How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2011
rising star

I totally get your point Jomarlushka. Myself I'm struggling with my ****ty reception desk job while I have a master degree in litterature and everyone seems to tell me that I should be happy to have a job at all.
Sure Charlene is the one to blame if she's stuck in a situation that make her unhappy. She's not from a 3rd world country with no perpectives. Even if her background is middle class she won medals as a swimmer. She could have taken the opportunity to get an education after she ended her carreer as an athlete, which she didn't.
My point is that this wedding is so unglamourous and uninteresting since this couple seem weird and Monaco is just a f... rock !

01-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Montès View Post
I totally get your point Jomarlushka. Myself I'm struggling with my ****ty reception desk job while I have a master degree in litterature and everyone seems to tell me that I should be happy to have a job at all.!Sure Charlene is the one to blame if she's stuck in a situation that make her unhappy. She's not from a 3rd world country with no perpectives. Even if her background is middle class she won medals as a swimmer. She could have taken the opportunity to get an education after she ended her carreer as an athlete, which she didn't.
My point is that this wedding is so unglamourous and uninteresting since this couple seem weird and Monaco is just a f... rock !
keep your head up Lola Montès
and you´re right: nobody really cares about that wedding and this rather weird couple , I totally agree!!!

Last edited by jomarlushka; 01-07-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: quote inserted
01-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Montès View Post
At least Monaco have a real royal family, unlike the "Windsor". Seriously, check your history.

Last edited by Ciao!Manhattan; 01-07-2011 at 10:39 AM.
01-07-2011
V.I.P.

The Grimaldi's are probably my favorite royals...they have glamour, beauty, mystery and A LOT of drama. Of course, Grace Kelly gave all that to them, but still...they're a fabulous, motley crew.

01-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
Okay, I just ready the NY Times expose on Charlene and all I have to say is...RUN CHARLENE! RUN!

OMG, I had no idea how she was living...dreadful. It appears she may be trapped to lead a deeply unhappy life like her deceased mother-in-law.
you got that? up till i read that article, with all the stories about her trying to escape i felt bad to an extend for her, but after reading that first page of the article in which it's explained how she waited and despite all the kids he made with different women she continued to hang out in monaco and only after his decision to go along with it she was put in "golden cage", i seriously have little simpathy for her now that she's full on "stuck" with him. don't get me wrong, she has the right to flee her wedding (and if she was indeed caught and actually coerced at the airport it's really ill and wrong from the royals), but i'm not buying she knows how the royal stuff works just for the past year or so.it just appears the things aren't the way she thought they would look and that she's unsure of everything, including herself, but then again, she's been with him for ages now so...

on the other hand, if she was put under control the minute she started mingling with him (if that's the real case which i really doubt to tell you the truth) then i'd feel bad for her.

what is mindboggling for me is the fact that, usually royal peeps keeps their stuff tight and oversecretely, i don't get how this stuff about her running away and all got out....

backstage pass

I'm happy that he finally decided to marry someone, at least he'll have some official successors. I'm not a fan of his wife already(the civil ceremony took place today), I mean she's so different from all those amazing Grimaldi girls. Even if his mom wasn't a princess she looked like she was one. Well, we'll see the results of the wedding in some years. I'm going to watch it as royal weddings are always amazing!

01-07-2011
rising star

The Civil Ceremony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnpvMDivgNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzaVu..._order&list=UL

I don't know how to embed videos

01-07-2011
rising star

01-07-2011
rising star

The newlywed first interview
http://www.euronews.net/2011/07/01/p...-michel-jarre/

01-07-2011
rising star

From Hollywoodlife, gettyimages

Last edited by miche; 01-07-2011 at 09:10 PM.
01-07-2011
rising star

Quote:
Inside the Monaco Royal Wedding: Charlene Wittstock Addresses the Rumors

by Natalie Livingstone

Photo: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images

The atmosphere in Charlene Wittstock’s suite at the Hermitage Hotel in Monte Carlo this afternoon just two hours before her Civil Wedding Ceremony to Prince Albert was more like a sorority slumber party than an official occasion. Surrounded by her coterie of close girl friends, the princess-to-be giggled and sipped Champagne while trusted stylist Stephan Alban teased her hair into her now-trademark deconstructed chignon and make-up maestro Pablo Ardizzone attended to her face.

“I’m feeling good,” Charlene said. “It’s a beautiful day. The whole country is so excited.”

Hanging on a rail behind her was a powder-blue, lace-trimmed corset, chiffon pleated palazzo pants trimmed with lace and a classic powder blue jacket adorned with tiny silver and pearl buttons. “It’s a collaboration between me and Karl Lagerfeld,” Charlene explained. “We wanted something to match the color of my eyes. It is my creation and I’m proud of it. It’s feminine and keeps with tradition yet has a little twist that reflects my personal style. I thought it was a nice change to go for trousers instead of a skirt, especially since I’m an athlete and have always kept my clothes clean and simple.”

Against all odds Charlene exuded a zen-like composure in the wake of a week of torrid accusations surrounding Albert’s private life. “I was a competitive swimmer for 15 years. Every morning I woke up and dived into a freezing cold pool; this challenge is no more daunting,” she said, describing how she transferred her althletic approach to her preparation for the day. Festivities include a post-marriage dinner for 6,000 at the Palace, followed by a private cocktail reception for friends of the couple at the Hermitage, and finally a concert and light show by Jean-Michel Jarre. “I’ve made sure I get enough rest and I focus on my own space and allow myself to zone out. I’ve been doing a lot of visualization techniques to keep level-headed—as if I'm going into a swimming competition.”

Of the week’s turbulent stories, she said, “It is a shame that those rumors came at such a bad time, but I think they were timed to sabotage such a happy occasion. They are categorical lies. I won’t dignify them with any response other than to say that the photographs of me and Albert in love and getting married will speak louder than any vicious gossip and empty rumors.”

Charlene’s maids of honor, Danish designer Isabell Kristensen and Albert’s cousin Donatella Knecht de Massy, have been integral to the smooth-running of the preparations and were by her side this afternoon. “I let my maids of honor choose whatever outfits they wanted,” said Charlene. “Both ladies have been exceptional friends and I had absolutely no doubt they would do me proud.”

Kristensen wore one of her own creations – a heavily boned peach crepe de chine dress with a peach lace overlay, teamed with a bespoke DeDe Valentine hat, while de Massy was swathed in nude-hued Akris, belted at the waist, with a voluminous skirt and a veiled Akris hat. “I’m excited for my cousin that he has found the woman of his dreams,” she said. “They are truly happy and have merely shrugged off all the negative press this week. In fact, we’ve all been laughing about the rumors—they are ridiculous.”

Charlene herself opted to forgo a hat or veil. ‘Everyone else will so why should I?” she said with a laugh.

Camilla Olsson, Albert’s friend of 20 years, was one of the chosen few to sit with Wittstock while she prepared for her big day. “Charlene is so relaxed,” she remarked. “In fact, I popped round this morning and she said I looked tired and offered me a facial or massage. That’s the kind of girl she is. Instead of thinking about herself she thinks of others. She must have been exhausted herself as she was rehearsing the wedding until 2am, but she insisted I drink her coffee while she ordered another one for herself. She is a very grounded girl,” added Olsson. “Of course, she has been upset by the rumors because she is very sensitive but I expected her to be a nervous wreck. In fact, she is totally calm and has just ignored the stupidity.”

Model Karolina Kurkova, who has become a close personal friend to Charlene, was on hand to usher in the party spirit, playing and singing along to her favorite Coldplay tracks. Wearing a Chanel couture dress, Kurkova dug into a basket of bread rolls dipped in olive oil, defying the notion that supermodels are pathologically fearful of carbs. “Everything in moderation,” she said as she inspected Charlene’s hair and make-up with a practiced eye.

Finally, hair perfect and make-up immaculate, it was time to call the two Chanel seamstresses who had flown in from Paris. Charlene slipped into the changing room and emerged a vision in azure lace and chiffon – a color which will now be known as ‘Charlene Blue.’

Ardizzone put one final coat of ‘Charlene’ lipstick, a shade he created in honor of the day, and she made her final journey to the Palace as a commoner to marry her Prince.
http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/art...es-the-rumors/

02-07-2011
tfs star

That is one damn awkward kiss.

02-07-2011
front row

She reminded me of Catherine Parr married with an old Henry the VIII in the serie The Tudors, of course Henry would be the historical one ,not the one portrayed by Jonathan Rhys Meyers

02-07-2011
V.I.P.

When will we see guest images or is there another thread for that?

02-07-2011
rising star

CNN is streaming the religious ceremony live. The guest are arriving
http://edition.cnn.com/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
albert, married, monaco, prince