How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2010
Stitch:the Hand

simons,i'm talking specifically about the scrutiny sam has received. you would hardly ever hear anything if that was an older man. oh no he's just being a playboy.

10-01-2010
trendsetter

I understand her life may be short, but his isn't.

10-01-2010
|/mirror queen\|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Girl View Post
I understand her life may be short, but his isn't.

How do you know that?
As far as i know, no one can predict how long we are here for....

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
simons,i'm talking specifically about the scrutiny sam has received. you would hardly ever hear anything if that was an older man. oh no he's just being a playboy.
I agree Scott. The double standards are ridiculous.

---

Anyway, I understand that people think 19 is too young to have a child and that he should wait until he is older, but the thing is, she is 42 so they probably can't wait much longer as once you are over 35, I understand that it is harder and more risky to have children.

11-01-2010
Fierce Flava

^ And if it's not the age gap people are at a doozy about but claiming its a no no to be a parent at 19....why? He's an adult and so is she. If they are making this comitment to be together, they have the right to comitt to a child while they can. She's getting older and it wont be wise to really wait until they settle into their marriage and to what people would feel is a good buffer of married time to try to get pregnant or a proper age for him. Life shouldnt be about these assumed appropriate times/ages for things. Who gives a f***? People should do things when they need to.

Also, There's a big defining change in a persons life between lets say 12 years old and 19 even though it's only 7 years of change. That's when people become adults and being in the industry you're more adult than the average your age. Not to say every 19 year old should have a baby as some are not at that level of maturity and commitment. I'm 21 and I am not at that point of commitment but feel if it happens I am mature enough to become committed fully to my new life as a mom. just because I am not ready doesn't mean another person younger than me cannot be. My friend just turned 19 and had a planned pregnancy....few months down the line now and she's a terrific mom and very content. This is where she felt her life is supposed to be. More power to her. It's the same thing as our friends pursuing college- they're just molding the lives that they want and one shouldn't be acceptable and one not.

I would say it's a bad idea if at any age(yeah more often than not it's teenagers) that can't afford to provide everything for this child or have the full time commitment willing to put aside many "fun" things of your own to give this kid attention and love. It's a bad idea to start something without having the right tools fundamental for this persuit to thrive.

If its the age gap, yeah theres a double standard, but even so age isn't a thing that carries the most weight in compatibility. Yeah some people are comfortable in their age range but thats them and not everyone should fit a mold. I don't and I don't think it's anyones business to tell me to fit an ideal as it has nothing to do with them. It's funny to still think that my partner in life was a senior in highschool, had a car, had a girlfriend and worked at MGM Grand Hotels arcade while I was a little 2nd grader who played at that arcade and was too young to not be supervised by my mom while playing. Who gives a f***? It's not like he tried to score a date then- that would've been wrong. I'm an adult now and found ourselves to be an ideal fit. It's a beautiful life we lead and if romance, if finding our "soulmates" "the one" is this big dream for a majority of the world and a big deal to attain....when someone has that it is to be celebrated.

I think this is BEAUTIFUL and I hope everything will be fine with mother and child as this is a risky pregnancy.

Life is too short to be living in a mold. Life is too short to live it judgingly.

Sorry I'm on so a rant but I just dont get when people judge things into a ideal. It has nothing to do with us and doesnt affect us how someone lives their life.

11-01-2010
V.I.P.

Fantastic post, Sephora.

ditto. fab post sephora.

12-01-2010
Power to the 99%

I don't know anything about Aaron, but a lot of actors are older souls, and hopefully one was chosen to play John Lennon, who was a very old soul ... it's not all about chronological age, though certainly it does make a difference--the older you get, the more you remember. But I can certainly see an older soul being older at 19 than a younger soul at 60.

My parents were 23 when they had me, and uh ... I have no doubt that it can be done better.

12-01-2010
®

I find the age gap a bit ludicrous. I'm all for true love, but are they sure this isn't just some phase? And the fact that he has four kids to look after at such a young age, oh well, I wish them all the best and I hope the kids don't witness another relationship that will disintegrate before their eyes and will lead to their mom's second divorce or something. But best wishes still.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvelle_Vague View Post
The double standards are ridiculous.

---

Anyway, I understand that people think 19 is too young to have a child and that he should wait until he is older, but the thing is, she is 42 so they probably can't wait much longer as once you are over 35, I understand that it is harder and more risky to have children.
In general, yes the double standards are there. But no matter how you slice and dice it. The one person in the relationship is a TEENAGER.

Quote:
Sorry I'm on so a rant but I just dont get when people judge things into a ideal. It has nothing to do with us and doesnt affect us how someone lives their life.
I wish them well. As my mom would say. People should be allowed to make their own mistakes.

12-01-2010
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by simons View Post
the thing i find troubling is that he's 19 and having a child. its not the relationship-- good for them, they found love. its their life but wouldnt he want a chance to at least grow as a man before becoming a father? shrugs.
In times when getting married was more of a social necessity, it was normal for young people of that age to enter into it and start raising a family, and plenty of them did a good job. I do think society has formed a progressively more childish view of how much responsibility young people can cope with.

Power to the 99%

^ In those societies, 19 would be on the shelf ... 13 or 14 was more like it. There are societies where this is still done today ...

13-01-2010
windowshopping

I think... when two 19 years olds get together and get pregnant straight away...look out.. troubles ahead!!

but hey... she is 42, she has successfully raised two kids already, shes wealthy, they are in love, the baby will get looked after even if the marriage didnt work out too well. Which is not necesserely the case with two 19 years old studets or drop outs..

Everything in perspective here hey. In my opinnion there is nothing shocking about that, whose world this really rocks? even if they separate tehy will both probably still be better off than two teenagers. She has established her career, family, etc. He as a man has plenty of opporturnities. compare his situation to a girl his age doing the same with a similarly older man... who wins?

13-01-2010

working girl,what makes you think this is mistake? rather condescending of you to say. see this is what bothers me....people pre-judging when they know absolutely nothing about their relationship,his life or their decisions.

Last edited by Scott; 13-01-2010 at 11:50 AM.
25-01-2010
front row

First pic of the baby bump... Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor-Wood at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, yesterday.

dailymail.co.uk

They look happy together in my opinion

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
19, 42, aaron, actor, johnson, married, pregnant, sam, taylorwood, update