How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-12-2007
V.I.P.

Scarlett Johansson’s Plastic Surgery?
Quote:
Scarlett Johansson’s Plastic Surgery?

Wed, 05 December 2007

Us Weekly’s feature story this week claims that 60% of Hollywood has had plastic surgery and conveniently placed two side-by-side photos of 23-year-old actress Scarlett Johansson on the cover.
Scarlett’s rep is fuming and released this statement to competing tabloid OK!:
US Weekly’s cover story regarding Scarlett Johansson and its clear implication that she has had plastic or cosmetic surgery on her nose is an outrageous and defamatory fabrication lacking any conceivable basis or proof, despite vehement denials by Ms. Johansson prior to publication. Not surprisingly, US magazine cannot provide the dates when she supposedly had this surgery, who performed the surgery, or what was supposedly done — all because there simply is no truth to the story. The publication made a pathetic attempt to validate its story by using two cover photos of Scarlett that were taken years apart with obviously different make-up and lighting, and then relying on an “expert’s opinion” (based solely on looking at the two photos) on what ‘might’ have been done. It wasn’t.”
Scarlett herself has even decided to pursue legal action: “I have always been straightforward with the press regarding my body image and I am very concerned that my fans (and perhaps even my employers) will feel mislead. Thus, I feel compelled to take immediate legal action against US Weekly.”
WHO DO YOU THINK is telling the truth — US WEEKLY or SCARLETT JOHANSSON?
[source: justjared.buzznet.com]

05-12-2007
Rebaptising my badness

Ok so, according to her rep, her nose looked like that in the first pic due to lighting and make-up? Yeah, right.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova View Post
Ok so, according to her rep, her nose looked like that in the first pic due to lighting and make-up? Yeah, right.
Her nose really does look different but it could be. Plus, your features change with age.

Rebaptising my badness

^They do but not to the point of having your nose shrink in width.

backstage pass

The bridge of her nose does look quite narrower. Maybe it's makeup? Like contouring the sides and highlighting the center of her nose.

Meg
inspired contemplation

It looks like makeup to me because her nose is so well defined in that pic. Thats why there are 'shadows' all around it. Making your nose narrower is fairly easy with makeup. On the original picture on the left, she's wearing very little makeup and the one on the right, she's not only bronzed out but she is wearing a lot more makeup. To me it would make sense to contour her nose with makeup.

05-12-2007
God Save McQueen

her nose in the first pic doesn't look at all different. just a tilt of the head really.

i have seen pictures of her where it does look like she has had a nosejob, but if she is indeed suing about this, I don't know how she could be suing about the truth. it is very subtle and good work if there is work at all

06-12-2007
fashion insider

Doesn't look different at all to me. The second one is obviously makeup to make the nose look thinner.

06-12-2007
trendsetter

I think Scarlett already had her rhinoplasty in that supposed 'before' pic on the cover of US Weekly.

I found these pictures that IMO showcase SJ did indeed have rhinoplasty . . .

plasticopedia.com

Last edited by Retro; 06-12-2007 at 01:58 AM.
06-12-2007
doldrums

I think she did especially from that before and after photo. The tip is slimmer.

06-12-2007
V.I.P.

wow, now I see the real difference!

06-12-2007
V.I.P.

I hate to say it but id she did have a little something done...it looks great.

06-12-2007
101st monkey airborne

My nose did that between adolescence and adulthood with no surgery. I think my nose grew before the rest of my face did; it finally caught up in my 20s. I have one picture when I'm 14 or so where it's massive. I've read the cartilage in your ears and nose keep growing, though, so it's bound to massive again in the future.

The awful plastic surgery site has said the same thing about Madonna, Angelina Jolie, and Jennifer Lopez. I don't think anybody's surgeon is so good as to give you the exact same nose, same tilt and irregularities, only smaller. And if they can, I want their number.

fashion icon

Wow I was gonna come here and post how I think she's probably telling the truth, because she seems like the kinda girl who isn't obsessed with her looks and concentrates on the talent, but really those two noses are completely different. She is beautiful though, before and after.

Fashionably Late

Hmmm, ok...now I am sort of seeing it after those pics Retro posted.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
johansson’s, plastic, scarlett, surgery