How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-07-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Yes, I was thinking the same thing ... hello, Napoleon complex

29-07-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
If he were a media innocent, that would all hold true - but he's far from that, he'll be totally aware of how the media processes your 'personality' and how the tiniest thing gets reinterpreted, and yet he still thought it was a good idea to say any of that to anyone.

He'll have put some work into that book, he should be concentrating on getting it out to as many people as possible, and getting positive profiles - he can let rip with the other stuff later on, but now is not the best moment.
i had forgotten about his book. with all this negative press i definitely won't be buying it. i wouldn't want to give my money to a man who's already cocky enough as it is. imagine being cocky AND rich

29-07-2009
V.I.P.

personally, i find that whole circus funny as sh!t

29-07-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

tiggerrouge - I do agree. There is an incredibly irony in talking about how you schooled people like Peter Som on 'building a brand', while coming across as a complete arse and giving a bad interview.

29-07-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Not to mention the fact that, last time I checked, Peter Som still has his label, and the showroom is where?

30-07-2009
front row

Urgh i used to like the sartorialist in the early days, but now its full of old Italian guys wearing bright green suits etc, etc i hardly visit that site anymore

30-07-2009
trendsetter

The whole thing is quite unsavoury and embarrassing.

I too always felt there was something unpleasant about his blog and comments, now we know why.

I checked out Garance's twitter account today, there are constant references to "Scott and I..."

31-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Not to mention the fact that, last time I checked, Peter Som still has his label, and the showroom is where?
well, a showroom can't "build a brand".... just, you know...

31-07-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I don't know ... I can see that there are other opportunities that lend themselves to a stronger brand, but to me, everything has an ethos--your plumber, the local fire station, everything.

02-08-2009
rising star

I'm definitely not going to be perusing the Sartorialist or Garance Dore's blogs anymore. What a bunch of self-aggrandizing goons.

02-08-2009
_R_
scenester

i don't typically comment on here but felt the need as i really liked his site before i read that interview. totally ruined it for me. hopefully the 5 foot 4 inch tumble off his proverbial soapbox scrapes those sockless ankles of his. what a dick. good riddance for the wife. you lost another reader scott.

05-08-2009
V.I.P.

hey! no attacking the socklessness prease.

05-08-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I didn't read it as an attack, simply noting a point of vulnerability Behaving like an a$$ is apparently another ...

05-08-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't really think it's fair to group Garance in with him with regards to this article - I mean it's him speaking in the interview, not her and she has commented a lot less on their relationship. If she twitters about it....well, they must be together for like a year now? She can't pretend they aren't together.

05-08-2009
trendsetter

yeah i suppose so far she's been discrete about it. but no matter how discrete she's been, she was still 'the other woman' for a while and she was fully aware of it..so she's also not a saint, ya know...and if they've been together for quite a while, then they obviously have similar believes etc, so if the guy behaves like such an *** and she's still with him, then i don't know how much i respect her either!

but i'm getting ahead of myself, all i wanted to say is that she's also a bit to blame. people tend to blame the cheater by himself as opposed to cheater+person he cheated with.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott