nosy.
the western world continues the traditon: mick jagger and marianne faithfull, anita pallengberg...and every man in the swinging sixties, etc. etc. etc...now kate moss and pete doherty! kate moss and johnny depp! kate moss and jefferson hack! kate moss by herself, she's sexy enough for both sexes!
people need to stop convincing themselves that everything is pete or kate or both's fault and start realizing that society creates these people.

Last edited by Orchide; 19-09-2005 at 07:30 AM. Reason: please for the last time, see posting policy.

19-09-2005
backstage pass

Article from The Sunday Times (UK) Its funny, my dad told me about this article, when your parents know about this kind of stuff then you know it has to be big news! But my dad thinks everything writen in the Times is absolute, set in tablets of stone truth

Its about Kate signing contracts of "good and healthy behaviour" Taken from www.timesonline.co.uk

Moss offers good conduct clause to save career

Jon Ungoed-Thomas and Lois Rogers

KATE MOSS has said she is ready to sign “good behaviour” contracts with fashion companies pledging a drug-free lifestyle after she was pictured apparently snorting cocaine in a London recording studio.

Moss is fighting to salvage her career after the revelations and is expected to hold crisis talks with fashion companies this week. She stands to lose an estimated income of more than £2m a year if her contracts are cancelled.

It emerged yesterday that H&M, the fashion retail chain, decided to keep Moss for its launch of a Stella McCartney range after she signed a document agreeing to a “healthy and wholesome” lifestyle.

“We strongly disapprove of her actions,” said an H&M spokesman, adding that Moss had been “very regretful” at a meeting with the firm.

Other fashion labels, including Burberry and Rimmel, the cosmetics company, are believed to be reviewing her contracts.

Experts say the worst scenario for Moss is a “domino effect” where one big company cancels a contract and others follow. One fashion insider said: “One of these companies might easily decide Kate is bringing their products into disrepute and refuse to use her any more. The worry for her then is whether others would follow.”

In a series of grainy photographs published in the Daily Mirror last week, Moss is shown snorting cocaine in a recording studio with her boyfriend, the singer Pete Doherty of the band Babyshambles.

Moss was secretly recorded in the studio describing how she had experienced a “whitey” (a paranoid state) from taking drugs. She also said her former drug dealer had been sectioned for life after raping women.

Moss is unlikely to face prosecution, despite the pledge of Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan police commissioner, to make “a few examples” of middle-class drug users. A police source said yesterday: “There hasn’t been a complaint and it could be difficult to find the evidence. A picture of white powder is not enough to convince a court of cocaine use.”

Moss has become a popular figure among young people and MPs insist some penalty should be imposed on her.

Ann Widdecombe, the former Tory Home Office minister, said: “It’s very concerning that the police don’t seem to be taking action. It sends out a message that if you are rich enough, you can do what the devil you like.

“The companies who employ her should consider her position.”

Moss, 31, was just 14 when she was spotted by an agent. She quickly became a top supermodel, appearing in campaigns for Calvin Klein, Versace and Yves Saint Laurent.

She checked into London’s Priory clinic in November 1998, said to be suffering from exhaustion. She told Q magazine she had been made miserable by drugs in the 1990s.

Moss has defended herself against allegations of drug use. This year, she won damages against the Sunday Mirror over false claims that she collapsed in a “cocaine coma” while in Spain for a fashion show.

Companies associated with Moss, including Dior and Chanel, have yet to say whether they will continue to use her.

Moss is also due to be guest editor for a forthcoming edition of French Vogue, which will include a free CD copy of duet she has recorded with Doherty.

19-09-2005
backstage pass

i'm guessing her career will stay strong.
she's kate moss, for god's sake one more incident won't stop everybody from adoring her.

Last edited by Orchide; 19-09-2005 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Please read the posting policy!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
doherty, kate, moss, pete