How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-07-2011
tfs star

I know this is just another post...but I'm so sad :-(
The poor soul... I hope you rest in peace Amy... wherever you are!

You will be truly missed!

23-07-2011
fashion insider

Amy RIP i don't stop cry!!! such a shaaaamm ohhh

23-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsoma View Post
i feel so devastated and empty now,i know i started listening to her songs in 2006 when 'Back to Black' came out,i was 11 years old,my parents were going through a divorce,they were arguing a lot and really loud and the only peace that i could find was Amy's music.also i had so many insecurity problems,people were making fun out of me.she helped me through those hard times, i can't really put in word how grateful i am because of that.
i guess people won't understand my point of view,especially those who have never been in a situation like this before,but i feel so blessed,really blessed that i could live in the same century as her.

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse, You will NEVER be forgotten,and thank You for all the thing You have done.
dsoma, big hugs to you!

23-07-2011
fashion insider

She was, is and will be such an AMAZING artist, with only two albums she became a legend.
The real artist never dies!

23-07-2011
backstage pass

I'm in shock! RIP Amy

23-07-2011
trendsetter

Such a shame i had to wake up to this news this morning. RIP Amy, you will never be forgotten

23-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
While the media will create concepts like the 27 Club out of a series of coincidences, with enough repetition, these ideas turn into things that people, in misguided moments, start to aim for. And now through accident or otherwise, Amy will have her name added to the list, and the concept will gain more coverage than ever before, and hopefully anybody in the grip of an adolescent sense of self-destruction who puts it down on their list of ambitions wises up by the age of 26 to the waste of it all.
Indeed. What's so terribly saddening is that she was, alas, so young and one of the precious few in this day and age who was genuinely, truly talented. A waste of life, a waste of talent, waste of opportunity, waste of potential... She could've been so many things, her life could've been so much more... Fame is a rough row to hoe, yet talentless Cheryl Cole manages fame so bloody well, and it's the genuinely good ones who're as often as not buggered.

A certain lifestyle, egged on and vulgarised by the media for its own pecuniary ends and then subsequently ridiculed and shamed, rendering the young the most vulnerable only to have them resort to hedonistic excesses, and then to further ridicule and shame the person. She was obviously very troubled, and needed help desperately, but was instead reduced to tabloid fodder. Truly despicable.

Last edited by pavonine; 23-07-2011 at 05:01 PM.
23-07-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

RIP she was very young and extremely talented its quite tragic.
I thought this was a wonderful tribute
http://fashionista.com/2011/07/amy-w...ashion-legacy/

23-07-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavonine View Post
Indeed. What's so terribly saddening is that she was, alas, so young and one of the precious few in this day and age who was genuinely, truly talented. A waste of life, a waste of talent, waste of opportunity, waste of potential... She could've been so many things, her life could've been so much more... Fame is a rough row to hoe, yet talentless Cheryl Cole manages fame so bloody well, and it's the genuinely good ones who're as often as not buggered.

A certain lifestyle, egged on and vulgarised by the media for its own pecuniary ends and then subsequently ridiculed and shamed, rendering the young the most vulnerable only to have them resort to hedonistic excesses, and then to further ridicule and shame the person. She was obviously very troubled, and needed help desperately, but was instead reduced to tabloid fodder. Truly despicable.

I think the tabloids have little to do with this. And I think it quite likely that she got help. Indeed, I understand she had just been in treatment for her problem. And that's unfortunately when a good many people die from this bad habit. It's a biochemical issue that I can't elaborate on here.

She was a talented woman and that makes this even more of a tragedy.

23-07-2011
trendsetter

My heart dropped when I heard the news. I'm truly surprised and the news has yet to settle in. Amy was such a unique and spirited person and its hard to believe that she has left the earth. Wherever she is I know she will shine and we have her voice to remember that.

V.I.P.

And I always thought she's on the mend...
I used to listen a lot to her stuff during my exam periods in the last few years....

23-07-2011
tfs star

Very heartbreaking.

Condolences go out to her family, friends and fans.

May she find the peace she was seemingly searching for.

V.I.P.

Just found out. OMG I was never a huge fan but I always thought that maybe just maybe she would turn her life around.

It's so tragic. Thoughts go out to her parents, family and friends.

23-07-2011
goodbye kiss

I'm quite sad about her death...People were always talking about her problems with drugs and alcohol that they started overshadowing her music. I personally think she was a great musician, I wasn't her biggest fan but I always appreciated her as a singer/songwriter. While she was alive, the media would only talk about her scandals, now only after she's dead, they begin recognizing her work as a musician, that's quite saddening in my opinion.

23-07-2011
The future is stupid

Cos there's nothing, nothing you can teach me...

She was not for this world. Rest in peace, Amy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, amy, moderator, post, reminder, rip, winehouse