How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-05-2011
V.I.P.

on another note most bloggers do get paid right?? some of them are always on vacation and unless they re super rich nobody can travel that much and attend so many events and buy every single it item, right??

31-05-2011
fashion insider

i've been told, on several occasions , that "big" streetstyle bloggers are actually controlled by media group.
the pics published (and also the article) on theirs blogs aren't always from them (the bloggers).

i've been explained that those streetsyle bloggers (for most of them) aren't using flash on their camera
, but on the pics in their blogs, people have the little light of the flash in the eyes.

so the media group, are paying photographers to shoot what style they want to see,
they are also paying streetstyle bloggers to go to fashions shows and show they're present (bloggers)
so at the end they (media group) have articles they're looking for and it looks like it's from independant bloggers.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jey47key View Post
i've been told, on several occasions , that "big" streetstyle bloggers are actually controlled by media group.
the pics published (and also the article) on theirs blogs aren't always from them (the bloggers).

i've been explained that those streetsyle bloggers (for most of them) aren't using flash on their camera
, but on the pics in their blogs, people have the little light of the flash in the eyes.

so the media group, are paying photographers to shoot what style they want to see,
they are also paying streetstyle bloggers to go to fashions shows and show they're present (bloggers)
so at the end they (media group) have articles they're looking for and it looks like it's from independant bloggers.

So, in essence, this is just another example of capitalism masquerading as an independent voice? I can believe it, but it just goes to show that barely anything is sacred.

31-05-2011
Power to the 99%

Hmmm, I feel more than a bit skeptical about this ... but I'm also happy to say I hadn't considered blogs in any form sacred, except perhaps as an example of free speech

31-05-2011
trendsetter

not convinced by these 2's personalities and the so-called photography.
making news and money, it's simple.

19-10-2011
Vogue Paris Intern

style.com

backstage pass

^^ Are you sure it's Garance?

(Or it is not supposed to be Garance at all ).

20-10-2011
backstage pass

It's definitely her. What an odd-looking couple.

20-10-2011
backstage pass

so much taller than him!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldn View Post
so much taller than him!
I knew society has a problem with it, but I didn't know that a lot of TFSers also had a problem with the shorter man taller woman couple "issue".

It's not like the end of the world... and yes I am short. :p

V.I.P.

Reading interviews with both, they seem so incredibly up their own butts and snobby to boot! Ugh...

21-10-2011
V.I.P.

japoelflaco, the only reason that people comment on his height is that he's incredibly vain and he may judge other people for being short in stature, or that he has a "Napolean complex" apparently.

this man is so horribly sexist.

he said that tavi views's or her blogs could never be taken seriously 'if she has never had a boyfriend or any of that Kind of stuff".

backstage pass

^Oh wow

That said, I hate the expression "Napoleon complex" because it's particularly inaccurate and irrelevant, nothing against you, I just loathe this "conventional wisdom", I understand what it means but the origins are wrong. Napoleon was of perfectly average height for his time, so he was never complexed by his height, unlike Scott maybe, which would account for many things..

Last edited by CielDeLit; 22-10-2011 at 06:40 AM.
23-10-2011
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
japoelflaco, the only reason that people comment on his height is that he's incredibly vain and he may judge other people for being short in stature, or that he has a "Napolean complex" apparently.

this man is so horribly sexist.

he said that tavi views's or her blogs could never be taken seriously 'if she has never had a boyfriend or any of that Kind of stuff".
Oh good Lord I hadn't heard this quote before. So I guess if a woman is gay, he won't think she can be taken seriously at any point in her life? I really need him and his chin to explain to me how 'having a boyfriend' or 'that kind of stuff' gives a woman gravitas. Apparently a woman is invisible to him until she's received some male stamp of approval, like the Good Housekeeping seal? How can he be so sure it is or isn't there?

Jane Austen has been extremely relevant for centuries now without ever meeting his standard (assuming I understand it correctly ...).

Jacka$$ ...

23-10-2011
fashion icon

wow, when did he say that Tavi quote?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott