How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-03-2006
V.I.P.

But,but...what will happen to my favourite Baby Phat and the true class and luxury?

31-03-2006
windowshopping

Word is Russell has been romancing Denise Vasi...

http://www.idmodels.com/denisevasi/index.html

That is what they are saying on http://www.allhiphop.com/rumors/index.asp?ID=978

31-03-2006
rising star

unless you really know the girl you shouldn't be calling her a bitch, on this Vh1 special Simmons was equally nasty to her by cutting her off with a blunt comment and she was being very sweet. Maybe her "bitchyness" on camera is a front for her failing marriage and falandering husband, who knows? Baby Phat is also as much hers since she was the chief marketing and designer, so she deserves whatever monetary income she might receive. Russell though, ugh if it's true about Denise Vasi, he sure loves those young chickens

Last edited by sterlinger; 31-03-2006 at 02:03 PM.
31-03-2006
rising star

I actually think that the two of them are so arrogant that they deserve one another. I remember reading an article with her (think it was vanity fair) and she was so obnoxious and spoiled and he was no better.

31-03-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

The marriage of hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and his model-turned-entrepreneur wife, Kimora Lee, may be coming to an end.
In a statement provided to The Associated Press on Friday, Simmons announced the pair had decided to break up after seven years of marriage. Rumors had swirled for the past week that a split was imminent. The couple have two young daughters.
"Kimora and I will remain committed parents and caring friends with great love and admiration for each other," Simmons said. "We will also continue to work side by side on a daily basis as partners in all of our businesses."
Simmons is head of Rush Communications, but is perhaps better known as the co-founder of Def Jam Records and for his Phat Farm clothing line. In recent years, he has become more involved in politics, and helped to create the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network.
Over the years, Kimora Lee Simmons has become almost famous as her husband, thanks to her successful Baby Phat clothing line and her glamorous diva persona, which has been documented in numerous magazine spreads. Although the pair have appeared at public events together in recent weeks, the statement said they had been separated for "some time," even though they were still living together.

launch.yahoo

31-03-2006
fashion elite

Not suprised. After Russell saw the latest line of Baby Phat designs by Kimora even he had had enough. :p

31-03-2006
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

I'm sad to hear that that are getting divorced...they've been together for so long, and it really looked like they "meshed" well....On a side note, I think it's rather sad that people on this board feel the need to link the dissolution of their marriage to her designs...and go as far to call her a BITCH...who on this board knows the real Kimmorra? Not a single one of us...

31-03-2006
rising star

I bet there will be big fights about who will get to keep all those leopard skin throws they have scatterd around their house.

31-03-2006
fashion elite

somehow I was surprised by this...there's such a huge age difference though! Their little girls are really cute though, I hope they'll be alright!

31-03-2006
Frozen irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjane
Not suprised. After Russell saw the latest line of Baby Phat designs by Kimora even he had had enough. :p

01-04-2006
go red sox

Although I'm not a Baby Phat kind of person, and nor do I particularly like either of them, I'm saddened by this. Not sure why.

V.I.P.

I don't know which one I like the least!!! I saw Russell on with Bill O'Riley who gutted him over his message for the black youth (was very well done, Rus was sputtering by the end!!) and she is the great bitch of our time!! The only credit I can ever give her is that Karl liked her when she was a young model, but that was years ago and I'd guess she's very different today (never see them together either, which may mean something...) I've driven by their house in North Jersey...they make Trump look conservative and sedate!!!

I hope this becomes a dragged through the mud divorce; couldn't happen to two nicer people!!!

02-04-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

02-04-2006
backstage pass

OMG! She modeled for Chanel? What was Karl thinking. She is by far the most unattractive woman I have ever seen. Does anyone have a photo of this? I have to see it to believe it.

02-04-2006
V.I.P.

ewww I hate Baby Phat....
I dont care if they split, it is bad since they have kids together..... but these things happen and you move on.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kimora, lee, russell, simmons, split