How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-05-2007
Naturellement pulpeuse

Clearly repressive parenting is what women's rights needs. Lock your daughters up to make them feminists... excellent.

08-05-2007
fashion insider

Did you actually watch the video though? She gets up and they're dancing, then he slams her violently into the ground and starts humping her, she is trying to get away and he just keeps pinning her down and humping her. I don't care whether she had clothes on - it was demeaning and a disgusting thing to do. I would have been absolutely humiliated if that were me. It's horrible watching her try to get away and all she can do is scoot along the floor on her back while a madman acts out his sexual fantasies on top of her.

He humped her like my cat humps our stuffed toys. Pathetic.

Sure she shouldn't have been in a club underage but honestly would it make it any better if the girl was 21? No.

08-05-2007
front row

her age shouldnt even be a factor, considering he just violated her! unless she signed up for a lap dance, this is inappropriate. and give me a break, maybe her parents didnt even know where she was, none of you guys ever lied to your parents and snuck to a concert? what a bunch of goody goodys.

backstage pass

^ errr...is there a longer version of this video or something? Because in the version linked in this thread I see Akon picking her up, them simulating sex standing up (with the girl holding on to him) then them simulating sex on the floor (impossible to see what is happening here) then them simulating sex on another part of the floor (with her once again holding on to him.) I don't support Akon AT ALL and I think this whole thing is really stupid, but you are dramatizing it WAY too much. It's impossible to see whether she's trying to get away or not in that video. Anyways, it sure doesn't look like she's trying to get away in this photo:

o1lt.com

trendsetter

ok i just got grossed out after watching the vdo. does he really do that in his concerts? i guess some people just dont mind. the girl does not look 15 to me. dressing in that way and going to clubs dancing on stage .. just slutty. i think the whole thing is just pathetic.

08-05-2007
backstage pass

The fact that this 'performance' had a minor in it is nasty as hell. If it was someone 18+ I would just think it was stupid (and gimmicky) but the girl is 15...

08-05-2007
my loves a pony.

This is disgusting. So are the people defending Akon or blaming the girl/her parents. I love the mentality of "something bad happened! Who can we blame?"

And we liked to party
and we kept it live
and we had a three volume tome of contemporary slang
to keep a handle on all this jive.
08-05-2007
Bel
front row

Oh yay, now more people can denounce the entire genre of hip hop as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_k
OT but the anchor in the youtube video is oddly funny
Agree, worst newscasting ever...

08-05-2007
tfs star

^^^Kisa in that photo it doesn't seem like Miss Dance Contest was upset that the supposed event didn't take place. Again what happened wasn't right by any stretch of the imagination but now I am starting to believe even more so that she wasn't tricked into doing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serena775
^ I totally agree, i have cousins that are that age and they are so fast, wanting to get into clubs, older guys and God knows what.
It's really a damn shame. I just look around at some of the young girls who are trying to be grown before their time and its really sad. Its like slow down & enjoy being a child while you can because it does not last long.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatooey
her age shouldnt even be a factor, considering he just violated her! unless she signed up for a lap dance, this is inappropriate. and give me a break, maybe her parents didnt even know where she was, none of you guys ever lied to your parents and snuck to a concert? what a bunch of goody goodys.

Um ...No! When I was living with my parents I had never sneaked out to a concert or anywhere for that matter. Now I understand that not everyone was raised like me ie ~ with parents who always kept a watchful eye on their kids and knew where they were at all times of the day/night but still...

Your questioning reminds me of some people who say 'Oh like you've never been drunk before or high before' and my answer is No! to that as well- considering I've never had a sip of alcohol or a puff of anything, etc... If that makes me a goody goody or whatever to you or whomever so be it. There are some people who grew up without wanting to rebel or were curious to try/see certain things.

Last edited by Libra Skye18; 08-05-2007 at 11:58 PM.
09-05-2007
trendsetter

i never really liked him, and this just feeds the fire.

09-05-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisa
^ errr...is there a longer version of this video or something? Because in the version linked in this thread I see Akon picking her up, them simulating sex standing up (with the girl holding on to him) then them simulating sex on the floor (impossible to see what is happening here) then them simulating sex on another part of the floor (with her once again holding on to him.) I don't support Akon AT ALL and I think this whole thing is really stupid, but you are dramatizing it WAY too much. It's impossible to see whether she's trying to get away or not in that video. Anyways, it sure doesn't look like she's trying to get away in this photo:

o1lt.com
Are you watching the version on youtube with the female anchor? It quite clearly shows he is pinning her down, how she is trying to move away from him. At first he pushes her into the crowd which is why he simulates sex upright. Then he spins her round and pushes her to the floor in the opposite direction. She uses her feet to try and push herself away and moves away from the crowd to the center of the stage, while his humping gets more and more aggressive.

I'm watching it right now. I'm not dramatising anything

If that's how you hug your friends or something then perhaps it's normal to you

09-05-2007
fashion insider

Ugh I'm reading through the youtube comments and I can't believe so many people are defending this vile talentless sexist scumbag. Why would anyone defend him? The way he treats women is akin to the way Henry the 8th treated his wives, except probably a bit worse. The only thing better is that he doesn't behead them afterwards. We're talking about somebody here who is a convicted criminal, who doesn't know how to read or write properly, somebody who doesn't understand how to compose a song nor write lyrics about anything else other than his penis. Somebody who exploits slave workers in his diamond mine and who routinely simulates sexual acts with women on stage. Why is anybody defending him? I don't understand it. It makes me so incredibly angry.

If people think his behaviour is acceptable then it just proves that the world is horribly, horribly wrong. And I don't even buy the argument "if you don't like it, don't listen to it". His attitude shouldn't be spread nor condoned. I thought we were a progressive society not a backwards one.

Edit: *sigh* I can't even be bothered to get into an argument so I'll just state that...this is all I will say on the matter. But even with 'pictures' showing her 'smiling' what I saw in the video looked like an aggressive act with a naive girl who did not realise what she was getting into. I really dispise this aggressive hip hop/rap culture and how popular it is in society, the women who are enablers for these trashy men and the people who support those without talent.

Sigh.
Sigh sigh sigh.
SIGH.

Last edited by misssakura; 09-05-2007 at 12:49 AM.
09-05-2007
V.I.P.

I can't understand how this is considered 'music' or even 'freedom of speech', unless you support banging people like rugs and want to spread the word.

But satisfaction brought it back
09-05-2007
trendsetter

Whoever said this is being used to denounce hip-hop.. I completely disagree. I love hip-hop and this will not change my mind .. his cds shouldn't even be considered music, it's misogynistic filth.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
akon, minor, rape, rapper, simulated, stage, trouble