How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-11-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia
I like both Lohan and Reese But Lindsay is the only one of that type that I do, and I'm not quite sure why. She's a total guilty pleasure.
LOL, I love Lohan as well...guilty pleasure for me as well. I adore that girl and even though she is a total train wreck in progress, I can't stop watching what she does and rooting for her.

Actually, I should have quoted your entire post. I like and dislike the same actresses as you do... although I am ambivalent toward Kate Bosworth (although she IS growing on me) and Rachel Bilson (I don't watch the OC too much, so I don't have a feel for her). Sandy Bullock is ace to me, all the time. She's enormously likable.

Keira Knightley is like the ideal starlet. She handles her fame and everything so well. She knows when to let loose (I love those pics of her dancing drunkenly with her P&P director!) and when to be professional. She's not uptight, she's not completely loose. She's perfectly normal, and I love that about her.

Oh, anyway, back to Reese and Ryan. Someone posted on imdb that in the past ten years, six of the best actress winners are no longer with the significant others they thanked (or were with) on Oscar night: Reese Witherspoon (Ryan Philippe), Halle Berry (Eric Benet), Julia Roberts (Benjamin Bratt), Hilary Swank (Chad Lowe), Gwyneth Paltrow (Ben Affleck), and Helen Hunt (Hank Azaria).

It's a curse.
FYI - the others were Nicole Kidman (fresh off her divorce from Tom Cruise), Frances McDormand (married to Joel Coen), Charlize Theron (still with Stuart! they're so cute), and Susan Sarandon (married the director of the film she won for, Tim Robbins).

03-11-2006

^Yep! Very interesting...Charlize ahd Stuart were rumored to be on the rocks for quite a while after she won, but they're still together!

And Susan and Tim aren't married, actually (It's part of why their relationship lasts, supposedly?) They're "lifelong partners," kind of like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell...

03-11-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Akiyama
^Yep! Very interesting...Charlize ahd Stuart were rumored to be on the rocks for quite a while after she won, but they're still together!

And Susan and Tim aren't married, actually (It's part of why their relationship lasts, supposedly?) They're "lifelong partners," kind of like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell...
^ You're right! That's my bad. There are a lot of "lifelong partners" that are still together....hmmm, maybe that's the way to go. Johnny Depp isn't married to Vanessa Paradis either, I think.

And I loooove Charlize and Stuart. They're adorable together. I was worried about them initially since she's obviously more successful, but he always seems really happy for her. Good for them.

Last edited by xtine888; 03-11-2006 at 10:16 PM.

05-11-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I was thinking about this today... that many of the divorces/break ups of couples in Hollywood were "initiated" because of cheating - or presumably cheating - or wandering-eyed husbands. Brad Pitt (this is arguable, I suppose), Ryan Phillipe, Ben Affleck (also arguable), Ethan Hawke, Jude Law, etc.

12-11-2006
V.I.P.

sammie's blog
from this weeks tabloid national enquirer

12-11-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I don't read the National Enquirer. How often is it that it is right? I've never believed anything in there, but is there truth to their stuff?

12-11-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess
There has been alot of saying that she's a 'cold-fish' and some directors have described her as a 'pain in the ***' to work with.
According to my morals this is no excuse to cheat on your spouse. Get a divorce first, then go crazy with however many women you want to pursue. He has 2 children for crying out loud. It's shameful, selfish, childish behaviour. No matter how I may personally feel about Reese -- don't love her, don't hate her -- I feel awful for her. She's strong as hell I think.

12-11-2006
V.I.P.

ryan's too good for reese anyways
never liked her. i saw legally blonde, and then i saw her on this awards show. she went up there and was like "like, shut up, oh my God..." and then at the academy awards, i wanted to shave off her eyebrow b/c she kept on twitching it!!!
not the biggest fan of ryan, i don't like his voice, but as long as he keeps his mouth shut he's pretty to look at

12-11-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I agree that that is no excuse to cheat...

12-11-2006
V.I.P.

^ did he cheat? wow, i must be really behind. i saw the national enquirer but they print stuff straight from the bull's ***. in that case, shame on ryan

12-11-2006
fashion insider

I agree that there's no excuse to cheat but I also think that there can be issues or circumstances that could drive someone to cheat, besides just the usual roaming eye.

Obviously if you treat your husband like crap then you shouldn't expect to hold onto him for too long. Not saying that Reese did that, of course. And I'm not justifying cheating either. Just an example.

12-11-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I agree.

Oh goodness, who knows what went on... we may never know... and who can fully trust the Enquirer? I've never read that, nor Star... a bunch of fluff and crap in there, if you ask me.

14-11-2006
V.I.P.

Ryan Philippe seems like such a little boy that the idea of him cheating or even having sex seems weird. I think it may be that I can't help but think of all blond men as little children. Leonardo Dicaprio excepted.

14-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
According to my morals this is no excuse to cheat on your spouse. Get a divorce first, then go crazy with however many women you want to pursue. He has 2 children for crying out loud. It's shameful, selfish, childish behaviour. No matter how I may personally feel about Reese -- don't love her, don't hate her -- I feel awful for her. She's strong as hell I think.
What do you mean it's no excuse to cheat? Maybe he's fed up with it and can't stand it any longer. All we're seeing is Reese's side of the story. Maybe she's made his life hell as well. Imagine having to live with a cold-fish spouse. More than one person in that situation would be tempted to cheat.

But satisfaction brought it back

14-11-2006
fashion icon

^ Yeah I think everyone is busy blasthing Ryan when in fact no one has a clue what happened. Everyone feels sorry for Reese because she's the more popular. I don't condone cheating either, but maybe Reese is an insufferable bitch and at that point in time divorce wasn't an option. It's not always clean cut

dlg

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
news, reese, witherspoon