How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2011
front row

According to tv sources this wedding has been made with one and only purpose, to have a descendant. They said in the Tv today that they have signed a prenuptial contract in wich she commits to remain married for at least 5 years and to give him a descendant, very romantic all of this...

Last edited by Birkin; 04-07-2011 at 05:17 PM.

04-07-2011
tfs star

I think it's easy to say she could have just canceled the wedding, but I don't think that was the case. It's not an easy decision for normal people to make, let alone someone who is being watched by millions of people around the world and has put tons of money/time/effort into this wedding. And supposedly she has few friends in Monaco and doesn't even speak French well so who could she have turned to for advice? I'm sure the palace probably pressured her to go through with it as well.

The Grimaldis don't seem to have much luck in romance. Wasn't Grace also really unhappy with her life but couldn't leave because the prenup said Rainier got to keep the kids in the event of a divorce?

05-07-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammarra View Post
I think people are a little bit overdramatic with this stuff and are really causing troubles for nothing at all. Albert has always legally recognized his kids when the mother came to him and told him (he didn't recognize his son and daughter when the media found out). They met 10 years ago, have been (if we believe their friends) dating for 5 years or so. She knows he has kid, everyone does, yes he is the player but I don't see the King of Sweden or Prince Phillip being grilled over that.

You MUST be joking. Half of the Swedish population want him to abdicate, it has been all over the news for months even in Denmark and he has been criticized very harshly.

we were in love

06-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
I think it's easy to say she could have just canceled the wedding, but I don't think that was the case. It's not an easy decision for normal people to make, let alone someone who is being watched by millions of people around the world and has put tons of money/time/effort into this wedding. And supposedly she has few friends in Monaco and doesn't even speak French well so who could she have turned to for advice? I'm sure the palace probably pressured her to go through with it as well.

The Grimaldis don't seem to have much luck in romance. Wasn't Grace also really unhappy with her life but couldn't leave because the prenup said Rainier got to keep the kids in the event of a divorce?

WOW, who even accept to do that kind of prenup?!?!
if i was a mother i would never ever do that.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post

You MUST be joking. Half of the Swedish population want him to abdicate, it has been all over the news for months even in Denmark and he has been criticized very harshly.
Also in Finland. I don`t think there is any fairytale-likeness in royal wedding anyway. Their relationships seems to be messy everywhere, not to even mention they are always affairs of the whole country, not just two people.

But if the latest child of Albert is so small yet, that means he has been unfaithfull to Charlene. That must be devastating

06-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
I thought that was quite a common thing amongst royal families?

06-07-2011
V.I.P.

^
still, i would never ever do that no matter how common it is.

V.I.P.

it's a common thing among royals, Diana and now Kate have signed it too. price to pay i guess to live in such luxurities...sad, but true.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
The reality is that back in the days when Grace got married often the men did keep the kids in the event of a divorce (reference, Mad Men ) So I find it even more understandable, though still tragic, for her. And Grace barely knew Reiner, so I can imagine that she was caught up in her fairytale. Whereas Charlene I believe knows exactly who she is getting in Albert due to his very public reputation and the length of time they've been together... I doubt she has any fairytale illusions

06-07-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
it's a common thing among royals, Diana and now Kate have signed it too. price to pay i guess to live in such luxurities...sad, but true.
Didn't Kate and William refused to get a pre-nup? I remember people saying how stupid they were not to get one in this day in age

ETA: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_856580.html

Last edited by miche; 06-07-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: ETA: no prenup for William and Kate
06-07-2011
V.I.P.

they're quoting daily mail, so i don't think it's the most reliable source (also, i remember a talk about her signing it cus she had to give up on kids due to it and people were actually surprised). i don't think will or kate had much to say about this as it's probably a necessity, since after all they'e producing the actual heir to the throne. i'm thinking it's just windsor policy just like the one many other royal families have. id be surprised if it turns out they didn't sign anything.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 06-07-2011 at 11:17 AM.
06-07-2011
rising star

Is the telegraph more reliable? I think you right, whether or nor they did sign a prenup Kate get move the kids out of the country. Other people can't either unless the get the court to gave them full custody

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...agreement.html

06-07-2011
V.I.P.

in this article they actually claim there wasn't a prenup from the spokesman of the house himself, while in that daily mail one they say an unidentified person confirmed it, so weird. if indeed the spokesman said there's no prenup (which i doubt he'd even comment on since it's a private thing), then there's no prenup, i guess.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post

What I meant is that people are giving on this board and some others a very hard time to Prince Albert while what he did (illegitimate children) is nowhere new in Royal Houses and at least he owned his mistakes unlike King Gustav. Also Prince Albert is doing an incredible job with Monaco. As for prenup I think it's normal that in those cases the royal houses take actions after all, their lives/legacy depend on those children.

06-07-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I thought that was quite a common thing amongst royal families?
Not in recent years in Scandinavia.

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
albert, married, monaco, prince