How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2011
fashion icon

I like Bruno Mars and his cover was good but i don't understand why they chose that song, it wasn't even hers orginally, she wrote and sang so many stunning songs, having someone sing one of her own songs would have been a much better tribute imo..

Leave tonight or live and die this way

31-08-2011
V.I.P.

^I was thinking the same darn thing! However,Tony Bennett really added a great touch & class to her tribute! The best move by MTV was bringing him in & showing their 'Body & Soul' duet...it saved the tribute.

V.I.P.

The tribute to Amy was the only thing worth watching out of the whole event imo, I think Bruno Mars put on an amazing performance.. sure it was not Amy's song and it was certainly an over-the-top, almost Glee-esque version of her Brit Awards performance back in 2008 but she's associated to the song and it just has a very contagious, optimistic rhythm, I thought it fit the way they decided to celebrate Amy's life. I was never a fan of Amy's music but the part Bruno added for Amy towards the end of the song was very very touching, I got a little teary eyed, I thought it was a big thank you from musicians instead of a gloomy recap of the loss or her struggles in life, which was just necessary, I think.

tfs star

I keep on listening Amy's music. this is so sad

14-09-2011
don't look down

"Today would have been her 28th birthday but instead it serves as the date that Amy Winehouse’s final recording is released. The single, entitled Body and Soul, was recorded by the Back To Black singer with Tony Bennett and it comes off his latest album, Duets II." (youtube.com/tonybennettVEVO):

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

Tu Style N°31 Italy 2 Agosto 2011 ebook30

20-09-2011
don't look down

Her mother, Janis, talks about Amy's life and the days after her death (dailymail.co.uk):

Quote:
I ask if she wishes Amy had never been born with her amazing voice and had been just an ordinary girl.

She thinks for a moment, then says: ‘No, because that was her path, that was her life. I can’t imagine her without that voice. She was always singing, she didn’t stop.

‘I can remember when she was a teenager, Mitchell and I went to see her in an amateur dramatics performance at the Everyman Theatre in Hampstead. She had a solo and we looked at each other and said, “Wow, she’s good isn’t she?”

‘Amy achieved everything she set out to in her career, all by herself, and I have such a sense of pride. When I saw all the fans outside her house after her death, I thought, “They’re all here because they’re fans of my baby.” What she’s left behind, her music, will last longer than any of us.’

01-10-2011
V.I.P.

Gala France n 953 14 septembre 2011 ebook30

15-10-2011
V.I.P.

Be n 79 du vendredi 23 septembre 2011 ebook30

18-10-2011
V.I.P.

Fairlady Italy September 2011 ebook30

26-10-2011
scenester

Amy Winehouse died as a result of drinking too much alcohol. That's the
conclusion reached by a British coroner, whose investigation determined that
the "Rehab" singer had more than five times the legal driving limit of alcohol
in her body at the time of her July 23 death, ruling it "death by misadventure."
-mtv.com

26-10-2011
don't look down

The BBC reports on the results of the inquest:

Quote:
Amy Winehouse death: Coroner records misadventure verdict

Amy Winehouse's death was the result of the singer drinking too much alcohol, a coroner has said.

A verdict of misadventure was recorded into the 27-year-old's death after an inquest heard she was more than five times the drink-drive limit.

Winehouse was found dead at her home in Camden, north London, on 23 July.

St Pancras coroner Suzanne Greenway said the "unintended consequence" of Winehouse drinking so much alcohol was her "sudden and unexpected death".

Three empty vodka bottles, two large and one small, were found at her flat, St Pancras Coroners Court heard.

'No pulse found'

The inquest heard the singer, who won five Grammy awards in 2008, had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. The legal drink-drive limit is 80mg. The pathologist who conducted her post-mortem examination said 350mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood was considered a fatal level.

The examination found Winehouse's vital organs had been in good health but she had huge amounts of alcohol in her system which could have stopped her breathing and sent her into a coma.

Toxicology tests showed there were no illegal substances in her system when she died.

The inquest was told she was found in her bed by live-in guard Andrew Morris, who looked in on her at 10:00 BST, but thought she was asleep. Five hours later she was "lying on the bed in the same position", he said.

"I was immediately concerned, went over and checked to see if she was OK," he added. "I checked on her and realised she wasn't breathing and had no pulse, so called the emergency services."

Winehouse had kicked her drug habit but fell back into a pattern of abstaining from drink for weeks then starting again for a few, the inquest heard. The coroner was told Winehouse had not had a drink in the three weeks to 22 July.

Her GP, Dr Christina Romete, who had been treating the star for several years, said the night before her death, the singer told her she did not know if she was going to stop drinking but "she did not want to die". "She was looking forward to the future," the doctor said.

Winehouse was taking medication to cope with alcohol withdrawal and anxiety and was reviewed last year by a psychologist and psychiatrist about her drinking.

"She had her own way and was very determined to do everything her own way," said Dr Romete. "Including any form of therapy. She had very strict views."

After the inquest, Winehouse's family issued a statement thanking people for their messages of support. They said it was "some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy".

Their statement added: "We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away - it is likely a build-up of alcohol in her system over a number of days.

"The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time."

Since her death, Winehouse's 2006 album Back to Black has become the UK's bestselling album of the 21st Century.

31-10-2011
don't look down

New music to be released in December...

Quote:
Amy Winehouse's secret album to be released months after her death

She had been working on new material for years, trying to better smash hit record Back To Black. And now a secret album of brand new songs by Amy Winehouse is being slated for release months after the 27-year-old's death.

Amy Winehouse Lioness: Hidden Treasures is said to contain original tracks as well as covers. One song reportedlytells of cheating ex-husband Blake Fielder Civil while another was recorded while the singer was high on drugs, according to The Sun.

The album also features a recording of jazz standard Body and Soul with Tony Bennett.

Winehouse's father Mitch told The Sun the new material 'took my breath away.' The 60-year-old added tearfully: 'I spent so much time chasing after Amy - telling her off - that I never realised what a true genius she was.'

He said the album would never have been released if the family had felt it wasn't up to the standard of his daughter's 2003 debut Frank and much celebrated second album Back To Black in 2006. 'We believe it will stand as a fitting tribute to her musical legacy,' Mitch added.

Producers Salaam Remi and Mark Ronson pulled the album together after listening back to thousands of hours of vocals by the star. Remi said listening back to Winehouse's voice was an 'emotional' experience. 'I believe she has left something beyond her years,' he said. 'She has put a body of work together that will inspire an unborn generation.'

The new album is said to be due for release in December. Money from each copy sold will go to the Amy Winehouse Foundation.

31-10-2011
don't look down

And this seems to be the cover of the album (same source):

01-11-2011
V.I.P.

^New Amy sounds good! Ver sweet cover as well,can't wait to buy!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, amy, moderator, post, reminder, rip, winehouse