How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-10-2006
trendsetter

I think 'cause of media exposure, we feel like knowing those celebs already. Therefore, we have some degree of compassion toward those we admire. I kinda "watched" Reese Witherspoon growing up , seeing her movies from "Man in the Moon" in 1991 to "Walk the Line" in 2005.

31-10-2006
V.I.P.

Well, I am hardly surprised... but surprised at the same time ya know? I did say to someone a while ago 'I bet you Reese and Ryan'... should have actually bet.

I could never stand either of them (I think it was Cruel Intentions wot did it. I always wanted Kathryn to kick their snivelly little...) but my opinions softened with Walk The Line and Crash. Still, I wonder what the reasons are.

31-10-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine888
WHAT.
I always thought they would be the one to last.
Who is next? Mickey and Minnie Mouse? Prince Charming and Cinderella? GEEZ!
Haha they already split...have you seen Into the Woods?

John Cocteau

31-10-2006
backstage pass

That's really sad but then again I can believe it because these days it seems as if celebrity marriages are a joke to people.

31-10-2006
backstage pass

Here are pictures of Reese Witherspoon going out for coffee alone just a couple days before "her people" announced that she was separating from Ryan Phillippe, her husband of 7 years. It looks like we won't be seeing any more pictures of the unhappy couple together any more:

The National Enquirer is all over the cheating claims of Ryan canoodling with another woman behind Reese's back when he was in Austin, TX working on a film: The ENQUIRER has uncovered a shocking scandal behind the breakup and learned exclusively that Reese ended her marriage after she found secret messages that husband Ryan Phillippe sent to another woman on his BlackBerry, say sources. The ENQUIRER has also learned that Ryan became EXTREMELY close to Abbie Cornish, his beautiful Australian co-star on a recently filmed movie with the working title "Stop Loss." In fact, after the last day of filming in Austin, Texas, Ryan and Abbie had a cozy dinner alone at Kenichi, an Asian restaurant. "They came into the restaurant a month ago, both casually dressed in warm-up outfits," an eyewitness told The ENQUIRER. "They asked for the restaurant staff to pull curtains around their table, so no one could see them." Which is what I posted yesterday that Pink reader Lauren saw with her own eyes. The report goes on to say that Reese and Ryan tried marriage counseling but Reese decided to end the whole marriage after she found email proof of Ryan's cheating. I'm still shocked and saddened by this break-up. They made the absolute cutest couple and they had the cutest family. I guess you never really know what's going on behind the scenes.
from pinkisthenewblog

31-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Ryan said he would tell Ava when she's older that she was unplanned
WHY would he tell his kid that?

But satisfaction brought it back

31-10-2006
Deep Red Bells

^ Unplanned isn't unwanted....
I think if it's done right it's not too bad.

31-10-2006
V.I.P.

I think it's so sad . If it's true about Ryan cheating on her my god that is seriously awful . My thoughts are with Reese and their beautiful, beautiful children!!

31-10-2006
front row

I don't buy the he cheats on her rumors, however, I would not necessary condemned him for doing it if he did cheat. She seems so unbearable, and he has not seemed to be happy since they got married... Honestly, he always seemed so depressed and sad out in public. And why is he automatic being blamed for the break up of their marriage?

I do wish the best for their kids... I think this is better for those kids than having them living in disillusionment. Overall, I think their marriage has done more good for her career than his.

31-10-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ How does she seem "so unbearable"? A few people have mentioned that in this thread, and I'm not sure where you draw this conclusion... from HER or her characters?

31-10-2006
Lindvallian

i can't believe .. this is so sad they was a perfect couple!

31-10-2006
tfs star

Well she does seem a tad cold...maybe he still wanted to have fun?

31-10-2006
front row

Most from the interviews she gives and the articles I read about her. I just find her personality comes through as overbearing ... However, just to be clear I am not making comments to attack her. just giving my opinions.... everyone can draw their own conclusions... And it didn't neccessary seems to be fair that people (just in general sense) automatic think it is Ryan's fault for their break up.

31-10-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
^ How does she seem "so unbearable"? A few people have mentioned that in this thread, and I'm not sure where you draw this conclusion... from HER or her characters?
I like Reese and I've always been a fan of her movies and stuff, but I've read some things that say she's hoity-toity ad condescending.

Here's Kevin Smith's take on Reese; I am neutral towards the guy but I still have a hard time believing he made his story up...why would he? He calls her "faux-erudite" and "condescending."
http://www.newsaskew.com/va5/20001201ksmith.shtml

Also, I did read something about Joaquin Phoenix and Reese not getting along when they first started working on "Walk the Line." ...Something along the lines of Joaquin acting like an annoying little brother. I will try to find the link.

To be clear, I still like her and her style and her movies. But other people don't and here's an example.

Last edited by xtine888; 31-10-2006 at 04:31 PM.

31-10-2006
Deep Red Bells

I just heard on TV there was no prenup.

Last edited by brokenenglish; 31-10-2006 at 04:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
news, reese, witherspoon