How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyslittlegrl8
lol....i felt the same way. I think I stopped liking her after that.

dlg
I didn't watch it because I knew it would make me dislike her, and I didn't want that to happen

I don't mind her as "America's Sweetheart", even though that title made me vomit whenever it was applied to Julia Roberts. Though maybe it's Julia I can't stand.

Reese does seem a bit of an uptight, reserved, perfectionist, but that's what I like about her. Her prim and proper aura is a refreshing contrast to the interchangeable drunken tarts we usually see.

02-11-2006
Deep Red Bells

^ That's what I like about her as well...she got famous for her talent which is rare now a days.

02-11-2006
Iowa Girl at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia

Reese does seem a bit of an uptight, reserved, perfectionist, but that's what I like about her. Her prim and proper aura is a refreshing contrast to the interchangeable drunken tarts we usually see.
Exactly. I've always liked her for this reason. She is somebody that takes her job seriously... and has throughout her career... and I can't criticize her for that.

It's funny that it's reported that some actors have bad things to say about her... when she has gotten raves from the likes of Luke Wilson, Matthew Broderick, directors, etc. for being very charming, yet professional, on-set.

02-11-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray
"Ryan did not go out of his way to hide the fact that he was having a fling with his co-star Abbie Cornish," Us Weekly's Katrina Szish told MSNBC. "Besides the fact they were spotted making out in a sushi restaurant together, she was spotted many times leaving his loft apartment."
I wonder what his marriage was like before he even began this affair.

But still, did he even bother to think about his children?

He threw his marriage away, all for a piece of ...

02-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia
I didn't watch it because I knew it would make me dislike her, and I didn't want that to happen

I don't mind her as "America's Sweetheart", even though that title made me vomit whenever it was applied to Julia Roberts. Though maybe it's Julia I can't stand.

Julia makes me want to heave too. Can't watch a single one of her films. Same with Meg Ryan. I think Sandra Bullock is the only likeable 'sweetheart' around.

As for Reese in comparison to the 'drunken tarts' brigade, I think they are both extremes. I like neither Lohan et al or Reece and the other uptight, I'm so academic (a la Natalie Portman) startlets around either. I wish they would all be a bit more normal like Keira Knightley

Last edited by SiennaInLondon; 02-11-2006 at 09:54 AM.

02-11-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
It's funny that it's reported that some actors have bad things to say about her... when she has gotten raves from the likes of Luke Wilson, Matthew Broderick, directors, etc. for being very charming, yet professional, on-set.
Those kind of comments are not reliable at all.
Any actors will rave about his/her co-stars during the promotion of their upcoming movie, even if they can't stand each other.
Quote:
she got famous for her talent
Reese's talent is very questionable imo. And don't tell me she won an Oscar so she must be talented. This is not an indication of anything. For example, Jamie Foxx got one too and he's terrible.
She does have more class than the tabloid brigade, yes, but you can be dedicated, elegant, refined and interesting without being an uptight bore. Hint: Cate Blanchett.

02-11-2006
V.I.P.

Im gonna seduce him!

02-11-2006
V.I.P.

Reese is all business on the set. And always the perfectionist which can be noted as "hard to work with", "a bitch" yada yada yada....

Ryan is your typical guy with a wandering eye. Now he's gonna get rich from the wife you call bitch. So who got his cake and eat it too? huh?

02-11-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

Only film I've ever seen her in was Legally Blonde so I can't really say
much about her as an actress.......

03-11-2006
tfs star

Someone in another thread mentioned something very true- when one spouse is constantly having to justify the other's career and how they are equal, the marriage rarely lasts. Reese/Ryan, Kate Hudson and her husband... it's so true! But I wish it wasn't, because then it means Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale will break up

03-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Julia makes me want to heave too. Can't watch a single one of her films. Same with Meg Ryan. I think Sandra Bullock is the only likeable 'sweetheart' around.

As for Reese in comparison to the 'drunken tarts' brigade, I think they are both extremes. I like neither Lohan et al or Reece and the other uptight, I'm so academic (a la Natalie Portman) startlets around either. I wish they would all be a bit more normal like Keira Knightley
I like both Lohan and Reese But Lindsay is the only one of that type that I do, and I'm not quite sure why. She's a total guilty pleasure.

Natalie Portman is so awful. I'd rather watch Tara Reid slurring about how, like, oh my god, did you know doctors have to be certified to perform surgery? than listen to Natalie's pretentious droning on and on about how erudite and worldy she is. Mischa Barton's even worse, because she's rude, too.

I do like Kiera's attitude. Kate Bosworth seems charming enough, although she's a bit of a non-entity nowadays, with the no eating, no energy, and thus no presence. I really like Rachel Bilson's apparent personality. And while I dislike her as an actress, and don't think she's a beauty, Jennifer Garner strikes me as an absolute doll in interviews. So genuine and funny and kind and smart - I think she's the only Hollywood actress I'd want to know personally.

Your Meg Ryan hate warms my cold heart. There isn't enough of it in the world - my mom thinks she's darling and so I've been forced to watch most of her movies. Sandra Bullock is hit or miss with me, but she seems like a "real" person, with a brain and a spine, and I respect her for her lack of lookatme! lookatme!

03-11-2006
Fashionably Late

^ Awesome post!

03-11-2006
V.I.P.

i liked her from the 1st time i saw her... she was like 15... it is crazy and sort of stupid film,with b.shields... highway sth... than i liked her in ....being ernst,legally blonde,fear and well, i don;t know the original titles, her oscar movie about jonnie cash... she is not meryl strip,but she is a good actress...
and ofcpurse,the cruel intention and the opening 'every me,every you'...

03-11-2006
Iowa Girl at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckashie
Reese/Ryan, Kate Hudson and her husband... it's so true! But I wish it wasn't, because then it means Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale will break up
But I do think Bush had their run... they were big in the mid-90's... I don't think it's completely lobsided there.

And Anastasia, I, too, enjoyed your post.

03-11-2006
V.I.P.

in a way I am surprised (just cause I love Reese) but in another way I always thought it was strange how Reese talked about them going to therapy before in interviews, etc... They always look too young to have 2 kids to me

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
news, reese, witherspoon