How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-07-2011
backstage pass

That's so sad.. Just a question, why is her thread closed? I wish it still was open so we could post pictures or videos of her, like in the Michael Jackson's thread.
That news was just shocking.

25-07-2011
fashion icon

I really like her music...RIP

Soviet Camaro

My heart sank when I saw the news... surprising, no, but I was shocked, more than I thought I'd be, because the possibility had been hanging there so long.

She had such talent... a shame that it came with such demons.

So sad... rest in peace, Amy. I hope you are free at last.

don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa-K View Post
That's so sad.. Just a question, why is her thread closed? I wish it still was open so we could post pictures or videos of her, like in the Michael Jackson's thread.
Speaking from my own perspective, updating that thread with her latest exploits was always exciting, but now that she's dead, it feels better if the curtain falls on it for a while, more respectful for the moment.

backstage pass

I don't know that I've ever posted in her thread, but Back to Black was very important to me...I listened to it everyday for months and her words helped me when I was in a difficult place. Whether or not someone posted about her before or after her death in a thread on a fashion website has nothing to do with their loyalty as a fan.

RIP Amy. Your beautiful words and voice will live forever

don't look down

I was not speaking in terms of loyalty, only of the sadness that now there never will be any new chapters in her life. I always thought her stroppiness would see her through, that one day she would stubbornly defy the definition people had of her. Everyone naturally has their own reaction, and as I took care to word it, I was only sharing a viewpoint, one where there is plenty of time for sharing and tributes, but also for moments when we pause. Perhaps the instant nature of the internet lets us forget about any positive side to that?
Posted via Mobile Device

26-07-2011
V.I.P.

Amy Winehouse Through the Years
A look back at the life of Amy Winehouse in her younger years.

V.I.P.

zimbio

I wasn't sure to post them here but her thread is closed. And I think it was a beautiful collection of pictures.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

thanks for posting..may she RIP mayb smeone should post some pics from her funeral

26-07-2011
V.I.P.

It is indeed a beautiful collection.Thank you!

26-07-2011
V.I.P.

That is a lovely compendium of photos. And what a beautiful girl-cum- woman Amy Winehouse was, blessed with a voice of so much soul. She will be sorely missed.

28-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I was not speaking in terms of loyalty, only of the sadness that now there never will be any new chapters in her life. I always thought her stroppiness would see her through, that one day she would stubbornly defy the definition people had of her. Everyone naturally has their own reaction, and as I took care to word it, I was only sharing a viewpoint, one where there is plenty of time for sharing and tributes, but also for moments when we pause. Perhaps the instant nature of the internet lets us forget about any positive side to that?
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know if this was meant as a reply to what I said, but my comment wasn't directed at what you said at all, a comment on the previous page said something about people jumping on a bandwagon after one's death instead of visiting their thread whilst they were still living and that those that didn't should "gtfo". i don't want to start any arguments but i just found that to be insensitive and unnecessary ...in fact, i completely agree with both of your comments, very true and well spoken

thanks for posting those pictures jexxica, they're lovely.

V.I.P.

Still can't believe/accept it...I've listened to Amy weekly for the last 5 years! IMHO she was one of the best things to happen to modern music. As an artist she was a breath of fresh air even though I never denied my concern for her(voiced that in AW's 1st thread)...but I never thought this would happen and so soon. Since the news I haven't been able to listen to her...after all these years...feels weird. Officially missing Amy! A terrible lost and its very sad that she just stop singing....

Photo Sources:CameraPress & PA

backstage pass

I heard some say that she was indeed a great singer, but that she had never made great videos, or great concerts. I want to say to them that they simply don't realise that we have lost an amazing artist, and that she had a lot more to offer. I don't think everyone understand how skilled that girl was.

28-07-2011
V.I.P.

Exactly! People today seem to care more about the music video than the actual music this includes the 'artists'. Its getting ridiculous...this is why losing someone like Amy just leaves today's popular music all the more skrewed! Wish we got more from her but what she left behind is pretty solid...a 'Back to Black' doesn't happen everyday. Photo Credits:Retna & PA

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 28-07-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, amy, moderator, post, reminder, rip, winehouse