How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-06-2010
V.I.P.

Selfridges Success
Quote:
THE Intercontinental Group of Department Stores and the International Association of Department Stores have named shopping mecca Selfridges as the Best Department Store in the world. The store beat off competition from America's Bloomingdales and Lane Crawford in Hong Kong.

"We are delighted to have won this very special award and very proud of our teams who have all contributed in making this happen," said Paul Kelly, Selfridges vice-chairman. "This is very much in recognition of their hard work. This centenary-old brand built on the most extraordinary heritage, confirms that Selfridges is the most relevant and exciting department store today."

The accolade was based on the store's prestigious profile, its product and store innovation strategies, in-store experience, customer service and financial performance. The IGDS is the largest association of department stores worldwide, making the award the highest in the retailing field.
vogue.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg selfridges.jpg (47.3 KB, 0 views)

14-06-2010
Some Like It Hot

I'm surprised at this, i expected it to be Harrods
Selfridges is a fantastic store though, and its a great shopping experience

V.I.P.

Oh no, selfridges is great. Harrods lost its charm along the years..

Its name is its charm now.

sigh.

fashion icon

This really doesn't surprise me, Selfridges is such a nicer place to shop then Harrods. Everytime I've gone into Harrods within the past few years its been chock full of people so you can't properly enjoy the experience. Whereas Selfridges is so pleasent and has a great atmosphere too.

17-06-2010
V.I.P.

^ true

Some Like It Hot

Yeah i agree its a great experience, and their staff are so nice and they have a great selection of great labels

fashion insider

Well this makes me happy, I'm there all the time! It is a great department store, by far my favourite in London, so I think this is well deserved.

V.I.P.

YAY Selfridges my home away from home. It truly is one of the best places to shop.
Even though I've been cheating on it with Liberty lately Selfridges will always be No 1.
Also Selfridges window displays are way better than the other three.

17-06-2010
V.I.P.

@ cheating on it. haha how cute.

aw u people. i like harrods too but as i said, it really lost its charm over the years.. and now that mohamed al fayyed sold it, i dont even feel like going there anymore (he was a friend of my late grand father, hence the emotional tone)

V.I.P.

^ Well what can I say Liberty gave me a members card and you get discount at special sales. I got £40 off a Twenty8Twelve dress I wanted so in the end it was only £100. Bargin.

I like Harrods. But at Christmas it's a nightmare. Stay away until the Dec 27th. Harvery Nicks is alright but they don't have as much stock as the other three especially in the handbag department.

18-06-2010
fashion insider

I do not like Selfridges. Prefer Liberty, by far. That's the best department store I know. Christmas for me is not Christmas till Liberty opens their Christmas shop on the 4fl. No way in the world something as commercial as Selfridges can compete.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
selfridges, success