How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-05-2014
fashion elite

Princess Charlene of Monaco Pregnant with First Child
Quote:
The Prince's Palace of Monaco released a statement on Friday afternoon confirming the happy news.

"T.S.H the Prince and the Princess of Monaco are delighted to announce the pregnancy of H.S.H. Princess Charlene," read the announcement. "The birth is expected at the end of the year."

This will be the couple's first child together, and the most recent addition to the Grimaldi family. Prince Albert's niece, Charlotte Casiraghi, welcomed a baby boy in December 2013 with French comedy actor Gad Elmaleh. His nephew Andrea Casiraghi also welcomed a little boy earlier that year.

Almost exactly a year ago, the former Olympic swimmer spoke about her desire to start a family. "Now I'm settled and I think kids will come. I don't put any pressure on myself, she added. "If it happens, it happens."

In April, Charlene granted the publication of an exclusive interview in the privacy of the palace with HELLO! magazine's sister publication, HOLA!, in which she spoke of her husband as her "biggest support".

"My husband is my biggest support, the person that I confide in and who knows me best," she said.She posed for the first time with a very special jewel, the Ocean tiara featuring 850 diamonds and 359 sapphires with different colours all representing the sea foam, given to her by her husband.

In the unique interview, we saw a private and determined side of the blonde beauty. "We must fight for what we believe in, forgive, move forward and not give up," she confessed.

The South African-born royal married Monegasque prince, Albert II, on 1 July 2011.

The extravagant wedding celebrations started with a civil service, as is customary in Monaco, followed by a lavish religious ceremony the next day.
hellomagazine

30-05-2014
fashion insider

Oh congratulations to Charlene! As soon as she gives birth, she can divorce him and live the life she wants to live. She's not looked happy for years.

Last edited by pixiedust1603; 30-05-2014 at 11:06 AM.
30-05-2014
front row

didn't she sign an agreement in which she had to be married to him for at least 3 years and she had to give him a son during that period? so... voilá. She has taken her time though.

Last edited by Birkin; 30-05-2014 at 11:21 AM.
31-05-2014
tfs star

Ohhh. I hope for a little Grace.

02-06-2014
tfs star

Well, there goes my hope for the Casiraghis. I'm sure Andrea is relieved.

08-06-2014
fashion elite

An heir and a spare... in one go: Princess Charlene confirms she is expecting twins
Quote:
Princess Charlene of Monaco and Prince Albert are expecting twins, I can reveal.
The couple, who married in 2011, announced they are expecting their first child last week.
But taking to Twitter, South African TV presenter Derek Watts - a friend of the princess's father Mike Wittstock - revealed: 'My old Bulawayo schoolmate Mike Wittstock has phoned to say his daughter is pregnant with twins. Congrats Princess Charlene and Albert!'
dailymail.co.uk

Last edited by Nymphaea; 08-06-2014 at 09:50 AM.
22-06-2014
Power to the 99%

So, no pressure ... but twins?

Thanks for posting, Nymphaea. Now I want to see that Ocean tiara

01-07-2014
tfs star

Twins? Doesn't seem like they took the most traditional route

01-07-2014
Mr. Zhivago

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
Twins? Doesn't seem like they took the most traditional route
And let's hope not, as one of his hobbies seems to be unprotected sex with women who aren't Charlene!

01-07-2014
tfs star

Well Charlene is not a spring chicken anymore. Chances being pregnant with twins rises when you are at a certain age. It could be also surrogate, nobody knows...

02-07-2014
Power to the 99%

^ If by chances rising you mean the chances of using fertility drugs or IVF, then I agree

02-07-2014
tfs star

I meant IVF of course,sorry.
I think Mary from Denmark was at the same age as Charlene, when she was pregnant with her twins. Same with Claire of Belgia.
http://www.pregnancycorner.com/being...ing-twins.html

Last edited by petit fours; 02-07-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
charlene, child, monaco, pregnant, princess