How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2009
Midnight blooms.........

Any pictures of them?

18-03-2009
windowshopping

An update to the fashionologie link posted earlier- his wife commented "yes, he was married when the affairt started. since I found out about it we are getting divorced. he let success get to his head and is only satified when someone is worshipping him appropriately. apparently she (and himself) is more importnat than his kids, family - and fame is what drives him. Men suck (especially this one !)"

It must be really hard on his wife, who has a career of her own, and had to adapt to his sudden fame, and now this affair, and taking care of the kids while he's making out at fashion week, etc.

You can tell from his subjects and his blog's focus that he's changed over the last couple of years, and to be fair, it would be hard not to with so much success hitting so fast. And yea, people fall in and out of love and it can't always be controlled. But there is a way to handle a difficult situation with character and class and kindness, and a way to treat the mother of your children with some respect. Sounds like he couldn't manage to do that. Grr. Not that it really matters what any of us think, since he's the one who needs to live with his actions after his 15 minutes are up.

windowshopping

This is so sad. I had to go through the same exact thing with my parents, and I feel extremely sorry for his ex-wife and especially for the girls. The Sartorialist has been sucking for quite some time, it is evident his work is not what he used to be, but the fashion industry seems intoxicated by him at the moment. It must be mutual. I have seen him around FWs this year, and I was disappointed as the man I saw walking around has nothing of the man I imagined when I found his blog three years ago.

Anyways, this comment by Christa Schuman ruined the Sart experience for me, I'm done.

18-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisBelle View Post
An update to the fashionologie link posted earlier- his wife commented "yes, he was married when the affairt started. since I found out about it we are getting divorced. he let success get to his head and is only satified when someone is worshipping him appropriately. apparently she (and himself) is more importnat than his kids, family - and fame is what drives him. Men suck (especially this one !)"
I'm curious if that is really her that posted.

18-03-2009
tfs star

omg. so it's true? i love scott and garance... but i feel for scott's wife.

18-03-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

well who knows, it could be wife, it might not be. It's probably best not to take it at face value.

18-03-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
well who knows, it could be wife, it might not be. It's probably best not to take it at face value.
True, it could be somebody faking, but something just rang true about it to me. It was on such a random site, and it's not like he's soooo famous that this gossip is that widespread....I saw a picture of her attending some gala for him at the end of Jan. and if she found out after that, she just might be shocked/pissed enough to speak her mind. I've been reading his blog since the beginning and remember him posting cute pictures of his wife a few times, so my first reaction was to wonder what the H happened instead of gushing over him and Garance.

V.I.P.

oh no!

i'm very sad for his wife, particularly if he cheated on her.

front row

i don't know either of them but his wife doesn't seem to be someone who posts comments on gossip internet sites. well, who knows but it's strange nevertheless.

rising star

I used to worship the site for realistic street style, now it's become just a parade of the usual famous fashion week faces. Moreover there's something "off" about this sudden coupling with garance (whose pics are way better than his, i might add). Didn't she have a boyfriend too? I think she mentioned it sometimes. But maybe she was already talking about Scott!

21-03-2009
rising star

They probably spend all their time discussing sleeve lenght and new season bags...

21-03-2009
front row

couldnt help but to think of that too!!

15-04-2009
windowshopping

Just in case you haven't already seen it, there is an article about Garance on Refinery 59 in which she discusses her feelings about Scott Schuman... also he took all the photos... It's here if you are curious.

15-04-2009
rising star

that interview with garance is so cute! i love them together!

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluemist View Post
Just in case you haven't already seen it, there is an article about Garance on Refinery 59 in which she discusses her feelings about Scott Schuman... also he took all the photos... It's here if you are curious.
Thanks for posting, I was

You know, I completely understand that most marriages don't last forever ... but sometimes I wonder why people can't be a bit more discreet. But no, they're in loooove, and they must talk about it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott