Rapper Akon in trouble for simulated rape of a minor on stage - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
10-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatooey
seeing your hotlinked pic, i realized that it was that girl on top, i mistakened her for akon...so i think she knew what she was doing then!
i thought the situation was she snuck out to a concert, and she didn't know what she was getting herself into...i was trying to say that you cant always blame parents for their kid's behavior, obviously, this girl knew what she was getting into, and needs a scapegoat now that she was found out.
my apologies to anyone i offended.
and yes, if you never went behind your parents back, or lied to them even once, and did everything you were told, you might be a goody goody
Yeah, that's what I think. She probably snuck into the concert without permission, entered this "contest" and got way more than she bargained for. Oddly, in all of the pics, her face was hidden. She was turning her head and covering it with her hair.

dlisted

I'm guessing she's didn't want her dad finding out, but still, she seemed to be willing in some capacity. Like many girls today, she thought it would be cute, or fun or it would make her popular. I know girls younger than me in my school who do stuff like that. They sleep with a guy right away and then wonder why he doesn't respect her. It's too easy to blame him. It's a sad sign of our times when girls as young as 14 are willing to put themselves in potentially dangerous situations, but for what? To shake their *** in a video? To get dry humped onstage by someone famous?

fashion insider

When I think back to how I thought at 15...I remember this yearning to wear belly tops.

10-05-2007
backstage pass

eternitygoddess - if your head wanted to explode before, consider that in many places it's still perfectly, legally impossible for a man to ever rape his wife

V.I.P.

^Actually, it's more understandable now I know where the law applies to. I thought it was talking about America.

But satisfaction brought it back
10-05-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Skye18

Um ...No! When I was living with my parents I had never sneaked out to a concert or anywhere for that matter. Now I understand that not everyone was raised like me ie ~ with parents who always kept a watchful eye on their kids and knew where they were at all times of the day/night but still...

Your questioning reminds me of some people who say 'Oh like you've never been drunk before or high before' and my answer is No! to that as well- considering I've never had a sip of alcohol or a puff of anything, etc... If that makes me a goody goody or whatever to you or whomever so be it. There are some people who grew up without wanting to rebel or were curious to try/see certain things.
Thank you! I def. agree with you. It always surprises me when people who behave well get labeled as "goody goody" like it's some obedience thing, not the fact that maybe not everyone considers sneaking out, getting drunk, etc. as a teenager normal or "living life. .
Anyways, I don't think this situation is black and white. On one hand, I'm not surprised that it's a situation like this (the cliche: underage girl, revealing clothes, vile and disgusting piece of scum like Akon involved) that brough about something like that. As a previous poster said, you can't really objectify yourself and then be shocked that you're being treated like just that, an object. That certainly does not mean that that girl deserved being treated like that or that it was right, but it is certainly not shocking. Akon is disgusting and one of the worst part of it all is that this will probably not affect him in any way.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess
^Actually, it's more understandable now I know where the law applies to. I thought it was talking about America.
It was true in all American states as recently as 1976. There was something called the Marital Rape Exemption in the rape laws that made it impossible for a husband to be charged with the rape of his wife no matter what the evidence.

And as of 1996, only 17 states and DC had completely abolished the Marital Rape Exemption.

Here's some recent info, some promising, some very disheartening.

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?d...cumentID=32701

backstage pass

Anastasia - I can' t believe the state of the world we live in...it seems that dogs, plants, birds and any other thing on earth is of much better importance that women!
not only in terms of freedom, but also in terms of respect of the human being, equality, and so forth.
this is all very disgusting and it is more so because the vast majority of people out there(women and men) refuse to face and understand the problem - most of the people IO came across in life truly believed that women had the same opportunities, respect...as men!!!!

12-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
While the dust is settling for Akon after his simulated onstage rape of a 15-year-old Minister's daughter in Trinidad, TMZ has uncovered some racy photos of her -- on the little miss' MySpace page.

Danah Alleyne, or as she call herself on MySpace, "Diva Trixie," claims to be 19 and writes, "I'm a BITCH oh well... ima bitch, ive got class, mess wid me and i'll kick ur ***!!"

A 15-year-old searching for her identity probably shouldn't be looking for it in an 18-and-over club, especially at an Akon concert!Danah has posted a picture from the night of the controversial event, and the caption says, "girls nite out! best time!!" Not quite the way she described the evening to the Trinidad Express.

tmz.com

I seriously can't believe people here were implying that he was some sort of rapist. A classless turd? Yes. A rapist? No. This chick obviously realized that it would be better for her if she cried wolf rather than admitting that indeed, she, the daughter of a preacher, snuck into a concert and acted that way.

Girls like that make me sick. 1 in 3 women are raped or sexually assualted in their lifetime and these idiots make it more difficult for the true victims to report their victimization. And age has nothing to do with it. Obviously a lot of people haven't been in high school recently. I'm only 18 and I know girls that are sometimes 4 years younger than me who sleep around and do all sorts of "favors" for no apparent reason.

trendsetter

But she's a minor, engaging in simulated sex with an adult. I wonder if Trinidad has such a law, where it's illegal for an adult to have sex with a minor?

Last edited by Retro; 12-05-2007 at 05:18 PM.
12-05-2007
V.I.P.

^ Statutory rape to me, especially in this case, is pointless. This girl lies about her age. Anyway, a 15 year old female knows the difference between right and wrong. Especially one who's been raised in the church her entire life! People act like teenage girls are complete and total mormons. Yes, we may often act as such but I've been aware of the difference between acts that are good and ones that are bad since I was a toddler. It doesn't take a judge and jury to admit that you made a stupid mistake. He's gross, but as long as people are willing to subject themselves to humiliation, he can continue to do whatever he does. Many, many females are up for objectification when it comes to celebrities.

And the age of consent in T&T is 16.

Last edited by xmodel citizen; 12-05-2007 at 05:20 PM.
12-05-2007
fashion insider

Of course, one assumes that that is indeed her myspace page.

12-05-2007
V.I.P.

^ It was public until TMZ released the address. And she posted a picture of herself at the concert. Maybe it's someone with her exact name and outfit?

backstage pass

Funny... Page one she's with her father with the conviniently placed cross in the background. I click on the last page and there's that pic of her on TMZ. HAHA! This sounds like a typical case of preacher's daughter turning slutty and lying about her age to have fun - sad thing is, when girls do this men are the ones who get in trouble unintentionally.

The thing that bothered me about a YT news report video was some lady defending Akon, basically saying that hey, this was an 18 an over club, this girl was underage, she knew his songs so therefore she knew what would've happened to her - it smacked of the typical response to "she deserved it because she knew/should've known what was coming to her" when a woman is abused. Though of course, this whole situation is different.

12-05-2007
V.I.P.

HAHA!!!

This is why you don't post xxx pics of yourself on myspace.

OWNED.

But satisfaction brought it back
12-05-2007
Press escape to continue.

...or perhaps, when the public became aware of this crazy incident, someone set up a MySpace site pretending to be Danah Alleyne? It's amazing what can be done with Photoshop these days.

At this point, Akon's publicity people are working overtime to do whatever they can to create contrary opinions. No matter how I slice it, I still think this whole thing is grotesque.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
akon, minor, rape, rapper, simulated, stage, trouble