How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

I am so sad;--((( can't describe how sad....

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

I'm shocked

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

I still can't believe

24-07-2011
trendsetter

I am going to sound insensitive but for someone who "Rehab" she had it coming. I have a hard time feeling sad for people who die because of their own wrong decisions and choices. I am more sad for the folk in Norway, they deserve more headlines than her. Plus I didn't follow the whole story but her addiction was really well known and everyone wanted to help. Perfect example of how no one can help you but yourself. Where is the love of her life btw? Still in jail?

Thoughts to her friends and family tho.

24-07-2011
Looking Up

Unfortunately she had it coming She was such a talent.
RIP.

24-07-2011
In Bloom

I don't feel less sad just because she was an addict.

we were in love

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammarra View Post
I am going to sound insensitive but for someone who "Rehab" she had it coming. I have a hard time feeling sad for people who die because of their own wrong decisions and choices. I am more sad for the folk in Norway, they deserve more headlines than her. Plus I didn't follow the whole story but her addiction was really well known and everyone wanted to help. Perfect example of how no one can help you but yourself. Where is the love of her life btw? Still in jail?

Thoughts to her friends and family tho.
agree, i might sound horrible person
but really, it was her choices that made her
die. i know that addictions are hard to
overcome and people
did try to help her
and how many times she was
at rehab???
it was her choice of lifestyle.
what happened in norway was
absolutely horrible thing and here in finland
newspapaers write about that
and just small articles here and there about amy.

fashion insider

Sad. Real talent lost.

Hope she found her peace now.

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
i know that addictions are hard to
overcome and people
did try to help her
and how many times she was
at rehab???
it was her choice of lifestyle..
An addiction is a disease, pretty much like depression, and none of them invite for a lot of sympathy from society or even closed ones because they bring out all the demons a healthy human being manages to control or just hide, a lot of personal baggage is obviously involved so that makes it extra harder and hurtful.. if you're close to a person suffering from either, you try to help as much as you can, and you will see the person that's addicted doing a huge effort to overcome his suffering, but just like the cure for some diseases are yet to be found, the sad thing about an addiction is that the person that suffers from one may or may not find the strength, continual support and self-commitment (all of which should be understood as the 'cure') before the disease finally eats him out.. one thing I'm not sure a lot of people understand is that an addiction can kill you at any moment actually, I bet her father as heartbroken as he may be, had seen this coming years ago, hence the desperate attempts to help her, but there's only so much you can do.. if the addict is not strong enough, I doubt anyone else will be strong enough for two people no matter how much you care and love, because being the sole support for someone that suffers from that stuff we can't mention here is so emotionally and physically draining it literally kills you, or in less fatal cases, it just forces you to abandon the person for the sake of your own mental health and get on with your life. I don't think that once you're heavily involved with an addiction or with a person that suffers from one, there's such a thing as a choice of lifestyle, because none of them are entirely conscious or based on preferences.

I don't understand the.. criteria of comparing two completely different types of events that led to death, because really, the only thing in common is the time and ending.

Last edited by MulletProof; 24-07-2011 at 08:27 AM.
24-07-2011
V.I.P.

^
i know all that.

V.I.P.

Good.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I feel the same way... it's so sad although I knew she had been struggling with her addiction for a rather long time...

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I suppose I do, because, well, while I do feel sorry for her and the fact that it was a colossal waste of talent and potential, I feel a hell lot sorrier for the victims in Norway and their friends and family, and young children and men and women in Somalia, who died (and are still dying, in the case of Somalia) simply because they were unfortunate enough to be the victim of a fundamentalist right-winger or because they born in a particular country. Or for that matter those who died in the train crash in China or those who continue to die in Afghanistan and Pakistan and Iraq and Palestine and everywhere else in the world due to fanaticism and intolerance.

I mean, if Pete Doherty were to die due to overdose, I can't say I'd sympathise with him as much as I do with young Somalian children who're dying because there isn't enough food. Yes, addictions are hard overcome, and it's an incredibly difficult time for the friends and family, but at least there's a possibility (a slim one, perhaps, for some) that one can recover if one is determined enough. She, at least, had an opportunity to get back on the straight and narrow. What chance do the people of Somalia have, on the other hand?

Maybe I'm a mean, judgemental and horrible bitch, but there.

Last edited by pavonine; 24-07-2011 at 09:03 AM.
24-07-2011
V.I.P.

I hate how everyone says you should feel more sad about the Norway victims. Can't you feel sad for both? Is that too humane to ask? She was an enormously talented woman and yes she died from her addiction. So did Hendrix and Joplin and so many others. Did their addiction make them any less talented? Rest in peace Amy, your music will always always be remembered!

24-07-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
I hate how everyone says you should feel more sad about the Norway victims. Can't you feel sad for both? Is that too humane to ask? She was an enormously talented woman and yes she died from her addiction. So did Hendrix and Joplin and so many others. Did their addiction make them any less talented? Rest in peace Amy, your music will always always be remembered!
Agreed. To me we're all the same. You'd have to be a pretty nasty psycho killer for me not to feel sorry when you pass away.

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, amy, moderator, post, reminder, rip, winehouse