How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-01-2011
V.I.P.

Rest in Peace.

08-02-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

the trial will be televised...
opening statements should begin the first week in April

08-02-2011
on the come up

^Televised? How do these things work?

08-02-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

Quote:
Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial in the death of Michael Jackson will be televised.

Judge Michael Pastor handed down the surprise order today.

The trial will not only put the spotlight on Jackson's death, but the manner in which the medical community treats celebrities.

Opening statements should begin the first week in April.

source : TMZ
MMMHMM!

i've been reading that NBC is going to be televising it. i suppose the way some other cases(that i don't feel like naming because i don't want to draw comparisons...) in the past have been televised * sigh *

it sucks but the positive is that at least people will get to follow the case and hear it for themselves rather than reading biased news or listening to stupid radio DJs

Last edited by kissablekae; 08-02-2011 at 03:27 AM.

08-02-2011
on the come up

So it's gonna take over an entire channel for the amount of time that the trial is running? Interesting.

08-02-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

yep from what i remember of past televised cases... trials are during the day so i think the airing will be somewhat 'live'

16-02-2011
on the come up

Ugh.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02...urray.hearing/

16-02-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

of course it was lawyer from the Mark Geragos team, i'm not surprised at all. i hope they don't allow Gourjian onto the Defense. even though he barely worked for Michael, i still think it's a conflict of interest

17-02-2011
on the come up

^Let them have him! It's not like they're gonna win

17-02-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

true dat. there are some lawyers that have enough integrity to not jump on any high profile case for their own shine...especially if there's a COI. well that's Hollywood for ya . i can already see the media running with the Gourjian thing like they did with Cochran. i had someone try to make that comparison to me before and i was like : "you don't know sh!t, sit yo a*s down"

Last edited by kissablekae; 17-02-2011 at 03:40 AM.

01-03-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

Quote:
Judge in Michael Jackson manslaughter case says he might delay trial of doctor
By LINDA DEUTSCH AP Special Correspondent
LOS ANGELES February 28, 2011

Flanagan also suggested that Murray is running out of money to fund his defense.

"We need to go to trial right away," he said. "We don't have the budget that would let us draw this out."

Flanagan acknowledged, "We are still preparing this case," but said it was normal for evidence to develop even after the trial has begun.

"We will be ready for trial March 24," Flanagan said. "We are not ready today."

Prosecutors objected that they are entitled to receive discovery of defense evidence 30 days before trial starts, a deadline which has already passed. Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil said she has received no reports from defense experts or any statements from proposed defense witnesses.

Flanagan angrily complained that the prosecution has not met all of its discovery obligations either.

The judge ordered Brazil and Deputy District Attorney David Walgren to turn over clean digital photos from Jackson's autopsy as well as all of the surveillance tapes recorded at his Bel Air home on June 25, 2009, the day he died of an overdose of the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives.

Pastor said that unless both sides quickly meet their discovery obligations, he will begin issuing sanctions of $1,500 per lawyer per day. The judge said he may have to start holding daily hearings in order to compel discovery.

Among the experts Flanagan said he expects to call is a leading authority on the use propofol. Flanagan said the witness believes Jackson was addicted to the pain killer Demerol and was withdrawing it at the time of his death, which may have complicated his reactions.

Outside court, Flanagan said prosecutors had 20 months to prepare their case while the defense began developing evidence in the past six weeks after a preliminary hearing.

Flanagan said outside court that he believes Pastor can't overrule the speedy trial requirement unless the defense is found unprepared on the day of trial. By then, the judge will have called hundreds of prospective jurors to the courthouse and arranged for extra security. He stressed that arranging for such a high-profile trial is time consuming and complicated.
source : ABC News

02-03-2011
on the come up

What's the rationale behind the prosecution's wanting a delay? Other than to drain the defense out of time and money?
I mean, does that mean they're hitting roadblocks in terms of finding enough evidence?

02-03-2011
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2011, jackson, june, march, michael, rip