How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennika
I think they both looked fine in it... But I'd take their male accessories (Ryan or Jake) over that dress any day
Agreed.... well, mostly Jake.

18-01-2006
tailored

reese (and her people) probably had an inkling she was going to win, and wanted something special (like julia roberts' and cate blanchett's valentino's for the oscars)...they knew she was going to be photographed (a lot), so it's understandable that she was a miffed at finding out it was worn a few years ago...

i do agree with meg though, her stylist (or even her PR people) should have known it was worn by dunst...i would be more upset at them, not chanel...

18-01-2006
V.I.P.

Well if her publicist hasn't been making a big fuss out of it... ...who would have noticed anyway?

18-01-2006
fashion elite

It's wouldn't be a big deal, except for the fact that she wanted vintage, and she thought that's what she was getting. You're SUPPOSED to get what you pay for. (or in this case borrowed).

Dod she ever say on the red carpet that she was wearing vintage Chanel?

Last edited by DreamsAreMade; 18-01-2006 at 05:46 PM.

18-01-2006
V.I.P.

I hate how people who are supposedly in fashion don't know anything about fashion.

I caught the Kirsten thing within a few minutes. Plus the fact that you say it's vintage, and it ISN'T?!

I don't care about the mainstream public, this is fashion, and if people give the PRETENSE of caring about fashion, then they should know something about it.

I would NOT want to repeat a dress of someone else at the Globes a few years ago.

I don't understand how people can say Kirsten didn't look good in the dress (but of course, Reese did??)

18-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
Well if her publicist hasn't been making a big fuss out of it... ...who would have noticed anyway?
Many people on this board, and members of the media, noticed very quickly.

18-01-2006
holy####ery

J. Lo and Renee Zellweger never dressed in Chanel again? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me...

18-01-2006
backstage pass

To be honest, while it is the same dress... it didn't look exactly the same because both actresses are different. Why does her stylist make a deal out of it? it only magnifies the fact they both wore it!
Many actresses wear the same dresses to different events - and there is never such a huge deal...
Don't worry Reese, you still have the Oscars!

19-01-2006
tfs star

It does kind of suck that Dunst wore it to the 2003 Golden Globes....

19-01-2006
V.I.P.

wow! what a big deal ..it was an uggo anyway

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

19-01-2006
backstage pass

It was Reese's publicist who made the official statement that she was duped by Chanel, not Reese's stylist. Hard to believe but maybe Reese didnt use a stylist this time and that's why they were duped. I still think its 50% Reese's fault for not having something made to order (especially when there was a good chance she was going to be a winner at the GGs) and insisting on the Chanle dress in the first place (according to Chanel)

19-01-2006
trendsetter

even style.com calls the dress "vintage"

http://www.style.com/peopleparties/p...ata/011606.xml

19-01-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

well if she had to pay for the dress like everyone else this proberly would not have happened....

19-01-2006
backstage pass

so if it is couture doesnt that mean there was one made? So they wore the exact same dress?

I dont get all the hype. KD wore it to an after party, RW wore in on the carpet, they both looked good who cares? I personally like the idea of seeing a dress more than once. Now if they both wore it to the same ceremony, then let the heads roll.

19-01-2006
tfs star

if there was a stylist involved then that is the head that should roll

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
news, reese, witherspoon