How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2009
Power to the 99%

He is clearly quoting her when he claims to be 'good at the sex' ... just remember, girls, if you ever find yourself in this situation ... each time you compliment the guy in bed, be sure to add "... and this is not for publication!"

06-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie123 View Post
yeah i suppose so far she's been discrete about it. but no matter how discrete she's been, she was still 'the other woman' for a while and she was fully aware of it..so she's also not a saint, ya know...and if they've been together for quite a while, then they obviously have similar believes etc, so if the guy behaves like such an *** and she's still with him, then i don't know how much i respect her either!

but i'm getting ahead of myself, all i wanted to say is that she's also a bit to blame. people tend to blame the cheater by himself as opposed to cheater+person he cheated with.
total word!

If she's happy to put up with an egocentric d**ck like him..well it doesn't say much about her tast imo..

And I wouldn't say she's been too discrete either - sure, she hasn't delivered an inebriated and embarrassing interview like Schuman has...but wasn't she constantly name dropping Scott Schuman on her blog (Scott and I etc etc) way back when he was still very much married?

anyway, he's the one who's a media embarrasment but i don't think it reflects well on Garance either.

Ère de ℳodernité

I've heard some stuff about her via a friend who was at Paris fashion week and according to him, she's super nice with you if you're somehow important in the fashion industry, but won't give a **** about you if you're not... He also told me that she seemed a bit "arrogant".

I'll judge when I'll see that in person, but that's always interesting to hear since she doesn't sound like that on her blog...

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Wow I don't think I'll ever be able to look at the blog the same way again.
ditto. i read the entire thread in disbelief and some things cracked me up but then the interview ruined everything for me. i haven't been following his blog for a while because the photos have become repetitive and i definitely won't be coming back now. to the wife: good riddance.

07-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
I've heard some stuff about her via a friend who was at Paris fashion week and according to him, she's super nice with you if you're somehow important in the fashion industry, but won't give a **** about you if you're not... He also told me that she seemed a bit "arrogant".

I'll judge when I'll see that in person, but that's always interesting to hear since she doesn't sound like that on her blog...
pft, why would she wanna sound arrogant on her blog?

07-08-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

^well, some naturally sound arrogant...

trendsetter

true, she never came across as conceited or know-it-all on the way she addressed the readers, whereas Scott did.

10-08-2009
DÔMMkammern

how disgusting! when i first read that interview where he says he's "good at the sex" I thought he would obviously be kidding. I thought maybe there were rumours of him being involved with Garance and this was just a way to joke about it and making clear it was all gossip or something. I thought it could just be a way of making some blog-headlines and get everyone excited about the book and all.
"the neighbours are pretty pissed" hello?

I first read this interview when it was published a couple of weeks ago.
I had completely forgotten about this all, obviously, but today I opened my new glossy copy of UK's Vogue September issue to find a 4 pages spread on no other than him: The sultan of street style they call him!!! Mr. big shot
two looooong pages of text where he mentions Garance, AGAIN.
Don't have a scanner so I'll type some of it. the rest of the article is pretty lame. It's an awful lot of praising, photographers who inspire him, Scott wears his gloves peaking out of his breast pocket ( he is such a blatant gimmick of the people he stalks), Tim Blanks says he is an artist, blah blah blah boring

Quote:
Since his divorce, Schuman has lived in a tiny apartment on the Lower East Side (on the same street as his ex wife). He is now dating a fellow fashion blogger, the French-based Garance Doré. They are the "It-couple" of the blog world. In a career where one has to be focused in order to keep the day-to-day running of a blog under control, it seems to make sense to be with someone who is as involved in their work as he is. They ride the fashion circuit together. "She is wonderful. She was my favourite fashion blog before we met. Her pictures are more about women and fashion than mine, and she writes much more than I do. But I love how chatty she is. She relates to women in a much more immediate way than I do," he says, clearly smitten.
After this I was in shock! So it is true!! ... poor Garance!!!
I say poor Garance because the Sartorialist myth had been for a long time falling apart... he's pictures are getting repetitive (the most obvious example being the "how to get photographed by the sartorialist" ), his comments seem so over-intellectualized, his format has remained untouched for years now, every time he did any interview he sounded more and more full of himself...
However Garance seems, as many have mentioned here, much more discrete about this. Yes, she had mentioned him a lot in her post and tweets, but sure she hasnt told everyone how fabulous her sexual life is. This screaming for attention just doesnt suit her (just as mini tiny scott doesnt suit her gorgeous nonchalance either).
If he really is all that professionally driven, I dont see how he can have let this happen. After all, if people talk about this is because he has let it interfere in his work life, which is what he is interviewed for.

Last edited by Dkammern; 10-08-2009 at 10:26 AM.
10-08-2009
Making a Mess

^ Yes he's definitely let his personal life spill over into his professional life.

Thanks for typing up that bit of the article . I wonder if his (soon to be?) ex-wife has ever run into Scott and Garance since they live on the same street? Poor thing .

Power to the 99%

I imagine he's there because of the kids, and I'm sure they see each other regularly ... but I imagine Garance is in Paris a good bit of the time? Probably good for the longevity of their relationship ...

19-08-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't know. She seems to mention being in NYC quite often.

Either way, I wouldn't be HORRIBLY surprised if Garance was quite deferential to "Fashion" people. I get that impression a tiny bit on her blog. Does anyone remember her story about the woman who couldn't quite place her (Garance)? And finally when Garance mentioned who she was, the woman was super gracious and in awe. When I read that I didn't really see how it was redemptive in any way - the woman couldn't really be bothered when she thought Garance was an assistant, but somehow it's all okay once she finally realized who she (Garance) really was?!

19-08-2009
fashion insider

This thread is quite a good read, I never liked The Sart. but I didn't knew exactly why, his pics always seemed to me somewhat pretentious and forced, but since everyone apparently thought he was very talented I questioned my feeling. But after this thread ,jesus I'm never going to visit his site again...he's sounds like the type of men of my nightmares.

I like Garance's blog, not exactly Garance per se, but she takes some gorgeous looking pics.

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 19-08-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: missing words
21-08-2009
windowshopping

I'm in love with this couple!

21-08-2009
windowshopping

EDIT: after reading the entire thread (and not just the first 4 posts), and espesially the interviews with Scott I'm left feeling rather .. dissapointed? He sounds like a prick, really. Hopefully he's a better person in real life, and the same goes for Garance. The media can twist and turn on everything you say, so I'm not going to be too judgemental, but if it's true, well.. he's going to meet some seriously bad karma sooner or later.

23-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
^well, some naturally sound arrogant...
some of my friends say i do sound arrogant when i talk sometimes ...
but i'm NOT !

i guess that's my natural voice !

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dore, garance, sartorialist, schuman, scott