How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2007
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Revealed: Posh's secret surgery
Her addiction to vertiginous stilettos is legendary but super-chic Victoria Beckham may soon find herself wearing something a little less flattering on her feet – hospital bandages.

The singer-turned-designer has told friends that her bunions are now so bad she is seriously considering having an operation to remove them.
The scale of Victoria's painful bunion problem was laid bare recently when she was snapped in a pair of spiked Mulberry sandals. Now a friend of the former Spice Girl tells me: 'Victoria has had enough of having bad feet and has made some early-stage enquiries about having her rather unpleasant bunions removed.
'They are causing her a considerable amount of pain, so much so that she thinks the only thing to do is to have surgery. She knows the operation is unpleasant and she will be out of action for a while, but she thinks it may be worth it.
'It is something she will probably have done in the States when the family is fully settled in LA.'
When I bumped into 33-year-old Victoria recently, she candidly confessed her feet were giving her a headache. 'I always wear stilettos but they have given me awful feet,' she said. 'I hate my feet, they are the most disgusting thing about me. Part of the reason I wear such amazing shoes is to take the eye away from my horrid feet and on to the stunning shoes.'

Bunions – a deformity of the big toe joint which grows at an angle to the foot – are the bane of style-conscious women the world over. They can become painful and problematic if they are not treated.
A spokesman for the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists gave an idea of what Posh is in for. He said: 'The operation takes about an hour and is usually performed under a local anaesthetic. It is important to rest for three days afterwards and stitches are usually removed after two weeks.'
Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...3&in_a_source=

24-06-2007
trendsetter

The sheer velocity of her vanity is astounding.

24-06-2007
Press escape to continue.

One word comes to mind: stupid!

backstage pass

if it's painful, i can see why she would want surgery. Though in her case, if bunions were considered attractive, i'm sure she would endure it 10 times over

V.I.P.

thanks for sharing, but its old news.. maybe its just out on the open... but her feet were always the center of attention to me.. unfortunately because they are quite hideous and nauseating (sorry but true)so i know the operation is painful but a bunion is worse.. once thats done all she needs to do to make those feet look nice again is take the fake toenails off

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
24-06-2007
God Save McQueen

I understand her getting surgery. Bunions are supposed to be painful and they obviously were hurting her. She has the resources, why not get the surgery.

What I don't understand is why she continues to wear heels despite this. I mean, there are some gorgeous flats out there that people can look at Posh

24-06-2007
tfs star

The dailymail is ridiculous.

Only they would see it fit to write an article about Victoria Beckham's bunions..

25-06-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
I understand her getting surgery. Bunions are supposed to be painful and they obviously were hurting her. She has the resources, why not get the surgery.

What I don't understand is why she continues to wear heels despite this. I mean, there are some gorgeous flats out there that people can look at Posh
shes short so she wears high heels... and we all know shes a fashion victim....

anyway @ commets STUPID and such, wtf woman is in pain many women have the same problem, and still wouldnt give up on high heels...

25-06-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Looking good hurts sometimes.

mmmmmm...fashion....

(personally i would of started with rhinoplasty...) - anyway this makes the news why??

25-06-2007
V.I.P.

travis, i am sure rhinoplasty is next
but yeah it does make the news. i know a few editors in london have a personal dislike for her and the feet are one of the negatives about posh that everyone HAS to look at when there is a pic of her.. so talking about it is inevitable

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
25-06-2007
backstage pass

ewwww ! gross

actually the most horrible thing about her arent her bunions but her fake cantaloop breasts..they creep the hell out of me

25-06-2007
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8 View Post
(personally i would of started with rhinoplasty...) - anyway this makes the news why??

I am confused too. This makes about as much sense as reporting if she had a hangnail, athlete's foot, or an ingrown hair. The media is nuts!

26-06-2007
trendsetter

With her mentality, forget rhinoplasty (theres nothing left to do there anyway)--its leg extension surgery!

26-06-2007
fashion insider

More information than I wanted...

But I bet the woman who voluntaryly underwent several boob jobs and c-sections will have no problem with such a small surgery!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
posh, revealed, secret, surgery