How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-01-2010
fashion elite

Sorry to bump this thread so late but I've just noticed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora_Socialite View Post
He's an adult and so is she.
They're both adult in the legal sense but certainly not at the same stage in term of personal development.

This is not a relationship of equals.
Sam has the dominant position both in their professional lives (she's his director, she's more accomplished than he is) and their private lives (she has the experience, the wisdom, the money, the cultural and intellectual authority).
I am not suggesting it's a bad thing: this kind of 'teacher/student' dynamic works well in many relationships but it's also dependent on both party remaining happy with this uneven distribution of power.
What I am saying is: it works for them now, but what will happen when Aaron matures and/or gets more professionally successful?
Quote:
If they are making this comitment to be together, they have the right to comitt to a child while they can. She's getting older and it wont be wise to really wait until they settle into their marriage and to what people would feel is a good buffer of married time to try to get pregnant or a proper age for him. Life shouldnt be about these assumed appropriate times/ages for things. Who gives a f***? People should do things when they need to.
Whether they choose to marry is really nobody's business and indeed they should not care what anyone think. However, when it comes to parenthood, it's another person's life and well-being in question, so I would not be so casual and dismissive as to say 'who gives a f***?'. I certainly do hope they give a f*** and thought this through and are not just trying to race against her bio-clock.
Quote:
Also, There's a big defining change in a persons life between lets say 12 years old and 19 even though it's only 7 years of change. That's when people become adults
I disagree. 19 years old are mature enough to think for themselves and make decisions about their lives, but you are nowhere near set in proper adulthood at this age. Even very mature 19 years-old are immature compared to the people they will be at 30.
Quote:
being in the industry you're more adult than the average your age.
Well, kids who grow up in showbiz are exposed to a very adult world and have to deal with adult issues very early, but that doesn't necessarily translate into emotional maturity. The majority of child/teenage stars end-up f***ed-up, precisely because they weren't allowed a normal/gradual transition into the adult world. Not saying this is the case here, as I don't know anything about Aaron.
Quote:
If its the age gap, yeah theres a double standard, but even so age isn't a thing that carries the most weight in compatibility. Yeah some people are comfortable in their age range but thats them and not everyone should fit a mold. I don't and I don't think it's anyones business to tell me to fit an ideal as it has nothing to do with them.
I don't really think there's double standards. When older men settle down with young women, they are mocked as old fools who fell for golddigers (see Paul McCartney and Ronny Wood), so I think people tend to be suspicious of wide age gaps, regardless of gender.
I also do think the unease about the age gap, is not unfounded (I explained why I think that above), even though I agree it's not the most important thing.

But at the end of the day, I too think that conformism is a disease of the mind and that they should try for happiness above all.
It may or may not work down the road, but when you look at the divorce rate, they probably have as much chance of success as the average couple.

Good luck to them.

26-01-2010
V.I.P.

Excellent points.

But satisfaction brought it back
27-01-2010
V.I.P.

I just love how it's forgotton that he was the one the went after her. It was in the papers over here at the beginning of last year. She was all "I'm too old for you" but he didn't seem to mind. Now they are engaged and having a baby she's a disgusting cougar that's got knocked up to a immature 19 year old.

And it's starting to freak me out how much he's turning into Johnathan Reese Myers.

02-04-2010
V.I.P.

interesting note from a poster on ONTD:

Quote:
I know his ex girlfriend and last time I spoke to her (in october) she told me that he texted her saying that he still loves her (they were together for about 2 years) but she has a new boyfriend now and doesn't want him back

front row

Well this hasn't been posted...

Quote:
8 July 2010 - Artist Sam Taylor-Wood has baby girl

Artist-turned-film director Sam Taylor-Wood has had a baby girl with her 20-year-old fiance Aaron Johnson, a spokesman for the couple has announced.

The 43-year-old gave birth to Wylda Rose in London on Wednesday.

A statement issued on the couple's behalf said they were "happy to announce the birth of their daughter".

Taylor-Wood announced her pregnancy with Johnson, star of Kick-***, in January.

She was divorced from her first husband, gallery owner Jay Jopling, in 2008 and they had two daughters together.

Johnson was cast in the lead role of John Lennon in Taylor-Wood's directorial debut, Nowhere Boy.
bbc.co.uk/news

14-07-2010
backstage pass

oh, he is cute I saw him in some teen-movie.

well... the age gap is large and every time I see a couple like this, I always compare: when she was 23 he wasn't even born...
But I hope they will be happy together.

fashion elite

Quote:
Aaron Johnson, Sam Taylor-Wood Expecting Second Child

Aaron Johnson is getting ready to pull double-daddy duty – his fiancée, filmmaker Sam Taylor-Wood, is expecting the couple's second child, her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

The Kick-*** star, 21, and Taylor-Wood, 44, whose romance raised eyebrows because of their 23-year age difference, are already the proud parents of a baby girl, Wylda Rae, who just turned 1.

After stepping out together as a couple last spring, Johnson defended their relationship. "I've got a wonderful woman. I'm an old soul, and she's a young soul."

Taylor-Wood, who also has two daughters from her first marriage to art dealer Jay Jopling, met in 2009 on the set of her directorial debut, Nowhere Boy.
people.com

30-07-2011
fashion elite

What?!

I don't think it's about the age difference but is he really ready to become a father?

30-07-2011
V.I.P.

2nd baby?????? what????
hmmm i guess congrats but this couple is weird somehow... just my 2 cents...

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
30-07-2011
V.I.P.

Excellent. It's really wonderful.
I'm not really bothered about him but I really admire STW.

30-07-2011
V.I.P.

Sat, 30 July 2011 Aaron Johnson & Sam Taylor-Wood Expecting Second Child!
Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor-Wood are expecting their second child together, according to People.

The 21-year-old Kick-*** actor and the 44-year-old director already have a 1-year-old daughter, Wylda Rae.

Sam has two older daughters from her marriage to art dealer Jay Jopling.

Last year, Aaron and Sam bared all in a photo spread for German Vogue while she was pregnant with Wylda.

The engaged couple met on the set of the film Nowhere Boy. Aaron played the role of John Lennon while Sam directed.

Congratulations to the happy couple!
justjared

30-07-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
What?!

I don't think it's about the age difference but is he really ready to become a father?
Well he already is..

we were in love

30-07-2011
trendsetter

Good luck to them. I suppose it's not a 'conventional' relationship with a 23 year age gap but it's clearly working for them. You can't blame her really, if, as a 44 year old divorcee you get to go home to him every night right? He's obviously mature enough to take on both his own children and those from her first relationship, it's not like 21 year old fathers a new thing. Clearly they don't find the age gap a problem.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 30-07-2011 at 11:05 AM.
30-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
Good luck to them. I suppose it's not a 'conventional' relationship with a 23 year age gap but it's clearly working for them. You can't blame her really, if, as a 44 year old divorcee you get to go home to him every night right? He's obviously mature enough to take on both his own children and those from her first relationship, it's not like 21 year old fathers a new thing. Clearly they don't find the age gap a problem.
They've been together like two years. How can anyone tell at this point that it's 'clearly working' for them. If they're still together when he's 40, then we can say that.

V.I.P.

thei relationship is just wired.
i wonder what his parents are thinking.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
19, 42, aaron, actor, johnson, married, pregnant, sam, taylorwood, update