How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-11-2011
V.I.P.

Rolling Stone Russia September 2011 ebook30

24-12-2011
V.I.P.

TuStyle Italy n. 49 del 6 12 11 ebook30

07-05-2012
backstage pass

I miss her...

rising star

Me too especially today on her birthday. I have been listening to her music and only her music this month and I get so sad just thinking she will never make music again. She had a fantastic voice that transmitted so much passion and emotion.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

It's even worse to hear the doo-wop sounds in "Lioness"... There used to be rumors she was planning a reggae album, and at this point it's hard to be picky But a doo-wop album from Amy would have been a dream come true

02-04-2015
don't look down

A new documentary about Amy (dailymail.co.uk / youtube.com/filmselect):

Now fans of the late Amy Winehouse can take a closer look at the singer in a new documentary filled with archived videos, performances and her own words.

The first teaser trailer for Amy has been released, offering a glimpse at Winehouse as she went from rising star to to global icon.

'Singing has always been important to me, but I never thought I'd end up singing or be a singer. I just thought I'm lucky that it's something I can always do if I want to,I'm so lucky like that,' she says over a montage of home videos and footage from throughout her life.

'I felt that at the time there was nothing really new, that really represented me or the way I felt so I just really started writing,' Amy explains in one old interview, before the beehive and the worldwide acclaim. 'I wouldn't write anything unless it was directly personal to me or I'd feel that I wouldn't be able to tell the story right.'

Using soundbites from Amy's early career works to portray her as an unlikely star, unsure of the musical world of fame and excess that she certainly wasn't prepared for.

'I'm not a girl trying to be a star or trying to be anything besides a musician,' Winehouse says through archival footage. 'I don't think I'm gonna be at all famous. I don't think I could handle it. I'd probably go mad.'

The documentary was left in the capable hands of filmmaker Asif Kapadia, who famously directed the BAFTA-award winning doc Senna. Amy is also produced by Exit Through the Gift Shop's James Gay-Rees and is set to premiere in the UK on July 3rd, nearly four years after Winehouse's death.

backstage pass

Aww Amy. I was just listening to Back to Black two days ago. That voice. Gone wayyyyy too soon.

03-04-2015
V.I.P.

i got chills watching that

03-04-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
i got chills watching that
Same. I've been waiting for her documentary since 2011

21-05-2015
V.I.P.

the full trailer is out now, and the reviews for the film - which was shown out of competition at cannes this week - are fantastic!

peter bradshaw of the guardian calls it a "masterpiece" here:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015...ic-masterpiece

full trailer below:

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 21-05-2015 at 12:26 AM.
05-07-2015
don't look down

I went to see it the other night in the cinema. Half of the film is made of footage I've seen on youtube a thousand times, and the other half is stuff I've never seen before, so I'm not entirely sure what to think.

Well, I like the way it gave structure to her story without overdoing the drama, but it's no masterpiece, I felt it was stretching things out a bit thin over two hours, given that there were no truly in-depth moments with anyone from her life. A film clip here, a fleeting memory there, very little Ronson, no Reg, a limited range of voices, not everyone wanted to talk about her on camera.

Yet there's still something about spending time "in the company" of Amy, and for that reason alone, I liked the film.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, amy, moderator, post, reminder, rip, winehouse