How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2011
front row

She was an incredibly talented and lost woman. Today i lay in the bath and listened to her album Back to Black from start to finish. She was amazing but im comforted by the idea that she can finally rest in peace.

24-07-2011
tfs star

Why are people comparing two entirely unrelated events together? The only similarity is the result in death. It's like comparing apples to oranges, only similarity is they're fruits?

Mulletproof said it all. Addiction is a disease, unless you've gone experienced it through loved ones or yourself, you will never understand the severity of it and that it is not as black and white as you may think.

How can you relate a death caused by a disease to death caused by an attack? You can't. So don't.

24-07-2011
front row

^Amen to that.

rising star

Amy, rest in peace.

24-07-2011
Alluring

I still can't believe it's over. Her song meant so much to me, she was always with me in my bad moments. I'm keep listening to her songs now and I really feel like crying.

I hope she's finally in peace now.

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Janis Winehouse told The Daily Mirror today she believed Amy's death was "only a matter of time" -- this after seeing her just the day before. She told the paper, "She seemed out of it. But her passing so suddenly still hasnít hit me."

She said Amy told her she loved her as they parted company on Friday, saying, "They are the words I will always treasure ... I'm glad I saw her when I did."

tmz.com

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
Why are people comparing two entirely unrelated events together? The only similarity is the result in death. It's like comparing apples to oranges, only similarity is they're fruits?

Mulletproof said it all. Addiction is a disease, unless you've gone experienced it through loved ones or yourself, you will never understand the severity of it and that it is not as black and white as you may think.

How can you relate a death caused by a disease to death caused by an attack? You can't. So don't.

^THIS thank you! it is beyond me why you'd want to compare those events. just because they happened on the same day? is there an ongoing competition for most tragic events/deaths? ugh.
(I wasn't even a fan of Amy's, I just find it ridiculous to compare these events)

24-07-2011
fashion elite

You're not even able to express any feelings towards Amy on Twitter/Facebook without someone saying that you're not allowed to feel something because of Norway. It's sad.

I agree that the events are sooooo unrelated.

Last edited by mint condish; 24-07-2011 at 03:49 PM.
24-07-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammarra View Post
I am going to sound insensitive but for someone who "Rehab" she had it coming. I have a hard time feeling sad for people who die because of their own wrong decisions and choices. I am more sad for the folk in Norway, they deserve more headlines than her. Plus I didn't follow the whole story but her addiction was really well known and everyone wanted to help. Perfect example of how no one can help you but yourself. Where is the love of her life btw? Still in jail?

Thoughts to her friends and family tho.
There is that famous quote where they say you should never judge a person till you walk in their shoes. I cant really judge her coz i dont know what made her an addict and why she failed to over come it. Most addicts do actually try to kick the habit but their demons control them very strongly.

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

i just think it's weird that when celebs/models pass away, people jump on the bandwagon and claim they were huge fans or they meant so much to them..
but yet, they never visited their threads here to show love while alive...

gtfo

24-07-2011
tfs star

I'm a huge fan of Amy and I never showed any love in her thread, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan or simply just someone that jumped on the bandwagon. No one should ever have to profess their love publicly to prove their appreciation and love for someone.

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

^Or maybe the threads here are focused on style, and I think most of us though fans of her music were never fans of her style I'm subscribed to a very few musicians threads here on tfs, not because I'm not a huge music fan but because it is primarily a site about fashion and there are other sites for that (last.fm being the no1). I think it's very naive and cynical to judge people's feelings because they didn't visit a style thread.
And even though I mention lastfm, that is not even an indication, especially for the older generation who used and still uses cassettes, cd players and vinyl before ipods etc. So what ives said

Last edited by melfreya; 24-07-2011 at 05:34 PM.
24-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Stylin View Post
There is that famous quote where they say you should never judge a person till you walk in their shoes. I cant really judge her coz i dont know what made her an addict and why she failed to over come it. Most addicts do actually try to kick the habit but their demons control them very strongly.
Good words, Urban Stylin.

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

Couldn't agree more

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
I am going to sound insensitive but for someone who "Rehab" she had it coming. I have a hard time feeling sad for people who die because of their own wrong decisions and choices. I am more sad for the folk in Norway, they deserve more headlines than her. Plus I didn't follow the whole story but her addiction was really well known and everyone wanted to help. Perfect example of how no one can help you but yourself. Where is the love of her life btw? Still in jail?
I'm going to echo the sentiments of many posters here in the forum that comparing Winehouse's death to the Norwegian deaths is akin to comparing apples to oranges.

Secondly, I think addiction/depression is one issue that people should refrain from judging until they've actually experienced it. You must understand that the majority of addicts fight desperately against the inner demons that plague them. They certainly don't enjoy the trainwreck of their lives. Addiction/depression is not something you can enter a rehab once and defeat cleanly; It's a very very long struggle, and an extremely painful one. The instabilities that these people have never really go away - they recede at the very most. Having people around you doesn't guarantee one's success at fighting inner demons, and it doesn't equate to that person being a failure or "deserving what's coming" because their loved ones can't help them.

If you've read accounts of those who've been depressed, it'll give you an inkling of the terrific loneliness, pain, confusion, and pain that these people go through. The fact that Amy Winehouse lived up till now is testament to the fact that she was fighting it, that she wasn't just passively accepting her fate. But it's a roller-coaster cycle, and addicts will relapse every now and then. Death by depression/addiction is a terrible, prolonged process that eats the victims up from the inside out.

My thoughts go to Amy Winehouse's family, and I hope she rests in peace.

But satisfaction brought it back

Last edited by eternitygoddess; 24-07-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, amy, moderator, post, reminder, rip, winehouse