How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2011
fashion insider

Wow, a second child? I didn't expect that but as long as they are happy.

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

30-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
They've been together like two years. How can anyone tell at this point that it's 'clearly working' for them. If they're still together when he's 40, then we can say that.
Two children and an engagement would suggest that their relationship is healthy and happy right now. Any relationship can break down at any point for so many reasons and who's to say even if theirs did that it would be because of age anyway? But clearly as it stands they are very much together in a productive relationship.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 30-07-2011 at 02:44 PM.
30-07-2011
fashion icon

Personally it freaks me out a bit because the age gap is rather large. Aaron's only a little older then I am and I hardly think that a 21 year old is that mature to be married or a parent. Maybe if he had been a little bit older when they got together then it wouldn't have bothered me nearly as much as it does but being 19 years old when you get engaged to a much older women just seems a little freaky.

you soft and only

People probably wouldn't even bad an eyelash if the genders were reversed. Whatever. Good for them.

31-07-2011
tfs star

I would definitely bat an eyelash if the genders were reversed. But that's me personally. I think around a 10 year age difference is really about as healthy as it can get for me. Because even that's a generation apart. I just don't know what a 42 year old woman and a 21 year old man would have in common. I mean what do they talk about? Honestly? But I guess everybody's different. I mean Zeta-Jones and Douglass somehow made it work. Who knows. We're all looking from the outside in.

Last edited by chickadee; 31-07-2011 at 12:29 AM.
31-07-2011
backstage pass

I am terribly sorry if that's going to sound harsh, but I prefer them to have a baby than for instance younger sister of Brit Brit, Jamie Lynn, or whatever.

31-07-2011
trendsetter

I would feel guilty for holding him back or something. But I don't feel sorry for him either. He has money and resources that most 21 years dont.

31-07-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
People probably wouldn't even bad an eyelash if the genders were reversed. Whatever. Good for them.
They started dating when he was 17 and she was 40. I agree, men get away with more, but I think that age difference would have risen a backlash regardless.

Now, if he had been in his mid-20s and started dating her, with the same age difference between them, I don't think it would have been scandalous at all.

31-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
They started dating when he was 17 and she was 40. I agree, men get away with more, but I think that age difference would have risen a backlash regardless.

Now, if he had been in his mid-20s and started dating her, with the same age difference between them, I don't think it would have been scandalous at all.
I totally agree with this.
He was so young when they began dating.

Can't blame her though, he's extremely hot.

31-07-2011
front row

that poor boy

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

WOW he was 17.
what the h*ll does 40 years old woman
see in 17 years old boy?!?!?!?

i am sorry but that seems so sick.

V.I.P.

She is one lucky lady. Hope it continues to work for them. The age gap might catch up, as it does with some older men- younger women pairings (which are way more common and as such way more accepted socially, even though, no different). Then again, it may not. So good luck to them!

31-07-2011
trendsetter

So long as there's a stable and loving home for the children they have in their lives then really what does it matter really? They're obviously happy together.

31-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
People probably wouldn't even bad an eyelash if the genders were reversed.
That double standards argument is so odd to me.
Firstly, because it's false. The outcry would be far worse if, say, Colin Firth knocked up Emma Watson. He would be called a predator, while Sam has mostly had praises in the press for being an anti-conformist 'feminist icon' or whatever.
Secondly, because even if that were true, we should not want women to get away with questionable behaviors (and dating and getting pregnant with a teen when you're 40 is definitely questionable) just because men do. That's not progress.

31-07-2011
fashion elite

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones have 25 years between them. While it may seem questionable to some peope, they seem to have a very healthy and stable relationshipp. Just saying.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
19, 42, aaron, actor, johnson, married, pregnant, sam, taylorwood, update