Petra Nemcova and the Tsunami - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
28-12-2004
tfs star

poor girl

28-12-2004
May
front row

I'm sorry to hear that i hope she'll be fine soon and found her boyfriend really soon as well. Many survivors climbed tree for their lifes, that was sad I'm here in Thailand, things are so sad but everybody's trying to help out. It's such a nice things to do when our human fellows are in troubles.

28-12-2004
I love model_mom!

Someone else said it too, but there is a topic about the tsunami on the Body and Soul thread. My heart goes out to Petra and her family as well as her boyfriend's family. It also goes out to the 40,000+ who also died in this horrible tragedy.

I love model_mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by May
I'm sorry to hear that i hope she'll be fine soon and found her boyfriend really soon as well. Many survivors climbed tree for their lifes, that was sad I'm here in Thailand, things are so sad but everybody's trying to help out. It's such a nice things to do when our human fellows are in troubles.
May - good to hear that you are okay. I am assuming that you were in an elevated area? It would be horrible to witness the turmoil.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by May
May, could you give us some more news on how things are? We are listening to the major news channels but it comes in bits and pieces. Is there any relief effort going on in your area? There is a thread in the body and soul topic where you could post this. Thanks MM

I forgot to mention the title " What does it take to wake some people up?"

Last edited by model_mom; 28-12-2004 at 09:59 AM.
28-12-2004
tfs star

I went to a gym this am and two ladies doing pilates are talking about Petra, I heard from them that Petra might be decapitated due to her injuries, I was horrified to hear that, as if clinging for 8 hours is not enough. Can somebody post for more info?

28-12-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyLee
I went to a gym this am and two ladies doing pilates are talking about Petra, I heard from them that Petra might be decapitated due to her injuries, I was horrified to hear that, as if clinging for 8 hours is not enough. Can somebody post for more info?
Seriously?! That's beyond horrible.

I'll try and keep you guys updated because I'm guessing I'll get news more in depth being in Asia. I'm not sure where we'll hear more about Petra Nemcova though.

28-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
I hope you meant incapacitated and not decapitated.

28-12-2004
rising star

decapitated? surely they won't cut her head off after what she's been through! Perhaps you meant incapacitated?

28-12-2004
I love model_mom!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom
I posted a thread in body and soul about how terrible a disaster this was.
i was looking for this but couldn't find it!
could you please post a link?
thanks!

28-12-2004
Heated

Quote:
that's an awful Joke, considering she lost her bf, and maybe she won't be able to model swimsuits again. She fracturedd her hips, right?
Oh yes, poor girl won't be able to model swimsuits again. I was appalled to see this story as the front page on today's New York Daily News. There is an indigenous population numbering tens of thousands in Thailand, India, and Sri Lanka that have lost their lives, their homes, and their loved ones. Everything. Gone. Forever. I'm sorry but I don't think the biggest sob story in all of this is the poor supermodel who won't be able to model next season. What about the children who lost both parents or the grandmothers that watched as their entire families were quite literally wiped out? They'll be getting the majority of my sympathy, not some stupid model who is alive and well and will return to her $$$$ SoHo apartment next week.

28-12-2004
V.I.P.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ad.php?t=19082

Here it is.... and while I agree in part to the above post, I can't imagine the horror of living through that and lossing someone you love. Do you actually think all the money in the world could make up for that?

28-12-2004
May
front row

I live in Bangkok so it's not affected area and i'm okay. People all over the country help those who've been suffered by donating essential things, money and blood. Actually we kinda need RH- (blood) because there're many western foreigners need blood and it's hard to find that blood group in Asian poeple. All the foreigners who survived have been sent to the safe place in bangkok already, they need the translators of many languages for help the tourists who lost their friends or family. Tomorrow i'm going to the help at the donation booth. Thanks for worried about us

here are some pics if you wanna see (it's thai by the way) http://www.manager.co.th/Local/ViewN...=9470000103633

And here are links of Thai newspapers to read in English (the very up-to-date one is in Thai lang)
http://www.bangkokpost.com/
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/
http://www.asianewsnet.net/
http://etna.mcot.net/

28-12-2004
V.I.P.

Thanks for sharing this with us May. I want you to know that we all care about what is happening in SE Asia and are hoping relief efforts arrive soon to help out. Take care and keep us updated.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
nemcova, petra, tsunami