How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2010
V.I.P.

I don't know him but it's really sad . May he rest in peace.

18-06-2010
V.I.P.

this is so sad. I mean, what's going on? really, every model that's dying is because of suicide.

The industry has a lot to do with why young models kill themselves.

18-06-2010
V.I.P.

Ruslana, Daul Kim, Ambrose Olson, Noemie Lenoir tried to kill herself, now Tom..., McQueen, Isabella Blow.....:S(is that all?) what's happening in the fashion world?
so tragic.

18-06-2010
V.I.P.

This is really sad...RIP. I can't stand that so many models and other people working in the industry are passing away like this...but fashion only has itself and its ridiculously rigid rules to blame.

Last edited by Fiercification; 18-06-2010 at 03:50 PM.
18-06-2010
V.I.P.

Really sad... R.I.P Tom

V.I.P.

Oh this is tragic. I always thought he was so phenomenal on the runway and it's deeply saddening to hear he's passed away. R.I.P Tom.

Stitch:the Hand

wow that's terrible. and btw,we don't know yet if it was suicide or just an accident yet.

but i am with you fiercification,when in the world is this industry and these agencies going to finally wake up and really think about the well being of their models? people often somehow assume that they can program these people like robots and that they lose their humanity but at the end of the day they are in fact real people and this machine that is fashion can take such a huge toll on these people.

18-06-2010
V.I.P.

We don't even a have an official confirmation yet.

18-06-2010
V.I.P.

If this is yet another suicide then this is becoming scary. It really glamorizes the act, which is just bad news...

18-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco vaughn View Post
Ruslana, Daul Kim, Ambrose Olson, Noemie Lenoir tried to kill herself, now Tom..., McQueen, Isabella Blow.....:S(is that all?) what's happening in the fashion world?
so tragic.
also Lina Marulanda and Randy Johnson(overdosed).

There are way more models that have died, and what I'm noticing about their deaths, models have tragic deaths.

18-06-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

RIP I wasn't very familiar with his work but its quite tragic that very young models are dying at such an alarming rate!

18-06-2010
front row

This is absolutely horrible. He was so sweet. RIP Tom.

18-06-2010
███████████████

R.I.P Tom Nicon
French model Tom Nicon found dead in Milan

Photo: tfs

This tragic information was just told to me by a friend of Tom Nicon's here in Milan.

22 year old French model Tom Nicon was found dead in Milan this morning after he fell from his apartment window. According to the friend, "He did the Versace fitting this morning. After that he was supposed to go to his agency but he never arrived. I don't know if it was suicide or if he fell." His agency declined to comment. Nicon was a top show model, and had walked for Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Costume National, Versace, Kenzo, Gareth Pugh and Hugo Boss among others. He is the eighth model to die in the last two years (including Ambrose Olsen and Lina Marulanda this year alone). As a fellow model said this afternoon, "People think we are young and beautiful and rich and happy. But we're not. We go to castings and the directors take one look at us and then we're dismissed. You spend your whole life wondering what's wrong with you. Why didn't I get that job? You're competing with your friends, you're away from your family. The pressure is huge. It's not the fairytale life people would expect." Milan Fashion Week begins tomorrow. A tribute seems likely - several of the designers showing on the first day (including Costume National and Burberry) were regular clients of Nicon's.

My sincere condolences go out to Tom Nicon's family and friends.

18-06-2010
windowshopping

RIP words can not express how devastating this is.

18-06-2010
fashion icon

This is sooo true !!

Quote:
"People think we are young and beautiful and rich and happy. But we're not. We go to castings and the directors take one look at us and then we're dismissed. You spend your whole life wondering what's wrong with you. Why didn't I get that job? You're competing with your friends, you're away from your family. The pressure is huge. It's not the fairytale life people would expect."

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
nicon, rip, tom