How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2009
on the come up

07-10-2009
Mr. Zhivago

I probably stared at that picture for two minutes. Those pants can't be helping his case either

07-10-2009
i'm almost ready..

Oh my, he is just not cute at all.

07-10-2009
Power to the 99%

^ You guys are cracking me up

His physique seems to have been changing of late ...

07-10-2009
tfs star

Man he should invest in those Rick Owen boots or take pointers from Tom Cruise and add those slips into the shoes that make you look taller

07-10-2009
front row

oh that picture is horrifying!

09-10-2009
vertebrae by vertebrae

pardon a Hills reference they're totally turning into the Specer+Heidi of the blog world... super over the top public displays of affection, posing for the 'paps'...

09-10-2009
V.I.P.

^ oh dear...

and such a shame too, because I really do like Garance - her style, her illustrations and her blog.

windowshopping

You girls are so funny I love it!

Although I heard about the infidelity, I had no idea of the extent of Scott's arrogance. However I choose to ignore it because I really, really love Garance and I kind of admire the way that they display their relationship despite the obvious backlash. They really do seem to love each other.

I am biased because I have seen a very similar situation occur to people close to me - a wife cheated on her husband of 15 years (they also had young kids) - and I found it very, very hard to forgive her (she had previously been my idol, and even though she had done nothing to me personally, I just could not trust or respect her). However next weekend she is marrying the man she left her husband for 3 years ago - and they are truly, truly in love and perfect for one another, they have a connection that she never had with her husband. Although the beginning of their relationship was far from ideal, and it caused a lot of pain to her ex-husband, I cannot help but be happy for her now and realise that even though people do bad things that does not make them bad people.

27-10-2009
windowshopping

P.S. I think Garance is beautiful (her legs are amazing!) - I have a feeling that she is not very photogenic, sometimes I see shots of her where she looks absolutely gorgeous, mainly the natural, improntu ones where she is smiling or laughing, whereas the set-up, brooding shots are not as flattering. It is a pity she cannot take pictures of herself, because she makes all her subjects look so soft and beautiful.

27-10-2009
Mr. Zhivago

Does anyone have Scott's book? I'm thinking of getting it, are all the pictures ones that have been on his site?

28-10-2009
tfs star

Oh no...that photo is rather sad...it seems he's become so obsessed with analyzing and adhering to "correct" fashion to the extent that he's lost sight of what is flattering to his own body...the pant cuffs, his choice of shoes, the carefully rolled sleeves...oh dear...

28-10-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I think it may be a matter of failing to update the look ... sometimes what worked 10 years ago no longer does

28-10-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I think it may be a matter of failing to update the look ... sometimes what worked 10 years ago no longer does
Bwahaha, I just literally choked...

so Scott is joining the likes of middle-aged professors in turgid bell-bottoms bursting at the seams...

(...and yes, I certainly will watch my frites and fromages! )

28-10-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
Does anyone have Scott's book? I'm thinking of getting it, are all the pictures ones that have been on his site?
It seems to be, but don't take my word for it. I've flicked through it a few times in the bookstore, and there are some nice shots in there, but what stops me getting it is - why buy a book that's going to clutter up my living space when all these images are on the net?

If there was something extra in the book that added to what you already get from the site, then it would be great, but if it's essentially print-outs of his existing streetstyle shots in a book form, what's the special selling point?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott