Rapper Akon in trouble for simulated rape of a minor on stage - Page 9 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2007
backstage pass

^^
Sex have and will always be as primitive as the Neanderthals. There are heck a lot of people who have unpretty sex just like him, it is just that they don't show in public.

& R.V.R

^mhmm. reason why I made that remark, only the caveman from that time would go doing these kind of acts on the street.

Last edited by Alejandro; 15-05-2007 at 03:50 PM.
15-05-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
The youtube members don't sound too sympathetic.

But then, youtube comments make me fear for the intelligence of humanity.

And this is another example why I'm in such disdain of the rap and hip pop community.
i agree with you. youtube commenters frighten me. i've seen some of the comments on videos for the virginia tech shooting and it's appalling the kind of views these people have. they don't think before they talk. or they DO think and don't really have a brain behind those thoughts. it's sad. very sad.

15-05-2007
& R.V.R

^Oh I agree, sometimes I dont even read them because I get furious with the comments people leave...hoping they dont really mean what they say and they're just being jackasses.

trendsetter

i just saw the video. it was extremely disgusting. both are to blame. the girl was dancing on him before he started the "simulated rape" and seemed to enjoy being all over him. his "simulated rape" was disgusting. he took it too far. i don't think even if she had wanted to stop him, she would have been able to. but i agree with an earlier post. what parent would've let their 15 year old child go to a concert to dance on stage with a male rapper who continuously performs songs about smacking a**es and just plain degradation of women. i do believe there are more people to blame than the artist, the girl, and the parents also. the contest should've had an age limit and clear guidelines as to what you were winning and what you would have to do. it was just poorly put together and poorly executed. plus people are acting as if you should expect more of akon. i know i wouldn't.

15-05-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
^Oh I agree, sometimes I dont even read them because I get furious with the comments people leave...hoping they dont really mean what they say and they're just being jackasses.
it's as if the scum of the earth just prey on youtube. one of the comments that made me feel very sad for humanity was one person saying that everyone deserved what the gunmen did and that he should be a national hero.

15-05-2007
V.I.P.

I never liked Akon, his voice is so irritating. I honestly dont care, because at the end his tastless fans still think he's the coolest thing...When he really acted real simple like a frickin barbarian.

15-05-2007
fashion insider

Youtube is probably the most racist place I've ever been to. I didn't even realise that level of racism existed anymore. I've seen words thrown around I've had to erase from my memory permanently.

15-05-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura View Post
Youtube is probably the most racist place I've ever been to. I didn't even realise that level of racism existed anymore. I've seen words thrown around I've had to erase from my memory permanently.
yep. it makes me feel incredibly ignorant. or maybe those types of people have just been hiding in the hills or something.

16-05-2007
101st monkey airborne

^They're just trolls looking to get a rise out of you. Haven't you ever seen the flame warriors?

trendsetter

^^ no, i haven't. i don't understand the page.

17-05-2007
fashion insider

Youtube users can barely spell "there" (variants: their, they're and plain misspelling) and often are 12 year old children being brought up by ignorant Neo-Nazi parents. Flame Warriors are a more intelligent bunch in general.

17-05-2007
101st monkey airborne

Oh, but there's all different types of Flame Warriors.

I just love that site. Every controversial happening brings out them all.

Last edited by mellowdrama; 17-05-2007 at 03:16 PM.
17-05-2007
backstage pass

Cool site. I'm gonna check it out while I'm eating.

sorry for OT

V.I.P.

Flame warriors is a hilarious site.

But satisfaction brought it back
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
akon, minor, rape, rapper, simulated, stage, trouble