How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-07-2011
V.I.P.

^ LOL wet noodle.

I gotta check out this video. The pics of their kiss is so bad. No wonder people are talking and pity her.

The Dailymail is saying that she has ''attempted to escape'' 3 times

If true I wonder what dirt they have on her

03-07-2011
V.I.P.

Those do not look like tears of happiness...

But satisfaction brought it back
03-07-2011
rising star

Quote:
Princess Charlene of Monaco 'tried to flee three times'

Princess Charlene of Monaco tried to flee home to South Africa three times before her marriage to Prince Albert II, according to report on Sunday in French newspapers.

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert II during their religious wedding ceremony Photo: REUTERS

By Henry Samuel, Monaco
7:03PM BST 03 Jul 2011
88 Comments

The couple's glittering religious wedding drew crowds of thousands to the Mediterranean principality on Saturday and the guest list included a host of heads of state, European royals and stars of the fashion and sports world.

But sources cited by the French press on Sunday said the former Charlene Wittstock, 33, had even tried to take refuge in her country's embassy in Paris in an attempt to get out of the wedding.

Instead senior Palace officials confiscated her passport and then persuaded her to take part in the weekend's nuptials.

"Several sources have even confirmed that an arrangement was reached between the future bride and groom," said a report in Le Journal du Dimanche (JDD), the French national newspaper, which provided no further details.

It followed confirmation by palace sources that Albert, 53, was due to undergo DNA tests because of claims by at least one unnamed woman that he has fathered another illegitimate child.

Yesterday, the couple hosted a private marriage brunch, and are due to fly to South Africa on honeymoon on Tuesday.
Albert already has a six-year-old son called Alexandre through a former Togolese air hostess called Nicole Coste, and a 19-year-old daughter called Jazmin with Tamara Rotola, an American estate agent.
With the wedding in full swing, a senior palace official confirmed rumours that Prince Albert is likely to undergo the test after claims that he has fathered at least one more child.
The French news agency said anonymous officials spoke of "the truth" of a reported falling out between the couple earlier in the week and of a probable demand that Prince Albert take a paternity test.
In the new claims reported in the JDD, the newspaper quoted Monaco "policy advisors" among those discussing "two illegitimate children – one already born, the other to come" and the Princess trying to "escape three times".
The sources said that when Charlene visited Paris in May to try on her white-silk Armani wedding dress she "took refuge" in the South African embassy.
Later that month she also tried to escape during the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix, they alleged. Then, last week, she allegedly had her passport confiscated en route to Nice airport via the helicopter service which runs between regularly between Monaco and France.
Senior police officials were reported to have confirmed the passport confiscation to Le Figaro newspaper last week.
Even if more illegitimate children come out of the woodwork, none will have a claim to the throne under Monaco law, a source said. "Even if a third or even a fourth child is confirmed Albert will not have an official heir until Princess Charlene bears him one," he added.
French magazine Public has attributed 'two new illegitimate children' to Albert. One is said to be 18 months old and the son of an Italian woman who is preparing to tell all.
Others, including Voici, have suggested that Ms Coste could have had a second Albert baby – an idea which gained credibility on Thursday when the 40-year-old beauty was pictured in Monte Carlo on the eve of Albert and Charlene's marriage.
Despite all the talk of palace intrigue, residents of the low-tax haven are standing by the royal couple.
"When the most famous of bachelors gets married, naturally there are jealousies," real estate tycoon Michel Pastor told the JDD.
Several Monegasque families claim the rumours were spread by a vengeful former mistress of the Prince.
A palace advisor told the paper everything hinged on when any alleged love child was born. "The whole thing rests on finding out whether (any child) is over five, as Charlene and Albert have officially been together for five years," he said.
One well-placed Monaco observer said that in the tiny enclave, "rumour and malice (are) held up as a national sport".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ree-times.html

04-07-2011
Alluring

Uhm, I´m really sorry for Charlene, it surely isn´t easy for her.

I´m a new fan, though, she´s such a beauty and her wedding look was really gorgeous

04-07-2011
front row

wow, the pic of the kiss, that's passion

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

may i just say that, now that we indeed know that there's 3rd kid and that she probably tried to ran away due to hat, i do feel pity for her to an extend...he really does seem like a douche.

fashion elite

If she doesn't love him, I don't know why she married him. It's not like someone pulled a gun to her head and forced her. I don't think she really deserves the pity, she knows what she's getting into and to me it seems more like a business arrangement.

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochi Chernye View Post
If she doesn't love him, I don't know why she married him. It's not like someone pulled a gun to her head and forced her. I don't think she really deserves the pity, she knows what she's getting into and to me it seems more like a business arrangement.
well, if it is to believe the rumors, she tried to leave monaco three times in the last few weeks and they even confiscated her passport, so..

fashion elite

So what? The fact that they confiscated her passport just means she couldn't leave the country. They may have been pressuring her, but unless they threatened her physically or something (which I doubt), she didn't have to marry him. She may have tried to run away, but it was probably too late. Like I said, this seems more like a business arrangement and she probably signed some sort of contract saying she would follow through with the marriage. That's the only logical explanation I can come to at this point. A wedding is supposed to be a joyous occasion for a couple, and their pictures clearly don't show that. There's no love, no passion, nothing.

04-07-2011
In Bloom

^^Is that even legal?

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 04-07-2011 at 02:56 PM.
04-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
So what? The fact that they confiscated her passport just means she couldn't leave the country. They may have been pressuring her, but unless they threatened her physically or something (which I doubt), she didn't have to marry him. She may have tried to run away, but it was probably too late. Like I said, this seems more like a business arrangement and she probably signed some sort of contract saying she would follow through with the marriage. That's the only logical explanation I can come to at this point. A wedding is supposed to be a joyous occasion for a couple, and their pictures clearly don't show that. There's no love, no passion, nothing.
you make a good point, but i see physical restriction even with the confiscation of the passport, but as you said, if it is indeed a contract thing then she really signed the wrong deal...

Last edited by dajrekshn; 04-07-2011 at 02:58 PM.
04-07-2011
trendsetter

I think people are a little bit overdramatic with this stuff and are really causing troubles for nothing at all. Albert has always legally recognized his kids when the mother came to him and told him (he didn't recognize his son and daughter when the media found out). They met 10 years ago, have been (if we believe their friends) dating for 5 years or so. She knows he has kid, everyone does, yes he is the player but I don't see the King of Sweden or Prince Phillip being grilled over that. Who knows if they have illegitimate children? When I saw interviews of both of them, candid pictures of them and so on I don't see her as being forced to stay with him. The Monaco family have always been very "liberal" yet quite tamed compared to the other families (at least they are honest and don't really hide to do their things). I also very much doubt that the Palace would do something like that. Some members here act as if Prince Albert was the devil. She is 35 years old, she can handle herself. And btw she was not a "so so" swimmer, she was a really great one. Plus Prince Albert is not just a "prince" he is also a head of state who needs to think about the economic, social aspect, political and international aspect, he fought a lot to give a different direction to the rocher, he doesn't have the same amount of pressure as the always royal families in Europe.. That being said, no one knows what happens behind closed door but just because she is SA and doesn't have a diploma doesn't mean that she had to marry a prince to "survive" or doesn't have different options to fend for herself..

04-07-2011
front row

Quote:

The business arrangement/contract rumor was started by an unstable woman who has stalked and harassed the princess for years; everyone who is familiar and active on royal message boards knows this.

Last edited by Persephone G.; 04-07-2011 at 03:30 PM.
04-07-2011
fashion elite

^ Well, I'm not familar or active on royal forums at all. Out of all the Royal Houses, the House of Monaco seems the least interesting to me, so even if I did have the time, I probably wouldn't even bother.

The reason why I believe this is all a business arrangement is because they don't seem in love at all. The wedding was so awkward and she looked like she wanted to be anywhere else but there. Plus there were those runaway stories. If they did confiscate her passport, why didn't she just stay strongwilled and cancel off the marriage? She didn't, which leads me to believe she was forced into it somehow. A business arrangement would make sense. Even if she did feel like backing out, if she had signed an arrangement, she couldn't anymore.

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

I'm just really shocked that he didn't get married a lot earlier in his life. As I read earlier on The Daily Beast and agree with: Albert just does not have the Playboy look or attitude -- all this drama just makes him look like a creepy old man. If he had gotten married young to someone he really cared for, and aged into the guy he is now with a loving wife and kids...he would just seem like a jolly, old dad. If all these rumors are true, I think his best bet would've been to pass the title along to Andrea Casriaghi in his death.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
albert, married, monaco, prince