How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-01-2006
V.I.P.

What's wrong with having a beautiful dress worn twice?

Couture dresses take such a long and painstaking process to make and these dresses should get as much limelight as possible, not just worn once and disappear.

19-01-2006
fashion insider

I'm sure Reese will get over it...wow, if that's the biggest problem an A-List celeb has, I'm seriousy in the wrong profession.

Besides it was a sinful dress. Her breasts disappeared.

19-01-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolie coco

I don't understand how people can say Kirsten didn't look good in the dress (but of course, Reese did??)

seriously. just AMEN.

19-01-2006
front row

what is the exact definition of vintage?

19-01-2006
I am half-sick of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer716
what is the exact definition of vintage?
My understanding was that vintage is anything older than 25 years, antique is anything over 100 years. Though the definition of "vintage" has been seriously stretched in recent years...

19-01-2006
cmw
windowshopping

It's an ugly dress but it looks better on Dunst. It doesn't sit quite right on Reese.

It's unfortunate that they also chose the same hairstyle and similar shoes.

19-01-2006
windowshopping

That dress doesn't look all that great to begin with...
I don't really like it on either of them.

19-01-2006
V.I.P.

^neither, the dress is quite ugly to begin with and neither of them look amazing in it.....

19-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsAreMade
Dod she ever say on the red carpet that she was wearing vintage Chanel?
I recall her saying that and I was thinking "Ive seen that dress before"

Either way, that dress is absolutely hideous. And I do think it is the same dress because if it were couture they would have fixed the bust so Reese's boobs didn't look nonexistant. Reese should have worn one of the cocktail outline dresses from the S/S 06 collection, fashion forward but still lovely.

20-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolie coco
I hate how people who are supposedly in fashion don't know anything about fashion.

I caught the Kirsten thing within a few minutes. Plus the fact that you say it's vintage, and it ISN'T?!

I don't care about the mainstream public, this is fashion, and if people give the PRETENSE of caring about fashion, then they should know something about it.

I would NOT want to repeat a dress of someone else at the Globes a few years ago.

I don't understand how people can say Kirsten didn't look good in the dress (but of course, Reese did??)
I completely agree with every statement you made.

I do understand how trivial it may sound to the mainstream public but just considering how decieved she was I myself would've been devastated. She was told it was vintage, and her being the first one to wear it should have been implied. I would be pissed off at Chanel or whoever made the mistake- this is one of her big moments, a lot of attention is centered around her at this time. So considering that, this is probably a pretty good situation. She is getting a lot of publicity for this and like the saying goes: "any publicity is good publicity."

BTW: I don't think much of the dress but I definitely thought Reese looked beautiful and just plain cute in that dress. Certainly better than Kristen (and I like them both).

20-01-2006
V.I.P.

Exactly, being LIED to is the issue. Being DUPED is the issue. Some people think it is a big deal to be lied to or deceived. If you're all fine with that, then brilliant!

Also, how each of us personally thinks the dress looks isn't really relevant to the main issue at hand. OBVIOUSLY both Kirsten and Reese thought the dress was absolutely gorgeous or else they wouldn't have worn it to the 2nd most important celebrity fashion event of the year.

Now if you were in Reese's position, would you be upset? gee Um Let me think...

However, if I'm going to be superficial about it, I thought Kirsten looked adorable when she wore the dress ORIGINALLY.. Seeing it on Reese just made me confused, like why would she wear a repeated outfit?

Now obviously, if so many of you have seen the dress the first time on Reese, you might think "Oh, this looks great!" But to someone who follows fashion and/or Kirsten Dunst so carefully, it looks redundant/silly to us.

Last edited by oolie coco; 20-01-2006 at 06:44 AM.

20-01-2006
V.I.P.

well, so why didn't her publicist know what season the chanel was from? she should pay more attention to the collections, i knew it......

20-01-2006
front row

^ I think that would be more the stylist's job...apparently Reese doesn't have one then.

20-01-2006
V.I.P.

I thought the dress looked amazing on Kirsten and just seemed to suit her personality. I thought it looked kinda odd on Reese.

But really, I don't see the big deal in a dress being worn twice.

20-01-2006
rising star

If i was Reese i would be a little upset, but i think she looked great!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
news, reese, witherspoon