How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-12-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
This thread is one of my favorites, I want more close encounter stories.
Next time he's rude, someone should just tell him to grow up. He seems to have stopped doing that some years ago, in more ways then one.

Ther's never any reason to be impolite to the people you approach to be part of your work.

09-12-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Too bad there's no human growth hormone for inner growth :p If they invent one, he would be an excellent subject for clinical trials ...

09-12-2009
DÔMMkammern

Quote:
If they invent one, he would be an excellent subject for clinical trials ...
^^ dare I say, an excellent guinea PIG :nod:

trendsetter

garance dore recently tweeted

So the ex was coming back from a big party and he SLEPT. so happy he is now just an ex !
about 1 hour ago from mobile web

oh, its going to be a funny flight...
about 8 hours ago from mobile web

going back home for christmas is like going back to school. you get on the plane and sitting next to you is... your ex!
about 8 hours ago from mobile web

oh how i wish she was talking about him!

source: @garancedore, twitter

24-12-2009
Power to the 99%

^ That is so the problem with twitter ... it encourages exactly the wrong behavior. So many things are better left unsaid ...

24-12-2009
trendsetter

yeah, i was actually quite surprised to read her bitching about an ex on twitter, specially since she doesn't update that much and when she does it's all very superficial

25-12-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

It's funny because I used to think of her as an adorable person; but the more time goes, the more she's starting to look like Schuman

Bitching about her ex on tweeter when (as Katie123 stated) you don't update it that often, is not a classy move Garance.

Power to the 99%

^ That's why you have to be careful whom you hang with (and need I say whom you sleep with ) ... they rub off on you :p It's highly likely you will sink to their level if there's sinking to be done ...

26-12-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
It's funny because I used to think of her as an adorable person; but the more time goes, the more she's starting to look like Schuman

Bitching about her ex on tweeter when (as Katie123 stated) you don't update it that often, is not a classy move Garance.
WORD!

27-12-2009
DÔMMkammern

^^ hey! the "not updating that often" isn't happening anymore.
she's addicted to twitpic now (although i must admit, her pictures there are far more interesting than the usual twitpic stuff... even if they are very phone-like pictures, guess that's what she's taking them with. they are kinda cool) and she's giving more and more details about personal stuff, family stuff..
i liked more the garance that was all about her work, herself and maybe her friends...
her family/boyfriend/let alone her ex :s i can't care about really

trendsetter

true, she's been uploading loads. i remember one of her tweets being' thanks for the help on how to tweet from my bberry!' or something, so she's probably been tweeting from her phone loads.

i've always always liked garance but i was doing some research on a profile i was writing about her and you can find the same amount of interviews as the sartorialist where she's boasting about dating him, and how amazing he is, dating back to when they started dating (when, a lot of people say, he was still married). i was a bit disappointed to see she's as indiscrete as him and becoming as cocky as well, which is such a shame

28-12-2009
don't look down

I was reading from a collection of Quentin Crisp's letters [an English gay man who had a dapper and flamboyant appearance] and in 1993 he says:

Quote:
In Manhattan, every fifth person is a photographer.

Yesterday I was photographed by a Brazilian and the day before that by an Indian. When you ask them why they want your picture, they reply that it is for their portfolios.
This was a small and unrelated moment which made me remember that the concept of taking pictures of interesting people on the street is absolutely nothing new; the only 'new' part of the concept is putting them on the internet, and it's not as if that is anything out of the ordinary (and it's not as if The Sartorialist invented the internet).

It's because the site has become a brand - and when something becomes a brand, it doesn't mean that its values are properly meaningful or genuinely innovative, all that's required is that people buy into the brand.

But I do believe every brand deserves a competitor, survival of the fittest and all that. Sharpens things up, makes things exciting. So enough with this romance. Imagine a world where he becomes the inconvenient ex sitting beside her on the airplane. Let blog-battle commence. Now that would be interesting.

Power to the 99%

^

For that, I would start reading both their blogs Should she need a handy source of insults when the time comes, this thread wouldn't be the worst place she could start

30-12-2009
fashion icon

Its quite amusing how I've been a fan of quite a few bloggers, found their Twitter, read their 'Tweets' and gone off them completely. Reveals your true colours, when your reporting every thought that crosses your little mind.

30-12-2009
trendsetter

^ couldn't agree more. some of then sound so self-indulgent and shallow (as opposed to their carefully written and edited blog posts) that i have been 'unfollowing' a lot of them lately!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott