How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-10-2006
Fashionably Late

When they first got together, he was the more famous one. I always wondered if he had a hard time dealing with the fact that she soon became a huge star and one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood. That could be a lot for men to handle. Not saying that this was the cause of the split, but I do wonder a little bit.

31-10-2006
tfs star

no prenup, yikes
maybe that's why it took her so long to face the music

31-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
^ How does she seem "so unbearable"? A few people have mentioned that in this thread, and I'm not sure where you draw this conclusion... from HER or her characters?
There has been alot of saying that she's a 'cold-fish' and some directors have described her as a 'pain in the ***' to work with.

But satisfaction brought it back

31-10-2006
fashion icon

That's so sad!! everybody split these days! They always seemed so happy and down to earth with their children and all..

31-10-2006
Deep Red Bells

I think Reese must be a perfectionist...doesn't she call her production company Type A b/c of that?...
That type of personality just doesn't mesh well with some people...
you know, maybe the Kevin Smith type.

31-10-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogrl5
When they first got together, he was the more famous one. I always wondered if he had a hard time dealing with the fact that she soon became a huge star and one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood. That could be a lot for men to handle. Not saying that this was the cause of the split, but I do wonder a little bit.

I was thinking the same thing.... Same goes for Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe....

31-10-2006
V.I.P.

Thankfully, they don't seem like the type that will make this a bigger deal than it is...Sure the media is going to be covering it to no end, (remember the Nick and Jessica split) but I doubt they will be hurling insults back and forth and acting like 2 year olds

I wish then both the best. Alot of people seem to think he may have cheated because he was spotted with that girl who is in his movie, but none of us know how long they have been split for. There's a posibilty that they have been seperated for months....

31-10-2006
V.I.P.

Roving eye 'ended Witherspoon's marriage'

By ninemsn staff and wires
Reese Witherspoon's marriage was torn apart by her actor husband's wandering eye, according to Nine Network entertainment reporter Richard Reid.
The final straw was Ryan Phillippe's alleged affair with up-and-coming Australian actress Abbie Cornish, says Reid.

"There's rumours that he's been cheating for quite some time," the US-based showbiz commentator told the Today show. "One of your own may be responsible for the break up of Reese and Ryan's marriage."

Phillippe, who Hollywood insiders say has a reputation for a roving eye, reportedly got cosy with 25-year-old Cornish recently as they shot Stop Loss together in Austin.
Gossip about the alleged affair is rife in American newspapers and magazines says Reid.
Entertainment sites claim Phillippe is open about his apparent involvement with Cornish.
"Ryan did not go out of his way to hide the fact that he was having a fling with his co-star Abbie Cornish," Us Weekly's Katrina Szish told MSNBC. "Besides the fact they were spotted making out in a sushi restaurant together, she was spotted many times leaving his loft apartment."
Commentators say Witherspoon's discovery of pictures of Phillippe and Cornish resulted in Ryan admitting to the affair and the pair deciding to split.
Witherspoon and Phillippe have in the past been open about attending marriage counselling. "I don’t think there should be a social stigma attached to having therapy," said Witherspoon in 2002.
Speculation about the state of Witherspoon's marriage took off last week with reports the pair got into a heated and very public argument at the premier of Phillipe's new film Flags of our Fathers.
Witherspoon has reportedly sought the legal advice of Jennifer Aniston's divorce lawyer.
The couple, who met when Witherspoon was only 21, have two young children, Ava, seven, and three-year-old Deacon.

ninemsn

01-11-2006
trendsetter

oh...I am not shocked but I feel sad for them...oh well things happen for a
reason... sometimes love isn't enough..it's tough to stay together...
It's sad to see people madly in love at one point and then..this..
btw...have anyone notice that Reese has gotten younger looking?..as
in her cruel intention days?...

01-11-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I'm just amazed at reading about all of this Ryan stuff... the cheating, the wandering eye... I had no idea... or maybe I simply don't keep upon celebrity gossip.

01-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
^ How does she seem "so unbearable"?
Well her Oscar speech made me want to scratch my eyes out so I guess that is the definition of unbearable. Also her chin. It is so... perky. Just.gets.me.

01-11-2006
backstage pass

I always thought they would be together forever, I never saw this coming :<

01-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Well her Oscar speech made me want to scratch my eyes out so I guess that is the definition of unbearable. Also her chin. It is so... perky. Just.gets.me.

Im def not a Reese fan. Love Ryan though.

02-11-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
lol....i felt the same way. I think I stopped liking her after that.

dlg

02-11-2006
windowshopping

I saw this on a magazine stand while I was walking in the city. I had to backtrack to that stand to doublecheck what I saw was correct and when I saw that it was true I was devastated. Funny how I don't even know these two personally but the news in a way dragged me down for the rest of the day.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
news, reese, witherspoon