How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
God, he's really super short. From EVERYWHERE! His arms and legs... It looks so...
I guess this explains his need to brag about how good he is at 'the sex'

20-09-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

^

windowshopping

this was post on fashionologie:
http://www.fashionologie.com/2911945

posted by christa schuman
Tue, 03/17/2009 - 7:46am
yes, he was married when the affairt started. since I found out about it we are getting divorced. he let success get to his head and is only satisfied when someone is worshipping him appropriately. apparently she (and himself) is more importnat than his kids, family - and fame is what drives him. Men suck (especially this one !)

who knows if it is actually her, but...
it is beyond tacky
the irony is suffocating.

27-09-2009
In other words

Garance Doré and Scott Schuman at a book signing in New York this month. Photograph: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
Quote:
Mr & Mrs Street Style
Meet fashion's latest (and coolest) power couple
Alice Fisher
The Observer, Sunday 27 September 2009

American photographer Scott Schuman and French illustrator Garance Doré are the best thing to happen to style since Grace Coddington. They've become so influential as bloggers that his photos and her illustrations have been commissioned by Celine, DKNY, Gap and Burberry, and their names have appeared on power lists in publications as diverse as Time magazine and Teen Vogue. Karl Lagerfeld met them in Paris to tell them how much he loved their work. But there's no doubt that they're each other's biggest fans.

"Look how beautiful she is," declares Schuman, 41, "how could I not like her blog? When I first got to know her I thought maybe it was French funny as opposed to real funny, but I could tell from the number of responses her posts received that she was a great communicator."

"I fell in love before I met him by looking at his blog," says Doré, 34. "He's more than a great photographer - he's changed the way we look at fashion."

Which is entirely true. Schuman's site, The Sartorialist, which receives 140,000 hits a day is simple but addictive: beautifully composed shots of men and women on the street, captioned with explanations of just why each outfit works. ("The big trick to why this jacket looks so cool is how slim the sleeve is in the upper arm," wrote Schuman of a double-breasted sports jacket snapped on a man in New York recently.)

Doré's blog is the polar opposite: personal girlie froth illustrated by photos of beautiful women and ultra-feminine line drawings. "There's a new trend: LEGS," enthused Doré from New York Fashion Week a fortnight ago. "How AWESOME is that?"

Between them they cover street-style photography - the Holy Grail of fashion, which shows how real people embrace trends. They offer detailed style analysis and, in Doré's case, an insight into the in-crowd's loves and hates. Both have been careful about promoting products, scrupulously maintaining reputations for disinterested integrity.

They became friends three years ago at Paris fashion week, the relationship evolved this year. Doré is pleased with the power they wield. "I think it's good. We're not just a beauty couple; it's respect for our work."

For now their relationship is long distance; Doré is in Paris and Schuman New York. He lives on the same street as his ex-wife. They have two daughters together. Schuman insists this isn't a problem: "I'm only interesting for two or three days - I need the distance so she doesn't discover that."

Next they intend to travel and photograph together. "We want to go to countries that have folkloric costumes," says Schuman. "In India I want to shoot girls wearing saris in great colour combinations or in an unusual way."

Any other dream projects?

"I'd like to convince Garance to become my wife," says Schuman.

Doré sighs: "Oh baby, that's so cute."
Source: guardian.co.uk

27-09-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Wow, she's only 34?

27-09-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

^exactly what I asked to myself when I read that

Power to the 99%

businessweek
Skincare courtesy of
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marlboro.jpg (107.3 KB, 3 views)

27-09-2009
tfs star

HAHA, i love this thread. so bitchy that pic of him on the previous page cracked me up...i had no idea he was THAT short, it's a bit troll like....

i disliked this guy since that post he made running down some girls clothing choices to the entire internet, tactless egotistical man...

27-09-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Skincare courtesy of
Miaow She does look older though.

Just my opinion, but I find people who talk about their relationships for newspaper/magazine articles tacky. I also fail to understand why a seemingly intelligent as well as nice woman would stay with a man who commented on their sex life in an internationally distributed publication (Yeh, not a fan of the pretencious twaddle that is The Sartolialist)

27-09-2009
DÔMMkammern

To be fair, that's so not Garance's best look! she looks perfectly gorgeous in person!!
I was trying to hold myself from saying this (don't like being mean ) but...
has anyone noticed the absolute lack of NECK he "suffers from"

Given that the thread has pretty much turned into a discussion about Scott's ego, what do you think about his opinion on Preen's collection (which i loved)? What do you think in general about him actually trying to give advise to designers...
this reminds me of his ethyl-interview when he mentions how he had warned some designers about building a strong brand, and blah blah blah...

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/search?q=preen

one last thing: what do you think about Tommy Ton being the new STYLE.COM streetstyle photographer?
i kinda love it...

Power to the 99%

^ I think he's right (and it sounds straight out of a conversation between the two of them), but it's hardly a problem exclusive to Preen. What I find very unfair about fashion criticism in general is that how much you actually get corresponds very much to your position on the totem pole.

Take for example the Ferre collection that so many of us here were so surprised by and quite liked--Cathy Horyn summarily trashed it (whereas Suzy wrote about it at length--which shows why she is Suzy). And why? Because the designers are new and have no status to speak of.

You could easily complain about various Balenciaga collections (and the list goes on and on and on ... male designers who aren't looking at the female body in the way that Scott is) in the same way, but who does he take on? Preen ...

PS I haven't seen Garance in person, but my impression of her age is based on many different photographs. I had thought she was more Scott's age, or older ...

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 28-09-2009 at 01:19 AM.
28-09-2009
backstage pass

I love his work but I think he looks kinda of arrogant in the picture, his expression gives the vibes that a very strong woman has to be by his side otherwise, well.. he'll trod all over them. Garance seems like such a strong woman, I don't mind this match at all. She's amazing, and funny and just a sensational writer and illustrator.

tfs star

to be honest, i don't get the great writer thing. so many bloggers write terribly, i want to cringe and tell them just to post the pictures and get on with it!

28-09-2009
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifa View Post
to be honest, i don't get the great writer thing. so many bloggers write terribly, i want to cringe and tell them just to post the pictures and get on with it!
Yeah, I definitely feel that way about Garance's writing. When I read her writing I feel like I'm reading a teenager girls diary -- and it's not the language barrier, I speak & read French. Both are tremendous photographers though.

28-09-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Yeah, I definitely feel that way about Garance's writing. When I read her writing I feel like I'm reading a teenager girls diary -- and it's not the language barrier, I speak & read French. Both are tremendous photographers though.
my reading french isn't fantastic, and i'm unsure how much is lost in translation. there's just not very much content and the humour isn't exactly groundbreaking. there seems to be very little humour in fashion blogs and they sorely lack for it, i get very bored.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott