How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Quote:
Actor Michael Clarke Duncan, who rose to prominence playing a death row inmate in the acclaimed film The Green Mile, has died at the age of 54.

Duncan suffered a heart attack in July and died at a hospital in Los Angeles after failing to recover.

A former bodyguard, the 6ft 4in (1.93m) Duncan was an imposing figure who played a wide variety of screen roles.

He was nominated for an Oscar in 1999 for The Green Mile, but also played action roles and voiced animated parts.

His versatility saw him team up with Bruce Willis to save the Earth in Armageddon, play it for laughs in the Will Ferrell racing car comedy Talladega Nights, and take a succession of roles in TV sitcoms, including Two and a Half Men.

He will be remembered primarily for his role alongside Tom Hanks in the adaptation of Stephen King's novel The Green Mile.

Duncan played convicted murderer John Coffey, a man possessed of a gentle demeanour and extraordinary healing powers.

His unexpected performance won him a nomination as best supporting actor and kick-started an acting career that only began once he gave up bodyguard work in his 30s.

Following his death Duncan's fiancee, Reverend Omarosa Marigault, asked for privacy until the funeral and memorial events were announced.
via bbc.co.uk

So sad to read about this since he was still relatively young and I feel like his career had a lot of angles that were yet to be appreciated and deserved more recognition. His performance in The Green Mile was one of the most heartbreaking ones I have ever seen on screen.. just beautiful.. and he always came across as one of the few, truly humble actors in Hollywood. Rest in peace, Michael.

04-09-2012
front row

That's sad, he was too young. RIP

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

r.i.p! i agree mulletproof, his performance in the green mile was incredibly heartbreaking!

front row

Rest his soul.

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

RIP. This is very, very sad.

V.I.P.

So sad
Rest In Peace

backstage pass

RIP, I really liked him, he's such a great actor!

06-09-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

RIP he always seemed to be a gentle giant and a great actor too

Some Like It Hot

I cry time and time again at his performance in The Green Mile, I don't think there could have been a better person to portray that character than him, among many other characters such as that in Armageddon.

R.I.P. .

tfs star

how sad may he rest in peace, he's one of those rare actor who have a truly sincere face.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clarke, duncan, michael, rip