RIP Harry Uzoka - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-01-2018
V.I.P.

RIP Harry Uzoka

Quote:
First picture of male model, 25, knifed to death in 'robbery gone wrong' as friends mourn "absolute icon"

Heartbroken friends and fans have described Harry Uzoka as an inspiration to black models and a rising star
BY CHRIS KITCHING
20:02, 12 JAN 2018

Harry Uzoka, 25, had done work for giants including Zara and Mercedes

This is the first picture of a young model who was tragically knifed to death in what police suspect was a 'street robbery gone wrong'.

Harry Uzoka, 25, was signed to top talent agencies in London, New York and Los Angeles, and had appeared in campaigns around the world.

Heartbroken friends and fans have described him as an "absolute icon" and an inspiration to black models after doing work for giants such as Zara and Mercedes.

Mr Uzoka was found collapsed on a pavement in Old Oak Road in Shepherds Bush, west London, just before 4pm on Thursday. He died at the scene.

Two men, aged 27 and 28, were arrested nearby on suspicion of murder and remain in police custody.

Mr Uzoka was signed to top talent agencies in London and the US

The 25-year-old was stabbed to death in west London

Police suspect Mr Uzoka was a victim of a "robbery gone wrong" before he staggered through a nearby estate with a knife wound to the chest and collapsed, the Evening Standard reported, quoting a source close to the investigation.

Mr Uzoka worked with London's Premier Model Management, which helped catapult the likes of Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer to stardom.

He was also signed on to agencies in the US and Spain, appearing in magazines and on billboards all over the world.

Police have arrested two men on suspicion of murder

Tributes left at the scene for the model described as an "absolute icon"
Grief-stricken friends and admirers were at a loss after learning of his death.

Model Jourdan Dunn tweeted: "Wow.... I just woke up to the news about Harry Uzoka. Rest in paradise young king."

Singer MNEK wrote: "Just read about the murder of Harry Uzoka. SHOCKED. I met him various times and thought he was always so cool. My heart goes out to his family. RIP."

London fashion brand Yemzi wrote: Such a special soul R.I.P."

Police believe the incident started outside Ollgar House

The two men arrested remain in police custody
Hunger Magazine, which recently featured photos of Mr Uzoka, added: "We are beyond shocked and saddened to hear of the passing of model Harry Uzoka. Our thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP."

The DJ Kartel Brown wrote: "Heartbreaking to hear the tragic news about Harry Uzoka. One of the humblest and nicest people I've met. Rest In Peace bro."

Others paying tribute told how the young man was a role model to those looking for their big break.

Heartbroken friends say Mr Uzoka was an inspiration
One person wrote on Twitter: "Harry Uzoka was an absolute icon. He became a household name in the modelling industry, he set the bar for British, black male models.

"I always heard his name surrounded with beautiful energy, and words of joy & pride in his journey."

Another user wrote: "Harry Uzoka was amongst the first young African models that stood out to me. It amazed me to see a young African man leading in the modeling world for companies like Zara, Mercedes Benz, etc.

Detectives suspect the stabbing occurred during a 'robbery gone wrong'
"RIP to such a creative. May your inspiration never fade."

And one tweeted: "Harry Uzoka was literally a young icon for black boys in the UK and London. RIP - absolutely shocking news."

Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating Mr Uzoka's death.

Detective Inspector Beverley Kofi said: "This is another tragic murder with a young male victim who has met a violent death.

Police set up a wide cordon after Mr Uzoka was stabbed to death
"We believe that the incident started outside Ollgar House, in Ollgar Close and the victim was assaulted and stabbed before staggering and collapsing in Old Oak Road.

"We believe there were a number of people involved, but we are still working to establish the circumstances and a possible motive.

"We have made two arrests and continue to pursue a number of lines of inquiry. We need to public’s help to piece together what happened - who the victim was seen with, the incident itself and the immediate aftermath.

"If you were in the area at the time and saw anything that could be of significance to the investigation, we would urge you to get it touch right away."

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0208 358 0100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
mirror.co.uk

13-01-2018
windowshopping

R.i.p.

Last edited by Your Anchor; 13-01-2018 at 01:21 AM.
13-01-2018
fashion elite

Rest in peace

13-01-2018
trendsetter

Bright looking Guy. Heartbreaking he was sooo young.

13-01-2018
front row

What a tragedy. May he rest in peace.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

His family started a GoFundMe to help pay for his funeral

https://www.gofundme.com/HarryUzokaFund

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
harry, rip, uzoka