How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-03-2009
fashion elite

Hmm.... He is/was married with a child, but he really is one of the gayest men I have ever met. So that they are dating is quite a shocker.

Not to mention, he is stocky and VERY short (I would say like 5'4), and Garance is quite tall, non?

12-03-2009
trendsetter

Different strokes...it's not shocking to me that two people who have a similar career (and possibly way of looking at the world) would be drawn to each other. Character trumps height.

Unless you mean that you think he's a closeted homosexual, I think it's unfair to describe him as gay. Not all men fit that masculine stereotype, and they are still plenty attractive to women.

12-03-2009
front row

So any word on when he actually got divorced?

13-03-2009
tfs star

If he is divorced, though.

13-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckashie View Post
If he is divorced, though.
That's what I was wondering, I can't find any mention of a divorce online, and it seems he was still talking about his wife just months ago.

I'm curious because of a blog post I was reading yesterday about them. The blogger was crowing how happy she was for them, and got so defensive when readers questioned his marital status and what exactly happened.

I like to know all the facts before I start congratulating or pointing fingers I guess. Someone else's heart may have been broken, and that just isn't something I can celebrate. Hopefully that isn't what happened and they met free of any baggage

(not that it is any of my business or that my opinion matters anyway)

13-03-2009
tfs star

Oh I thought he was married.

They're a match in heaven though. I'm kind of rooting for them!

13-03-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah dreams, I did some searching as well to see when he got divorced, which is when I found the article saying he'd been married for 18 years. The gossip in me does wonder what happened....

13-03-2009
front row

Thats the most interesting piece of gossip I've heard in a long time! I ADORE Garance, she is so talented, and I hope they're happy. I guess people just fall unexpectedly in love...

13-03-2009
rising star

scott's quite short. i'm 5'1 and i remember he was maybe 2 inches taller than me.

i love garance, her insight and her photos, but i can't be quite that happy until we know what happened with scott's wife. he was a stay-at-home dad with two kids (one of whom was born within the past 3 or 4 years, i think?). now he's traveling everywhere every few weeks? i hope he doesn't forget his children.

14-03-2009
I am half-sick of shadows

An article was posted today on the Times Online which contains the following...

"When the post-9/11 slump hit business, Schuman found himself kicking his heels looking after his daughters as a stay-at-home dad (his wife is a fashion marketing director). “Our nanny moved back to Honduras. I started to watch the kids for a while, waiting for her to come back,” he says. “She never came back.”"

"What do his kids – aged 6 and 10 – make of what he does? “They’re starting to get it now. But they don’t have any friends who know the site yet. That’ll be pretty cool, when some kid they’ve just met says, ‘Wow.’” Schuman denies he has his family all starched up in Brooks Brothers at home."

Which makes it sound like he's still with his wife...

Full article here.

14-03-2009
rising star

oh dear.

14-03-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I know. I'm so curious. I really disbelieve he would be public with Garance if he was still with his wife, it's just that the timeframe seems quite short....

15-03-2009
V.I.P.

I really like Scott, and i really like Garance. So i guess i'll just stay out of it and picture them all very happily living whatever lives they're living?

(this is all just too confusing and wierd to speculate)

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebden View Post
An article was posted today on the Times Online which contains the following...

"When the post-9/11 slump hit business, Schuman found himself kicking his heels looking after his daughters as a stay-at-home dad (his wife is a fashion marketing director). “Our nanny moved back to Honduras. I started to watch the kids for a while, waiting for her to come back,” he says. “She never came back.”"

"What do his kids – aged 6 and 10 – make of what he does? “They’re starting to get it now. But they don’t have any friends who know the site yet. That’ll be pretty cool, when some kid they’ve just met says, ‘Wow.’” Schuman denies he has his family all starched up in Brooks Brothers at home."

Which makes it sound like he's still with his wife...

Full article here.
Pieces are sometimes written months in advance, but hello fact checker if they are now divorcing.

16-03-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

^
I thought that as well, but the piece opens saying she interviewed him during London Fashion Week, which was, um, not that long ago. It's possible that the journalist just found that information online and stuck it in though...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott