How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Rats for Vogue
Woops http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tensifies.html

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

O M G

~ that is really disgusting - it is like working on a MTA rail with Chanel 5 scents ! SICK GROSS AND DISGUSTING, but funny at the same time coz i can imagine the girls and boys at Vogue, W etc. I don't know about sports magazines, though (it is probably because of them. they eat at their desk. disgusting !)

anyway i guess the fact the building is newly invested with people, with offices, desks ... is probably related to the fact rats are still here. it is no more a hole being built.

and NYC is infected with rats, anyway. i've never seen as much rats than in this f city.

(euh. really happy to see model_mom, you, back ... i feel like it's been a long time i haven't seen your name here).

i really like the pictures posted in the linked article.
empty boxes for ALT and the other guy.
mmm.

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 1 Week Ago at 12:54 PM.
1 Week Ago
front row

Even the rats know Vogue US is trash.

V.I.P.

LOL Anna loves the jumping models, so now there's a purpose to those photos after all...

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
O M G

~ that is really disgusting - it is like working on a MTA rail with Chanel 5 scents ! SICK GROSS AND DISGUSTING, but funny at the same time coz i can imagine the girls and boys at Vogue, W etc. I don't know about sports magazines, though (it is probably because of them. they eat at their desk. disgusting !)

anyway i guess the fact the building is newly invested with people, with offices, desks ... is probably related to the fact rats are still here. it is no more a hole being built.

and NYC is infected with rats, anyway. i've never seen as much rats than in this f city.

i really like the pictures posted in the linked article.
empty boxes for ALT and the other guy.
mmm.
But what makes you think it's the Golf guys? It might as well be the Bon Appétit team (they're bombarded with nibbly samples) or fashion people working on deadlines.
Just the thought of people eating, then proceeding to type on their keyboards without washing their hands turns my stomach.

Daily Mail are such stirrers. Notice how they post that misleading pic of Anna's assistants in evening gowns, which gives the impression that they work like that on a general basis.

Alt and Will.i.am's boxes are indeed empty. I've heard this is a gay thing, you know, to be work-shy. But Will.i.am says he's definitely not gay, so I dunno.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

A good Tim Walker editorial could come out of this! :-D P.S. I can see oversized rats attacking doll like models who look
terrified...

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

No, this happened to my building this summer when they were doing work on the elevator. Depending on what floor Vogue is on, and due to the WTC still being worked on, rats will go to the higher floors to get away from the noise and people.

It was such a stressful environment. We would come in every morning and rat poop would be on our desks and keyboards even after cleaning every night. Its now stopped thankfully but we still have an exterminator come every other week to see if they have come back

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
No, this happened to my building this summer when they were doing work on the elevator. Depending on what floor Vogue is on, and due to the WTC still being worked on, rats will go to the higher floors to get away from the noise and people.

It was such a stressful environment. We would come in every morning and rat poop would be on our desks and keyboards even after cleaning every night. Its now stopped thankfully but we still have an exterminator come every other week to see if they have come back
Maybe some small foodstuffs were still left behind? Otherwise they wont return because they'd perish without food. I'm sorry but I'd refuse to work at that desk. Rats are a filthy vermin who should be destroyed at all cost. Poison is too good for them! They're actually a health hazard, you know. So I'm totally with Anna.

6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

I'm getting goosebumps just writing this and thinking about it...ugh, I hate furry little mammals, I don't even find chipmunks cute and possums are the ugliest living things. The time I saw a big rat running along the platform in the subway the only thing I could think of was if that thing hopped on the same train I was on, we'd be stuck with it for the whole ride.

5 Days Ago
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Daily Mail are such stirrers. Notice how they post that misleading pic of Anna's assistants in evening gowns, which gives the impression that they work like that on a general basis.
That photo is actually a joke the Vogue team played on their Instagram, it says in the caption so even though I don't agree with the majority of things that Daily Mail write in this case they are not 'stirrers'.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rats, vogue