How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-01-2012
tfs star

Happy 30th Birthday to our Duchess

30-01-2012
windowshopping

I really hope she steps up her game. I know a lot of people who believe that she does not deserve the position she has. Here is a photo from http://fromberkshiretobuckingham.blogspot.com/ that makes me think that she loves him more that he loves her. There are more of them and I just do not see a mutual affection.

31-01-2012
front row

I agree that she is more affectionate with him than he is will her. She seems to be the one always trying to keep the relationship going.

31-01-2012
V.I.P.

I think when you have a union based in large part on duty, then there is a certain amount of pragmatism that is at play. I think there is mutual love, but could he have married someone he was overly passionate about? Probably not. It could've caused problems later down the line--passion is unpredictable. He ended up with someone whom he could trust and was balanced.

31-01-2012
backstage pass

Come on guys, he comes from a royal family. I've never seen royalties (especially british) who whould express their love feelings(except the danish royals).

31-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niusity View Post
Come on guys, he comes from a royal family. I've never seen royalties (especially british) who whould express their love feelings(except the danish royals).
Some men in general (some women too), especially in Europe it seems, don't like to be overly affectionate in public. I don't think it's fair to judge their relationship based on it.

31-01-2012
fashion insider

Quite frankly I have friends who are not into PDA. I guess that means they've been secretly raised by cold, frosty Windsors. Perhaps there's an agency that distributes them around the world, just for this purpose?

31-01-2012
trendsetter

It has been pretty obvious in the past who was more into who. They broke up at least 3 times publicly, she had to ask to work part time or may I say quarter time at Jigsaw because she needed to be available on the drop of a hat. There were also a lot of cheating rumors.. Even a royal correspondent or whatever they are called said that he thought William loved Kate but was not in loved with her. There are a lot of pictures of her kissing him on the check and him not reciprocating at all (some polo matches) or even times when she would come to see him play ( I remember a charity benefit with Chelsy, Zara and the whole windsor younger bunch) where he did not even talk to her.. Then again, no one knows what happen behind close door. Imo she did whatever she could to make that relationship work and get married because she loved him but I don't see this as a bad thing. Too bad she had to sacrifice 10 years of her life for that.

Imo Charles showed more love to both Diana and Camilla than William ever did. Then again Harry was a bit too passionate with Chelsy so..

21-02-2012
V.I.P.

The Royal Puppy has a name!!

Forget Fifi or Fido!
When it came to naming their brand new cocker spaniel puppy, royal newlyweds Prince William and Kate Middleton went a much more sophisticated route.
After Middleton, 30, let the closely guarded secret slip when talking to a group of school children at Rose Hill Primary School Tuesday, a Palace source confirmed to Us Weekly that the couple calls their new addition Lupo, which means 'wolf' in Italian.

Why the moniker? "There is no significance in it apart from they liked the name," a royal aide told the U.K. Daily Mail shortly after Middleton spilled the beans.
Adopting the puppy in January, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge first met the canine over the Christmas holiday in Bucklebury, where Middleton grew up and where her parents Michael and Carole still live.

"He belongs to a litter of cocker spaniels from one of Carole Middleton's friends near home," a Palace aide told Us at the time, adding that the couple took the pup home for a brief fostering period before making the adoption official.

"William and Catherine fell in love with the pup instantly and it wasn't long before they decided to keep him," the source says.

02-03-2012
V.I.P.

Ill-Informed Yank Question: OK- Charles becomes King at some point, and then William becomes Prince of Wales and Catherine Princess? And then if/when William takes over someday, Catherine's title will be what? And if they have male children, they will be called what?

02-03-2012
front row

Kate's titles come from her husband. If William is Duke of Cornwall, Kate is the Duchess of Cornwall. If he is Prince of Wales, she is the Princess of Wales. If he becomes King William, she will be Queen Catherine.

Upon Charles's succession to the throne, William would automatically become Duke of Cornwall (and Kate therefore Duchess). The Cornwall title goes automatically and exclusively to the eldest son of the monarch. William will probably be created Prince of Wales in due course, but that title must be granted (as opposed to being automatic).

Assuming the proposed rules abolishing male-preference primogeniture go through (which they almost certainly will), it will make no difference if Will and Kate's oldest child is a girl or boy.

Children Kate and Will have while Elizabeth is queen and Charles is Prince of Wales: the eldest child will be HRH Prince(ss) X of Cambridge (as heir to the heir of the Prince of Wales); younger children will be Lord/Lady X of Cambridge. Great-grandchildren of the monarch, with the exception of the heir to the son of the Duke of Cornwall, are not granted HRH under the current letters patent. (If male-preference primogeniture is still law while these children are born, and the first child were a girl, she would be Lady X of Cambridge, her first younger brother would be Prince X of Cambridge and any other children would be Lord/Lady X of Cambridge.)

When Charles becomes king and William becomes Duke of Cornwall, all of their children will automatically become HRH Prince(ss) X of Cambridge (or Wales, should William receive that title). Grandchildren of the monarch ARE automatically granted HRH (e.g. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie).

This could all change with the issuance of new letters patent. Also, it is also possible for a HRH to "downgrade to a lower style," as it were. This is what Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and the Countess of Wessex have opted to due for their children, Louise and James (the Earl Severn). As grandchildren of the queen, Louise and James are entitled to be styled as HRH Princess Louise and HRH Prince James of Wessex, but their parents have opted for them to be styled as the children of an earl (which the father is, in addition to being a prince) to reduce the burdens and notoriety that usually accompany being styled as a prince(ss).

Lady Louise and Earl Severn have the option of using to their royal styles should they so wish. A lot of royal watchers think Harry might go this route for his kids, since they will be pretty far from the direct line of succession once there are baby Cambridges.

Long answer and I hope this answers your questions! It is complicated; the rules for different titles are different, and titles for royals can change when there is a new monarch.

Last edited by Sebastiana; 02-03-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typos

02-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ Yes- thank you so much! Now I can see why the framers of our Declaration of Independence wanted a new system!! Will either William or Catherine have numerals- William the 5th or whatever? And will Catherine be expected to only wear British designers when she is Queen?

Last edited by Boomer; 02-03-2012 at 09:24 AM.

02-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ Yes- thank you so much! Now I can see why the framers of our Declaration of Independence wanted a new system!! Will either William or Catherine have numerals- William the 5th or whatever? And will Catherine be expected to only wear British designers when she is Queen?
william can also opt to change his name entirely when he ascends to King. he could re-name himself "george the 7" (after his great grandfather) if he wants (however it is rumoured that charles wants to take the name) queen elizabeth is queen elizabeth II (but people don't always commonly refer to her as QE2)

catherine can wear whatever she wants when she is a queen/princess, i suspect. prince phillip wears whatever he wants.

Last edited by lucy92; 02-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.

02-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ That's good...I have never really understood the mania for 'home grown' designers vis a vis politics; Jackie Kennedy wore Chanel and such when she was First Lady..It would be sort of cool if William decided to be King 'Spike' the First, however...

02-03-2012
front row

Kate will probably continue doing what she does now, favoring British designers but also wearing others (like the Missoni she wore yesterday).

Kate will never have a numeral after her name because she will be queen consort (not queen regnant, like the current queen, who is queen in her own right, not the wife of the king).

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, cambridge, catherine, duchess, news, prince, william