How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2009
front row

omg this is hilarious.

30-09-2009
scenester

well i guess i'm just a simple girl then ; )

meanwhile, yes, the whole thing is rather hilarious. the funny thing is everyone's speculating on these people they've never met, and by sheer coincidence, i met him right around that time, and shot him! (in london). it's all on my blog. am i allowed to post the link? i think not but if anyone's curious it's on my blog, streetstylelondon.blogspot.com and you go to 20th september, 'i shot the sartorialist.'

and sorry, meg: i do think we women have to take some responsibility. if we sleep with other women's husbands... why do that to another woman? aren't there enough single men around? i never had any problem finding them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I think the Jen/Angelina analogy is a little too simplistic and quite frankly, if you are a girl's girl surely you don't pin the failure of a relationship on the 'other woman'?

Regardless, while I don't care for the way they came together, I appreciate that they are confident enough that she doesn't have to walk around in flats and crouch around him. It's refreshing

30-09-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I wasn't suggesting you were simple - as someone else said, what if you don't like either of them?! I'm just saying I think the stereotypes are too black and white. And while I don't disagree that one should be wary of engaging with someone who is in the relationship, ultimately it comes down to the person actually IN the relationship whether or not they choose to violate those bonds. Either way, as you say, we are simply speculating on people we don't know and who knows the way Scott's marriage dissolved.

01-10-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
one last thing: what do you think about Tommy Ton being the new STYLE.COM streetstyle photographer?
i kinda love it...
i am BEYOND thrilled. jak & jill is the only street style blog i look at every day. seriously--my bookmarks bar goes: bank account, ny times, jak & jil.

01-10-2009
Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
two sites:

one seems pretty serious: http://www.shortsupport.org/Research/samaras.html

the other one is pretty good www.growtall.com

some of my favourites advantages listed on growtall

1) Shorter fall to the ground.

2) You don't hit your head so often.

3) You can get in places at kids prices.

4) The atmosphere is less rarefied. --> i love this one!

5) No vat on clothes in the UK at least.
Wish I could give you karma for this! Best post in this thread.

I honestly don't see them lasting forever. However, in one of his interviews he did mention making Garance his wife one day .

Power to the 99%

^ I can see her POV ... living on the same street as his ex-wife and kids? I'll stay in Paris, thanks ...

02-10-2009
a hymn to darkness

They're together... that's all fine and dandy, in my book, seeing as no one quite knows why Scott's marriage dissolved in the first place. It seems like a waste of time to pick apart their relationship and the many possibilities behind it. As long as Scott still has a place in his children's lives, that's really all that matters. Relationships/Marriages are not set in stone, sadly...

However, I wish Scott and Garance could put their love on hold and photograph some interesting outfits/ppl.... the quality of the content on both of their sites has taken a nosedive since their romance begin or since they became 'famous'... or maybe both...

on the come up

^agree with every word you said.

02-10-2009
trendsetter

Hmm, I guess I partly agree.I don't mind the fact that they're together, however, why do they have to talk/refer to their private life on a public and more specifically work-related blog ? Uncalled and invasive.

About his appearance, I don't mind his 'height', but he has such a huge chest and large shoulders in comparison (I hate the fact that that shorter men always feel that they should be bigger (as in more muscular) and more strongly built, it looks repulsive to me, especially when combined with a huge ego).

a hymn to darkness

^ I think they're both caught up in their new found 'fame'. Imagine - the mother and father of street-style photo blogs coming together as ONE!? They are both milking it for all it's worth, which, as annoying as it is, is a pretty shrewd business move on their end. It only increases the infamy and notoriety surrounding the two which means even more lucrative deals.

Power to the 99%

^ I want to say none of that is true ... but I recall his pop-up store is named, oddly enough, SartoriaLUST Now if Conan O'Brien would just show us what their child would look like, the brand would be complete ...

05-10-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by avedon View Post
i am BEYOND thrilled. jak & jill is the only street style blog i look at every day. seriously--my bookmarks bar goes: bank account, ny times, jak & jil.
This is the apparent reason for the change

Quote:
Congrats to Tommy Ton for his new job for Style.com. Scott Schuman wanted to move on and Jak & Jilís Tommy Ton was the obvious choice to take over. Itís fun to see fashion week through his eyes, even if I was there. And Iím in two of his shots, aaand yes he is wearing the Alexander Wang boots, hot!
http://www.hanneli.com

06-10-2009
scenester

hi meg - only just saw this : )

i knew. no offence taken!

and i was making stereotypes myself, when i was lumping women into two categories, jen or angelina - and i haven't met either of them!

i remember reading something in a book somewhere, a long long time ago - oh! that's it! a wonderful book called 'the girl's guide to hunting & fishing' by melissa banks - anyone reading this, go get it asap, you'll love it! & there was a line where her father said 'the only people who know about a relationship are the people in the relationship' or words to that effect. it was so lovely, and so true.

and sometimes, even THEY don't know!

and what i've realised re: infidelity is, as an outsider, whether we tend to blame the man, or the woman, really has more to do with our biases about men or women in general. i, personally, hold women in general responsible because i know i'd never do that to another woman's man, but that's my own code & i realise not everyone feels the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I wasn't suggesting you were simple - as someone else said, what if you don't like either of them?! I'm just saying I think the stereotypes are too black and white. And while I don't disagree that one should be wary of engaging with someone who is in the relationship, ultimately it comes down to the person actually IN the relationship whether or not they choose to violate those bonds. Either way, as you say, we are simply speculating on people we don't know and who knows the way Scott's marriage dissolved.

06-10-2009
V.I.P.

An interview ...

http://vimeo.com/5379481

06-10-2009
V.I.P.

I'm sorry, but this guy has the wierdiest (stubby look) body type ever

I believe its Garance in the background + Carine.

russh magazine blog.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott