How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2014
front row

Rip

02-02-2014
trendsetter

He was so talented, a great loss.

02-02-2014
fashion icon

I was so shocked by this! He's so talented! He will be truly misses.

R.I.P

02-02-2014
backstage pass

I was not so shocked about this.
He looked the way that things are not well.
But still sad.
R.I.P

03-02-2014
fashion insider

"Don't let those swill merchants rewrite you".

" Music, you now, true music - not just rock n roll - it chooses you. It lives in your car, or alone listening to your headphones, you know, with the vast scenic bridges and angelic choirs in your brain. It's a place apart from the vast, benign lap of America."

“The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you’re uncool.”

He marched to the beat of his own drum and made movies with heart.
Thank you Philip

V.I.P.

Such sad news. It's a huge loss to cinema. But I feel most sorry for those three little kids he left behind.

V.I.P.

Yes, agree about his children MyNameIs. The youngest was just 4 years old. I rewatched The Savages last night; what a touching performance.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
03-02-2014
backstage pass

I felt shocked when I heard of his death. But despite the circumstances, he has done more in his 46 years than most people will ever do and that makes me feel less sad. He has left this wonderful legacy. Even if he suffered through life, he has suffered enough. Now when I think about actors like River Phoenix or James Dean, I just feel like having a breakdown.

Last edited by TanyaKiller; 03-02-2014 at 03:28 PM.
03-02-2014
V.I.P.

True: I guess some small consolation is that he has left a larger body of work in his wake that others. I think I'll watch Capote tonight.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
04-02-2014
V.I.P.

Interesting piece on how Hoffman discovered acting, really sweet ; I didn't know this story:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/leonardma...-turning-point

20-03-2014
V.I.P.

I just came across this interview inadvertently. I went to put it on his thread in star style and discovered we never had one. Anyhow, lovely man... lovely piece. So honest, sweet and wry:

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hoffman, passed, philip, seymour