How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-01-2013
V.I.P.

the fact that the previous plane crash happened on the same day is so creepy
Posted via Mobile Device

11-02-2013
backstage pass

you guys was the plane or people ever found?? this is so horrible, I remembered it today, how is this possible!

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

Some news...

Quote:
February 13, 2013
Vittorio Missoni's Bag Found on Antillean Island
By Luisa Zargani

MILAN — A Missoni spokeswoman confirmed Wednesday that a bag belonging to Vittorio Missoni was found on the island of Bonaire, in the Netherland Antilles, between Los Roques and the island of Curaçao.

The name of the executive, who was traveling with five others on a small airplane that went missing on Jan. 4 near Venezuela’s Los Roques archipelago, appears on the label of the bag.

“The case [of the missing executive] is not closed and the search continues in Venezuela, Italy, Curaçao and Bonaire,” said the Missoni family in a statement. “We thank the police in Curaçao and Bonaire for their efficiency and everyone locally that is helping us.”

On Jan. 28, another bag that had been stowed on Missoni’s plane was recovered on the island of Curaçao, in the Caribbean Sea, and helped focus the search west of Los Roques.
wwd.com

15-02-2013
V.I.P.

^ This doesn't sound good

16-02-2013
V.I.P.

it is just terrible and so freaky as well

fashion elite

Quote:
Authorities checking if wreck found is Missoni plane: report
Authorities are checking if a wreck found on a beach of the island of Curacao could be that of a plane carrying fashion executive Vittorio Missoni which disappeared last month, Italian news wire Ansa reported on Friday, citing local sources.

Missoni, the eldest son of the founders of the Missoni fashion house, disappeared with his wife and four others when their plane went missing off the coast of Venezuela in early January.

Italian investigators later said the airline that owned the plane was not fully licensed to operate and that the pilot's license had expired more than a month before the flight.
reuters.com

27-06-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Missing Missoni Plane Found

The Missoni company announced on Thursday that the wreckage of the small aircraft carrying Vittorio Missoni had been discovered in the waters north of the resort of Los Roques. The Missoni family and Venezuelan authorities had been searching for the plane since its disappearance shortly after takeoff on Jan. 4.

Wire reports quoted Jorge Galindo, a spokesman for the Venezuelan interior ministry, confirming that the plane had been recovered, and a statement from Missoni noted that the plane was found on the fifth day of its current search mission. The passengers aboard the plane were Mr. Missoni, the top executive of the company; his companion, Maurizia Castiglioni; and Guido Foresti and Elda Scalvenzi; along with a pilot and co-pilot.

“The families thank the Venezuelan government and the Italian government for the effort in having made this search possible,” the Missoni company said. “They are confident that the investigation will follow through to the ascertainment of the causes and the responsibility for the accident.”
nytimes

27-06-2013
tfs star

wow this sounds similar to the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.. hopefully the passengers will be found or bodies located at least to give the family some closure, which i think really would be the best in this case

V.I.P.

so so very sad... my heart goes out to the Missoni family.

trendsetter

Reports Claim Missoni CEO's Remains May Have Been Found!

Quote:
The Italian Ansa news agency reported earlier this morning that the bodies of Vittorio Missoni, his wife Maurizia Castiglioni, and their two friends Guido Foresti and Elda Scalvenzi, had finally been recovered ten months after their plane disappeared near Los Roques.

The remains, which had been discovered in June, were found with their seat belts still fastened inside the plane.

Though this new information was picked up by several different news agencies, the families of the missing individuals issued a statement saying that they have not received any official notice regarding the matter.

They said:

"With regard to the news distributed in the media this morning relating to the possible recovery of bodies off shore at Los Roques, where previously the wreck of the plane YV2615BN-2A which disappeared on January 4th was found, the Missoni, Castiglioni, Foresti and Scalvenzi Families would like to state they have not received any official and detailed communication connected to this."

After nearly a year of waiting, which included the sad passing of the family patriarch, Ottavio Missoni, it would surely bring some peace to the families to receive some definitive news about what happened to their loved ones.
cocoperez.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carrying, missing, missoni, plane, update, venezuela, vittorio