How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2011
clever ain't wise

In a way it seems weird that anyone should be punished for MJ's death since he was a die hard addict. On the other hand that drug should never be administered or handled outside a hospital....

Still, I think this is very much like Amy Winehouse. They tried to cut down or even quit, but there are unfortunately huge risks with that.

27-09-2011
Heartbeat

if Michael administered propofol himself, it'd be another story.
i don't think MJ was a long term addict, his autopsy shows otherwise...
also he didn't seem to have trouble functioning in his work and taking care of his children so i haven't seen the signs of a 'die hard addict'

even if Murray did everything in a hospital setting it'd still be a crime. i don't understand how propofol is a safe option for combating sleeping problems. Murray wasn't qualified administer sedatives, he failed to use the proper equipment to monitor his patient and left his patient alone which resulted in his patient getting a fatal dose of an anesthetic. having a medical license doesn't give someone a free pass to put their patients in dangerous situations regardless of who that patient is.

i can't say much about the Amy Winehouse comparisons since i didn't follow her personal life (details of drug use) as much her music. it just seems like a completely different situation to me but they are often compared because they are loved musicians who passed away way too young. i supposed the defining factor here between the two would be if they administered drugs to themselves or if it was administered by / was in the care of medical professionals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedIfIWantTo View Post
I bet jury selection was tough. People have such strong opinions of Michael.
i agree, people always talk about bias but i think the jurors just have to focus on what will be presented in the case and make their decision based on that

Last edited by kissablekae; 27-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.
27-09-2011
clever ain't wise

^You are right, of course. There is no real evidence that he had that kind of problem - except for his ex-wife's descriptions of his life and the fact that he had a lot of the common substitutes in his system (referring to the autopsy report which cites benzos).

Oh, yeah, and this little love song:

27-09-2011
on the come up

I think in this case whether MJ was an addict or not is irrelevant or at least not the main point. People should lay off implying that he deserved to die because he was reckless and therefore whatever other people did didn't matter. He freakin already paid the price with his life! This trial is about a doctor who was negligent and caused his patient's death.

27-09-2011
clever ain't wise

^Well, let me just say that I have not said that he deserved to die. Absolutely not. Nobody who ODs does. Nobody.

Besides, in this case it also seems to be homicide.

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

^^amen naked..

27-09-2011
on the come up

^Amen. Well I just wanted to get that off my chest iluvjeisa, nothing personal.

Oh man, I woke up to some horrible picture and voice recording which I totally wasn't expecting.
Why did Murray have a recording of Michael in that state? What was he trying to do with it?

27-09-2011
clever ain't wise

^Thanks for explaining. I feel very strongly about that issue, so I became defensive...sorry.

To me what's interesting is what gave him/anyone the idea that propofol was a good sedative to use at home. It's absolute insanity.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 27-09-2011 at 05:34 PM.
27-09-2011
V.I.P.

People need to realize or know that this whole ''Michael administered propofol to himself'' scenario appeared only this year as Murray's last hope to get away with it. There was no talk or any suspicion of Michael doing such thing in '09 or 10 even by Murray's team, and believe me I've been following this thing since June 25th of 2009. They are lying, lying, lying.

27-09-2011
clever ain't wise

^Definitely. In the autopsy report it's even mentioned that he probably couldn't have administered it himself, even in theory. Nevermind with the benzos in his system - he would be bogged down plenty from that alone.

28-09-2011
Heartbeat

Jeisa, when you said ex-wife, are you referring to LMP? i remember her saying something about him acting funny but it's kind of vague so i don't really know what to make of it.

MelBelle, i agree with you. anyone who has been following from the start remembers when Murray's team started making up stuff about Michael administering propofol to himself. there were also so many ridiculous reports claiming a lot of random drugs that weren't actually found in his system / autopsy reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedIfIWantTo View Post
Oh man, I woke up to some horrible picture and voice recording which I totally wasn't expecting.
Why did Murray have a recording of Michael in that state? What was he trying to do with it?
i think i saw what you saw on TMZ
it's even worse for Murray if he thought his patient already had issues then why continue...

from my understanding this case is being aired on television(what channel?)...unfortunately i don't have time to watch television or at least live. i've been reading about this case between my classes so i can't get too heavily into it when i'm in public * sigh *

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

I saw opening statements live on CNN.

But I don't know if they are showing the whole trial.

Heartbeat

^ darn, i only have basic cable in my living room so i'll probably just have to watch clips online like CNN, TMZ etc

28-09-2011
on the come up

I'm no fan of Kathy Hilton, but this moved me to tears

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...derful-father/

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

The trial is broadcasted live on TMZ.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, jackson, michael, rip