RIP Michael Jackson (June 2009 - March 2011) - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-06-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral1532 View Post

I've always been curious about Michael, but over time I came to see him as a weird man. And I've never understood why Europeans were so fascinated by him, considering how he's viewed here in America (as a "weirdo", eccentric, self-hating, possibly gay, etc). I guess that Europeans' fascination with him is due to a "cultural differences" thing.
I think many people everywhere or anywhere are split.. I never really listened to all the bad stuff.. and I didn't really care... all I knew was that I liked his music.

There's no doubt that he had so much influence on so many artists out there today.

25-06-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
40 sold out concerts...and then you die before you get to perform? Something is fishy.
death doesnt pick and choose what time to come.

RIP michael jackson, he was a tainted legend. free at last.

25-06-2009
tfs star

Quote:
40 sold out concerts...and then you die before you get to perform? Something is fishy.

Theres nothing fishy about it!!! A great music legend has died. I dont see anything fishy about that!

25-06-2009
fashion icon

wow..this is so terrible..

25-06-2009
███████████████

I hate this news my child are all with your music today lost part of my life i hate this really i hate

25-06-2009
front row

25-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
This will bring on a media firestorm that's go on for the next 2 years.

It's going to eclipse the Anna Nicole Smith debacle.

They aren't going to leave him, his children, his family, nor friends in peace.
I was just thinking, this man's family will never have peace...especially his kids. This will be a circus bigger than Anna Nicole, I mean his death crashed a bunch of social networking sites and it looks like a ton of people are gathered in LA already!

25-06-2009
front row

So sad! Michael was an original. There will never be anyone as exceptional as him.
Naturally, I'm listening to him right now. Fantastic artist. No words.

edit to add:
I really think comparing him to Anna Nicole is not appropriate. He is in a completely different league. He was a legend, an artist, a huge talent. Who was Anna Nicole? How is she relevant? (my opinion )

Last edited by gomtik; 25-06-2009 at 08:21 PM.

25-06-2009
fashion icon

Michael Jackson has passed away. It's been officially confirmed by CNN. I cannot believe this! It's such a huge huge loss.. RIP Michael.

25-06-2009
backstage pass

I was quite shocked when I heard this, and while I do love a few of his older songs (such as "Thriller" and "Billie Jean"), I can't say I'm really upset, considering I find him quite disturbing in his later years, as well as the fact, that I didn't actually know him.

I guess I can never entirely understand how people can be sobbing over someone they never really knew...I mean if you like that person's work, I understand missing their movies/music/art/etc... and being a bit upset, but I just don't get why everyone always reacts to a celebrities death, much in the way, they would react to a close friend's death.

If I hear anyone, at all, has died, I do think that's sad. A lot of people do, but I've never known of people literally crying and being devastated every time someone, that they don't actually know personally, dies.

I guess, I'm also not too upset, because besides him potentially being a child molester, among other things, that I find revolting, I've always hated the fact that he underwent such ridiculous plastic surgery to try and become white. I don't think anyone should be ashamed of their skin color, it's nothing anyone should have to feel ashamed of, and it's awfully shallow and sad to try and change it, just so people or the public will be more accepting of you. Anyone who judges by skin color alone, or at all, really, isn't someone you whose opinion you should care about, anyway.

Last edited by Susanna-Cole; 25-06-2009 at 08:21 PM.

25-06-2009
rising star

Quote:
Yes, and now he'll be hiding with Elvis on a island somewhere just laughing at us for thinking they're dead.

25-06-2009
front row

^ i'm pretty sure michael had a skin condition (vitiligo?) that left him w/ white patches all over his body.. that's why he bleached his skin.

it's unbelievable that he passed away today...

25-06-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttyfruit View Post
^ i'm pretty sure michael had a skin condition (vitiligo?) that left him w/ white patches all over his body.. that's why he bleached his skin.
Really? Oh, I had never heard that. If that's true, than I can definitely look at the skin color change he did a little differently. (Though he also had a lot of plastic surgery in general, which I really dislike...and honestly, he looked so much better before the plastic surgery). I had always been told that he was obsessed with becoming white, but it's possible that was not true.

25-06-2009
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna-Cole View Post
I was quite shocked when I heard this, and while I do love a few of his older songs (such as "Thriller" and "Billie Jean"), I can't say I'm really upset, considering I find him quite disturbing in his later years, as well as the fact, that I didn't actually know him.

I guess I can never entirely understand how people can be sobbing over someone they never really knew...I mean if you like that person's work, I understand missing their movies/music/art/etc... and being a bit upset, but I just don't get why everyone always reacts to a celebrities death, much in the way, they would react to a close friend's death.
I'm sure very few people feel about a celebrities death as about a friend's death. But the more you've heard about a person and the more you like their work, the more you know about them and the more you care on a personal level. Pretty natural really.

25-06-2009
backstage pass

r.i.p

had to come on here and leave my words of respect.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2011, jackson, june, march, michael, rip