How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-05-2007
breakfast time

I could only watch the first 30 seconds of the video. The only thing I can say is, "WHAT THE !"

07-05-2007
Fashionably Late

I am seeing Gwen Stefani in concert on Saturday and he is supposed to open for her. I really hope he gets kicked off the tour because I won't be able to watch him.

07-05-2007
front row

I think it is way out of bounds to be using the word "rape" here IT is in very bad taste and showed a serious lack of judgement but I doubt the girl was in danger Didn't they do something gross like that to Tara Reid too? It's nasty and all but it's awful to start throwing the word rape around

07-05-2007
backstage pass

I am proud of Verizon. Akon is disguisting! He said he and his father both "have as many wives as they can afford". His record company told him to keep that quiet. Now this.

07-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
I think it is way out of bounds to be using the word "rape" here IT is in very bad taste and showed a serious lack of judgement but I doubt the girl was in danger Didn't they do something gross like that to Tara Reid too? It's nasty and all but it's awful to start throwing the word rape around
It's SIMULATED rape.

But satisfaction brought it back
08-05-2007
backstage pass

Ehhh I think they called it simulated "rape" because of the drama factor of her being 15, and also because they think they can get away with it based on the way Akon was kind of throwing/dragging her around stage. Either way this was supposed to be a concert I thought? I would question the musical ability of someone who stoops to using simulated sex as filler for his show.

fashion insider

Akon is vile. All his songs are about degrading women, having sex, how amazing he is. That much arrogance and self loving in a person is never good, when it's a celebrity and combined with money to be honest it's frightening.

08-05-2007
backstage pass

should't jail teach them good? i though once you are in jail, you'd anything not to get back in - simulating rape does take you very close to moving in a cell again..or at least it should

08-05-2007
In Bloom

He should try getting dry-humped himself

we were in love

08-05-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura
Akon is vile. All his songs are about degrading women, having sex, how amazing he is. That much arrogance and self loving in a person is never good, when it's a celebrity and combined with money to be honest it's frightening.
I totally agree.

I was listening to the radio in the car the other day and they cut out "makes my cherry pop" from Christina Aguilera's Candyman, and then played Smack That in it's entirety. There's something seriously wrong with our culture when it's forbidden to make reference to a woman having an orgasm in a happy, joyful poppy song, yet it's perfectly ok to have some weasel loser tell us all about the selfish, demeaning sex he feels he's entitled to.

Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicsassy7
How is likening what Akon did to rape in 'bad taste'? - Telling jokes about how many rapists it takes to change a lighbulb would be in 'bad taste'; whereas hyperbole is common in both the vernacular and literary language, 'The Rape of the Lock', 'I could murder a curry'...

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassAngel
That video is....well...it's sad and disturbing.
I Agree. I never liked Akon, but after seeing this

08-05-2007
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Doll
Wow...He just reeks creepiness. His stupid pointless songs, everything about him.
How true.

08-05-2007
tfs star

There are a lot of people at fault here. The girls parents first and foremost for letting their child go to such a show. Those who were in charge of the event; why is a 15 year old even allowed in the building regarding suggestive material, situations, et cetera?. Also Akon himself, what he was doing though from what I know he's done some form of it at every concert is over-the-top schtick or not.

I also don't believe the story about her being tricked into a 'dance contest' and all hell broke loose. Seems to me after the incident went public with her being underage thats when the whole trickery story came into play.

I definitely don't condone what Akon did as I said regardless but I damn sure don't condone parents who let their kids do whatever the hell they want. The girl should have been her tail at home hitting the books as oppose to trying to shake her tail on stage during a supposed 'dance contest'.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Skye18
There are a lot of people at fault here. The girls parents first and foremost for letting their child go to such a show. Those who were in charge of the event; why is a 15 year old even allowed in the building regarding suggestive material, situations, et cetera?. Also Akon himself, what he was doing though from what I know he's done some form of it at every concert is over-the-top schtick or not.

I also don't believe the story about her being tricked into a 'dance contest' and all hell broke loose. Seems to me after the incident went public with her being underage thats when the whole trickery story came into play.

I definitely don't condone what Akon did as I said regardless but I damn sure don't condone parents who let their kids do whatever the hell they want. The girl should have been her tail at home hitting the books as oppose to trying to shake her tail on stage during a supposed 'dance contest'.
^ I totally agree, i have cousins that are that age and they are so fast, wanting to get into clubs, older guys and God knows what.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
akon, minor, rape, rapper, simulated, stage, trouble